COB start writing new album

Is there any way I can get just sleeper's posts to show? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much craziness and speculation from our local master at the art and then fightback from the rest, I'm behind on my info :D

And I'm about to back up that point by coming here to post LOL

+1 captain ;)

How cool is that? If now people like Jose, Ensi and so on would come back here just to lol on Joonas, I would really start to wank

Like this? :D Haha, I don't think he's ever changing, but I see he changed his mind again, I remember him actually liking RRF when it came out. I guess he's back to cool "old is king new sucks" bandwagon :eek:

Is there any way I can get just sleeper's posts to show? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much craziness and speculation from our local master at the art and then fightback from the rest, I'm behind on my info :D

This is a discussion forum. If you only want the news, that's at the cobhc.com

I don't think he's ever changing, but I see he changed his mind again, I remember him actually liking RRF when it came out. I guess he's back to cool "old is king new sucks" bandwagon :eek:

I liked it when I heard the SKO fragments. The sound seemed better and it happened to be the best bits of the best song. Once WIWI and the album came out I instantly realized it's American style melodic thrash a'la COB, and why is it hard for you to believe I really like FTR better than RRF, are you deaf?

I really don't know whether the old style or the new style have more fans, but you're insisting I really like the new stuff better (cos it's better in your mind) but only tell I like the old cos it's cool... riiiight.

To all the rest: anything really newsworthy that I may have missed (besides the couple of Facebook photos) like tentative timetables or studio time? Thanks in advance :D

To Joonas, couple of things:

1) I know what this is.
2) If you really are implying that the sound of SK on the back of the interview thing was better than the actual album sound I think we know who's deaf here. And WIWI is a standalone on the album the rest have nothing to do with it.
3) Ffs read what people writes, neither did I say you secretly like the new stuff better nor that it is actually better. I said now you say it's "far away from what it should be" (what the fuck do you know about what it should be btw?) but you apparently liked it when it came out. That's it.
4) Congratulations, you won again, it only took me 10 minutes back on the forum to fall again for arguing with you.

I'm reading this with a huge grin on face and probably woke the old hag upstairs laughing. Well it's too bitchy to explain the same shit over again. I'm just waiting to see if they go back to the Lake thing and enough trees and Reapers and cool sound and interesting songwriting. Maybe if the music is about midgets going to destroy a booze shop again I'll start typing on some other forum finally.

Which is your way of saying I have no more arguments. Just laugh it up as if it's the rest of us who are crazy and you the one in posession of some magical truth about how Bodom's music should be. As I said, some things never change.

I just say my interpretation of what COB's music should be like (if I was their album producer I'd say this) is to have more atmosphere and more lead-melody orientation and more emphasiz on vocals. But this is no ultimate truth. Even the green and blue albums are very different. Compare Warheart and Follow the Reaper vocals and atmospheres, it's very different, even inside the albums there's huge differences. Hatebreeder jumps from an eerily atmospheric dark black metalish style to a near folk-metalish vibe between songs, while FTR has both the epicly bright sound and also the darker depressing elements. It's down to songwriting, but I would just like them to use the epic original theme, with great vocals, melodies and atmosphere of old mixed with the experimental keyboard sounds and heavier sound of the new style, etc... I had to cut this message short cos I started talking about my vision of the theme and it just got too deep and it's 4 am so I'm bound to regret everything I type now.

I just say my interpretation of what COB's music should be like (if I was their album producer I'd say this) is to have more atmosphere and more lead-melody orientation and more emphasiz on vocals. But this is no ultimate truth. Even the green and blue albums are very different. Compare Warheart and Follow the Reaper vocals and atmospheres, it's very different, even inside the albums there's huge differences. Hatebreeder jumps from an eerily atmospheric dark black metalish style to a near folk-metalish vibe between songs, while FTR has both the epicly bright sound and also the darker depressing elements. It's down to songwriting, but I would just like them to use the epic original theme, with great vocals, melodies and atmosphere of old mixed with the experimental keyboard sounds and heavier sound of the new style, etc... I had to cut this message short cos I started talking about my vision of the theme and it just got too deep and it's 4 am so I'm bound to regret everything I type now.

They've already released that album, it's called Hatecrew Deathroll.
On that note, you are compleatly mad, and all your recycling your opinion in almost every post is beyond fun now. Off to the ignore list. Even if you came with something "insightfull" on new releases, it still would be the same old horseshit!

They've already released that album, it's called Hatecrew Deathroll.

Nothing separates HCDR from RRF except better songwriting. It's just as non-atmospheric, very superficial and thrashy soundworld. When HCDR came out I was thinking what the hell are they doing to their style...

lol guys been postin same thing for years :tickled:

You just can't compare Trashed, Lost & Strungout / Knuckleduster to the (crappy) singles previously released by the band: Children of Bodom, Downfall, Hate Me!, You're Better Off Dead... it's going to be their best album easily, especially as it comes a year later than planned so there will be lots of time, no filler songs or anything! If the rest of the songs on the album will be anywhere near the two already released songs it will be worth the money... for anyone who doesn't even like metal. Just hope they release the lyrics, why didn't they give 'em out for T,L&S etc? So fucked up!! Well, I'm frustrated enough as a year more is a pretty damn long time to wait. It can be average, it can be ultra good.

I think the song Hatebreeder would've had the potential to be one of the best songs of COB. Not sure but I read somewhere they were intending to make a remix version but turned it down. The song is stupid but has some nice riffs. I'd like the song to begin with this calm flute-like keyboard voice as in the Tokyo Warhearts version, and I like the way it is there better: first drum beat high, second low and third high again (the overmixed album version does it the other way which is worse) and then a huge more aggressive boom, sort of compromising and connecting the album and live version properties. And the song could be more moody and dark, cleaner and more metal, you know.. downtuning the guitars and having a more malice echo to them is what they should do and return to more classic keyboard elements. They could do this for their new album and name the song something else, like.. Snakebite.. you know there's this atmoshpere in the song that something's lurking in the dark and you know it's gonna surprise and kill you.. and the famous Skin Head drink is called Black Snake Bite (beer, cider and blackberry drink). Just make it a classic instead of ridicilous.. There's this nice feeling of a hopeless escape in the song. Oh yeah, and also make a cover of Pamela Andersson's Violator, sharp violins, like Alexi's guitar.. hehe.. Tell me what do you people think..

lmao :lol: It's true I really enjoyed Trashed & Knuckleduster and the generally dark and heavy sound, when it came out... (I still love dark and heavy sound, but despite the good songwriting in those two, I'd prefer WAY more atmosphere these times..) I didn't understand music back then so I kinda dissed the old COB... and obviously the whole album AYDY didn't quite compare to the EP... I only enjoy tracks 1, 2, 4 and to some extent 5 off AYDY (despite mourning the quiet synthesizers), as it technically has eight original tracks. Originally I just thought the old Bodom was worse because the sound was quite... high pitch or something. I thought the heavier it is the better the music is, so I thought AYDY was a step in the right direction. Then I bought my first keyboard and my first guitar and eventually the reality dawned to me. It's true however I did not like the previous single choises. When I posted that I was scratching my head so much my hair was falling off when I tried to figure the lyrics to T,L&S. :erk: And I was so dumb I thought bands pick the worst song off their album for single so they won't reveal the best bits of the album before release. :lol:

Dunno about the others but I'm still here :)
So am I, at least once a week :) Unfortunately during the last year nothing seemed really worth logging in or posting or commenting... you're pretty much the only reason I'm still checking this board, otherwise I'm just tired to read all that Joonas-bashing. There was a nice moment a few days ago when a real discussion grew out of one of his posts and people actually started talking about music, I was nearly tempted to give my two cents as well... but that's rare lately, cause the only posts that keep this thing alive besides your news updates are his posts, and since they admittedly are repetitive, it's hard to discuss them over and over again :lol: We definitely need a new song or album to talk about...

But are we actually going to be getting one next year before the summer or are the summer festivals again a break from the studio? Jaska tries, but he could be a bit clearer when he posts on Facebook about it. If I've not missed something all I know is Alexi has started writing already because he had extra time lying around and that they've at least done some pre-recordings/demos for the songs, and Jaska's studio bound (for real) in a bit over a week, but no idea about tentative dates or actual official studio timing.

Well believe it or not, the album should be written complete about now... it will be released next spring. They're just keeping mute about it.

I'd just like a 10 second sample as quick as possible when the album is ready, or just a short rehearsal sample, to see how the style is.

Well believe it or not, the album should be written complete about now... it will be released next spring. They're just keeping mute about it.

I'd just like a 10 second sample as quick as possible when the album is ready, or just a short rehearsal sample, to see how the style is.

Yeah because that worked out so well last time. The SKO preview was brilliant but as soon as any bit of trash rears its ugly face on a song the entire album is shit!

I had a revelation. It said that the new album will feature a song title with a word 'psychotic' in it. It might even be the title track. Also, the cover art colour will be dark blue. I'm just leaving this here.

There already is a great song with the word 'psychotic' and blue cover art. It's an incredibly atmospheric track that captures the song title "Psychopath's Lair" very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfgFtoKiRA

Here's evidence because artwork's not on youtube. Btw this track has a keyboard piece in the middle and at the end that's one of the most creative keyboard scenes in metal history. COB should study this carefully and learn a thing or two.

Swallow%20the%20Sun%20Ghosts%20of%20Loss%20Back.jpg

:zombie: Are you serious?!? Man, that song is shit as fuck and the keys aren't creative in any way! I thought it isn't possible but you definitely proved again that you have no clue about music. :yuk:

God, I really can't believe that you call this creative. This definitely goes into my sig!

Edit: One of the best statements I've ever read here

Thinking about that, what would disappoint me most would be if they returned back to their old stuff. I really can´t figure out anything more terrible than a band that´s doing the same again and again, same shit in new clothes. If I want that, I can listen to any random pop or R´n´B stuff around, it´s pretty much all the same. But I want bands to evolve, even if it may happen that I don´t like the way they´re taking, but then that´s my own problem.

And: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/cob-off-topic/360771-do-you-agree-joonas.html