COB start writing new album

It seems that no-one's anticipating a new album from COB. There's no excitement to be sensed in the air. Just silence. What if they're writing a great album? What if they're working on epic songs? I guess no-one believes any artist can have endless amounts of creativity. I'd really like to hear more song ideas written with heart blood, but everyone's witnessing all these great bands fade away as the pool of creativity stemming from personal traumas is shed, so they're skeptical. I hope I'll be surprised... unfortunately I'm having an intuitive feel this album will sound gray and boring. Maybe it has a color? Maybe it has a spark... hope they deliver something unexpected and the album actually sounds like it has a soul.

I'm excited for it, but it since there has been no news and I do not like to speculate it has been pretty quiet

I'll buy the album regardless, listen to it and hopefully like it so I can play it some more every now and again.
Any style for the album is fine, I don't have any predisposition concerning the trees/colors/gayness/atm0sphereneSs or melodies.
Something new and interesting is the best case scenario, but I won't hold my breath. RRF technicality + HCDR attitude and energy, grumpy old man anger, would be interesting I guess.

Would really like something more melodic, with solo melodies that hum in your head. Maybe violet artwork with black Reaper?

new%20children%20of%20bodom%20album%20art%20designed%20by%20joonas.jpg

I'm colorblind so I'm not sure if it's violet but that's the best I could do.

You forgot the black Reaper. Very important to make the contrast to violet, so it's seen as spiritual instead of romantic color.

No, that's the wookie side... I still haven't decided if I want an orange or turquoise light saber, but one thing's for sure: I want a Tie Fighter, would be so neat to fly over the oceans looking for sea turtles, then blast the fuck away when I see rednecks and Justin Bieber fans...

I want a Tie Fighter, would be so neat to fly over the oceans looking for sea turtles, then blast the fuck away when I see rednecks and Justin Bieber fans...

Go take your Imperial pleb ships elsewhere. My X-Wing would FUCK. YOUR. SHIT. UP. BACKWARDS. while listening to the comfy cantina theme on my blaupunkt x9000vZ obi wan edition radio.

In fact I already did a purple COB artwork with burning lake and Palpatine as the Reaper back in 2007, it fucking sucked, but it was all about the the dark side. Your X-Wings would get smashed into the atmospheric trees and sink into the bottomless bottom of the lake.

In fact I already did a purple COB artwork with burning lake and Palpatine as the Reaper back in 2007, it fucking sucked, but it was all about the the dark side. Your X-Wings would get smashed into the atmospheric trees and sink into the bottomless bottom of the lake.

Hey at least our headquarters isn't a fucking metallic blob in space which can be destroyed with one laser blast from X-Wing.

Also:
christians-0-atheists-0-jabba-1.jpg

Maybe on the coming album COB will go back to their hidden, true roots, which is the Megaman games, and focus more on epic rock melodies. I mean come on, it's the unspoken truth, every late '80's kid with Megaman enthusiasm background knows this. I want the most epic melodies ever on the new album! In that sense, a modern Hatebreeder album with blazing pink on the artwork would be fantastic, as long as the melodies are epic, the riffs killer and the vocals blackish.

I would also like an album with '70's cars and electronic influences. I want the music to give me that evil euphoria, either from deep atmosphere, epic melodies or electronic mastery. Of course the technical and brutal side is a given in any case. I would invite Alexi to a sunny Spring lakebed with a couple beers to listen to this from my boomblaster.

I JUST CAN'T CONTAIN THIS ANY LONGER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega man have lots of great theme songs, thats agreed. But COB didn't have anything to do with any video games back in the day. It was more of a malmsteen thingy with neoclsssical licks and most of them also were a lot like his idols, like Jeff Waters (bed of razors), paul gilbert (silent night, bodom night) randy rhoads (all the tapping licks and slow song harmony lines). The keyboard sound was also just pure luck that they found Janne with his own sound and abillities. Orignally the Inearthed keyboards was more like common Sweedish melodic DM bands. Hope they do find some influences like that again and not just American style DM riffs with the same solo each time like nowadays...

But COB didn't have anything to do with any video games back in the day.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

By this day everyone should know that every metal band ever hasn't done anything original and they just rip-off Megaman songs.

Yeah, the solos these days are fucking boring, mostly same shit song after song (Halo of Blood has a nice solo, tho). The backgrounds are often boring, too. When you listen to Follow the Reaper, how energetic and continuously tied the songs feel, man... But you don't know they didn't play Megaman and it subconsciously affected them. I know it affected my taste of music. It's quite simple, the best melodies came from video games and Japanese animes and shit. How else did Laiho become so clearly better than any of his influences? He combined his guitar influences with his musical-epicness-influences. Just a wild theory, but that's my middle name.