COB start writing new album

Jaska's update today:

"One month and I will be in the studio recording drums for the new album! Can't wait. Quite soon I will start to be more and more anxious and start to stress about everything. I know it will be ok but still. More and more exercise and practising alone plus band rehearsals. Positive stress is welcome now!"

Can you guys get a feeling they're creating another epic cult-spawning album like Follow the Reaper or Hatebreeder? Me... no. I'd just think if they were excited about the songs they'd tell about it. I'm now in the mindset they're releasing a dark sounding Bodom album... but if it's something as atrocious, retarded, dumbed down as Was It Worth It was, then... Let's see, still some 4 months away from hearing first sample. At least it would be interesting if for once a band didn't hype their newest album the best. Last time they just kept zipped about the album, until the marketing period started.

Are people actually listening to RRF? The next album is gonna blow even harder. Nothing has changed on this forum. MOOOOOOOOAR DRAMA!

The best thing about NMF is the first few seconds when that magical live intro ties together with the song, I can see an inferno of flames when listening to it, pyros licking through the eyesockets of skulls, and the hihats or whatever are very creative - the first seven seconds. After that, the song transcends into something that frighteningly reminds of thrash and then come the horrendous vocals. A few nice melodies and riffs here and there and a flashy guitar solo, but the overall thrashyness is the curse that spoils the song. The worst thing is the pre-chorus with the thrashy slamming and group shouts. I'd also prefer the first chorus melody without vocals, then go with another one with the vocals. Also I think the intro riffing that carries through the song should have maybe some choir background too cos it's just too boring otherwise. And the usual problem with this album, there's no interesting background for the solos so it's just *sigh*. So if I made this song I'd create a better pre-chorus and apply the other things I mentioned. The only vocal part that I particurly enjoy is this 4:28 - 4:32 because it somehow gels with the music. The band would probably think who's this annoying gay nerd little bitch trying to improve our art... I'm not saying I could do better, but it's just my personal ideas always as one fan on where they could still improve in striving for perfection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see an inferno of flames when listening to it, pyros licking through the eyesockets of skulls, and the hihats or whatever are very creative - the first seven seconds.

i think youre autistic bro :err: seriously, a sane, normal person just doesnt end up in a COB forum, with 7,000 posts, writing about trees, red, blue and eyesockets.
You know, i rarely even listen to music, but whenever i see something about COB or see them in my music library im reminded of this weird, creepy, autistic guy and im like.. eeeeew no, no no.. i dont wanna listen to whatever that weirdo listens to.
Youre actually hurting the band... thats pretty cool

:lol:

Joonas, I would worry about your posts, really. It's so cool that members who haven't posted here for ages just come back to this thread to tell you how much you suck. I've also seen new guys who just registered to tell you how dumb your postings are.
Can anybody sink any deeper than you? I swear, I have never seen something similar in any other forum than this, where ONE person makes it happen to concentrate the "hate" of a whole forum against himself.

I swear, I have never seen something similar in any other forum than this, where ONE person makes it happen to concentrate the "hate" of a whole forum against himself.

I don't think it's correct label people as "haters" when they are just reminding Joonas about his autism since he tends to forget that every now and then.

I don't care what you say cos I shit all over you when it comes to creativity. You're just forum trolls trying to lift their self-confidence by fucking with me on the internet.

I don't think it's correct label people as "haters" when they are just reminding Joonas about his autism since he tends to forget that every now and then.
Thats why I put hate into " "
And I'm about to back up that point by coming here to post LOL
How cool is that? If now people like Jose, Ensi and so on would come back here just to lol on Joonas, I would really start to wank
I don't care what you say cos I shit all over you when it comes to creativity. You're just forum trolls trying to lift their self-confidence by fucking with me on the internet.

Oh really? Where is your so called creativity? All you did is repeating over and over again how green and blue your atmosperic Bodom keyboard-trees should be, just in another succession. Anything else hasn't anything to do with creativity dude. Creativity is more than just writing about something without any real effect. All you do is typing stupid things in an internet forum which nobody wants to hear, nobody cares about and nobody will ever achieve and you call that creativity?!? :erk:

I thought it was always obvious. :zzz:

OMG LE EPIC COUNTER-TROLL X--D
I bet you're now scratching your neckbeard while thinking "Damn, it was original and atmospheric counter-troll which made me see trees near the Lake Bodom while the flames were shooting out from the eye sockets of the Reaper's skull. Especially the words 2-3 were infused with huge amounts of mysteric atmosphere."

Difference is, real geniuses are humble and they don't need to toot their horns all the time to make them feel better about themselves. That's why Joonas will never be a real genius.

You teach me something here I already know. I should just silence my ego / ignore all the trolls' comments, and carry on whatever I do. It's clear this is the wrong place for me now, only people who enjoy the depth lacking RRF remain on this forum, it's natural they won't understand me. Guy talking about lakes and trees on a thrash music forum, what the hell am I thinking.