COB start writing new album

sooooooo.....

New album huh? be interesting to see what bodom churns out this time :)

I really can't imagine a COB album with 8 or 10 songs. I wouldn't mind tho, if they did a cool intro (like for RRF) and made less actual songs, but made them good. Every COB song should be a masterpiece. And for sure, variation for the song constructions would be much welcome. Even if the album had only 4 actual songs, which were masterpieces, would be much better than having 9 traditional songs that lack epicness.

Why? Nothing suggests it's going to be great. The band won't even talk about it, which to me means they're not happy.

Of course I really really hope to be surprised.

Why? Nothing suggests it's going to be great. The band won't even talk about it, which to me means they're not happy.

Of course I really really hope to be surprised.

? Nothing suggests itll be great, yet you hope to be suprised? Its bodom, why wouldnt it be great?

? Nothing suggests itll be great, yet you hope to be suprised? Its bodom, why wouldnt it be great?

Because Joonas thinks that the albums after HCDR haven't been near as good as the ones before, especially RRF.

In my opinion it would go like this.

FTR = All songs are awesome

HB = Most songs are awesome, the rest good

HCDR = Most songs are awesome, the rest good

AYDY = Some songs are good (PMIB, LDB), rest decent

BD = Some songs are good (BFH, DWEDFN), rest decent

SW = All songs have good parts in them

RRF = All songs have good parts in them (SKO, NMF)

As much as I _obviously_ enjoy Bodom, not all their material is great at all. After RRF which to me sounded catastrophic except for the good moments, the only thing that gives reason to expect good things about this album is it's been described as dark and Alexi said they need a change. I very much think they need a musical change, cos RRF was quite non-atmospheric and creativity-lacking... which is the whole fucking source of musical geniousity. Still, no matter what they publish, I will be anxious to see how it's like. Even if they didn't have original creativity left anymore they could still establish their best elements of old and put them together as a rehash. I'd be STUNNED if they released masterpiece songs like Follow the Reaper etc etc instead of the pointless thrash riffing songs. I believe Alexi doesn't listen to his heart anymore like he used to when writing songs. I wish the songs contained all these energies like in the past, like it sounded art instead of work.

I don't give a fuck, and why do you :lol: There's nothing to do here before there's some big news.

I don't give a fuck also but what should I do here instead of bashing you? Really, I don't care about new bodom news. I know that the new Bodom album will be nearly the same as RRF but as long as it isn't available, I have nothing better to than bashing you.

You must have a shitty boring life bashing someone on a forum you don't even know, and not even argumenting, just bashing for the sake of bashing. That's what makes you such a toad, it just reveals your lack of selfconfidence bro.

I think all their material is great, one way or another... every song by them is musically good in SOME aspect. You're just close minded and think that the "true" bodom lies in their early, alexander years... If you dont like it, whatever, but they are musicians, they have their own creativity. They wouldnt do what theyve already done because its been done. All of their albums have something good to offer.

You must have a shitty boring life bashing someone on a forum you don't even know, and not even argumenting, just bashing for the sake of bashing. That's what makes you such a toad, it just reveals your lack of selfconfidence bro.

Argue with you? About what? The color of an album? Atmosphere? Guitar techniques? :lol:

You're just close minded and think that the "true" bodom lies in their early, alexander years...

:lol:

They wouldnt do what theyve already done because its been done.

Then why do they do all these new albums similar, maybe changing a little bit of guitar tone between albums? In the past, one album had forests and one lakes written all over them... If they changed their mind and like to do the same shit all over then why not at least do the old albums again cos they were better. But before that Alexi should test if he can create very simple but epic melodies again, cos if you only take the sound of the old albums and make it in the style they have now, it would suck immensely.

Maybe they are just doing what they want? Expressing how they want with what tones, melodies, riffs they see fit, or come up with?

If you want to live in the past, then do, but get over the fact bodom dont want to write that stuff anymore

Maybe they are just doing what they want? Expressing how they want with what tones, melodies, riffs they see fit, or come up with?

C'mon, you seriously think that this hasn't been said like kazillion times already? You need to learn that Joonas is an autist who is incapable of comprehending other people's opinions and always thinks "NO, TREES AND LAKES ARE THE MAIN POINT" is a good counter-argument. Which it isn't. If you're going to stick around longer on this board, you'll realize over time that he is posting the same post all over again. For me it took one week.