COB start writing new album

(Post-Profane Genocidal Creations)-Dark Fortress? Why would you listen to such a mediocre band when you can listen to this?
smiley_smug.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYfqxoioH4

HOLY SHIT ! what a kick ass song....

Anyone know any metal bands that managed to return to their past greatness closer to the end of their career? I'm just wondering what the odds are.

Anyone know any metal bands that managed to return to their past greatness closer to the end of their career? I'm just wondering what the odds are.

Well, Paradise Lost went from doom metal to synth-pop and nowadays are doom again.

If you consider this to go back to its greatness...

HYPOCRISY tried old school HYPOCRISY style in their latest album and they did a great job without repeating anything.

Well... I haven't noticed anything great in Paradise Lost in the first place... And I think Hypocrisy was best at the middle of their career. :)

Hypocrisy have around 10-15 impressive songs and I think their peak-moment was around The Arrival when they had this extraterrestrial theme going on, but some newer songs are impressive as well. Strange thing about Hypocrisy is they're capable of writing extremely catchy metal music but there's so much shit included in there as well.

The old Hypocrisy takes to its name probably the best death metal riff ever written (0:12 - 0:38)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say about 40% of it is accurate where the rest is just him being pissy and trying to troll.

"They don't even have any songs about sex. All great bands have songs about sex"
Mfw...

3614ky.jpg

Going OT for a bit...

I just bought the red, green and blue ones plus RRF from iTunes to have an HD quality.

Will I hear some unexpected sounds with this HD quality, I personally think that RRF had a poor mixing maybe it was the download.

HD quality... why not just buy the CD, no need to worry about quality.

I had a dream last night I met Alexi and I tried to convince him to make the new album something like Follow the Reaper again.

It's kind of weird how COB's marketing is done so bad. They're making a new album, nobody cares to keep fans excited. This forum is pretty much dead, nobody cares. Well, I don't care about all the fancy art and stuff if the content is lacking that epic feeling, so who cares. Why is the band not passionate about their music anymore? I mean you can hear it in the last album, there's no atmosphere.

Joonas, here you have what you always wanted! hahaha

A new update by Mr. Jaska:

Namaste!

Sorry for not updating recently. I try to change this. I have been very busy both at home and work. We have some songs ready and I must say that they really sound great, very inspiring, dark and also little blackish. We have been joking about Alexi that one day he will come to rehearsals with corpse paints :) ! So dark the songs have been.
Nice autumn to everybody and be very surprised in October!
Jaska

279169_413617608697286_1923164319_o.jpg

"We have some songs ready and I must say that they really sound great, very inspiring, dark and also little blackish."

Does this sound like what Joonas has always been hoping for? (Them being excited about the new music) I can't remember things like this from the "slightly before RRF" era, except the "WIWI is a party song", but that might be because I found this place only about 3 to 4 months before the album was released.

"We have some songs ready and I must say that they really sound great, very inspiring, dark and also little blackish. We have been joking about Alexi that one day he will come to rehearsals with corpse paints :) ! So dark the songs have been."

You expect me to drop my jaw for this? Every time COB opened their mouths about the last two albums, they kept saying all kinds of great things, which to me proved out to be probably posted only in the heat of a moment of anxiety. Inspiring, dark and blackish, what else would you expect him to say? I do like the part about them joking about Alexi coming to rehearsals with corpse paints, but then again, remember how Alexi described RRF as "very satanic"? It's all marketing slogans. Strong words to get you hyped up.

Anything below awesome creativity, aggressive and atmospheric metal is an underperformance by this band. We're comparing these new albums to albums like Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper, and hoping for them to make even greater. But I'd love some Cradle Of Filth influences for sure. Three things they need for their music now is atmosphere, darkness and melodicy.

I don't know what October surprise Jaska is talking about, but if Bodom want to redeem itself they should release a song for tasters that is as creative and as radical from soundworld as Everytime I Die was. Remember all the great words about RRF, like how WIWI is one of their greatest tracks, and it turned out gay pop, the next time they claim to have the most epic metal pieces ever made I won't let it sink in my heart and wait for it like the Saviour ascending. My opinion is first of all more catchy riffs with menacing and atmospheric, dark vibe. Having a riff that's possible for normal humans to play is acceptable if it sounds dark, atmospheric and epic as hell. One such riff for each track would be a nice way to start approach the composions, focus on the atmosphere and then worry about technicality.

Again I've repeated myself all over, it's getting a bit ridicilous every time the band slips any news out about a new album they get a joonaslyzis.