COB start writing new album

I've been visiting this forum for years & only decided to join lately so I could add joonas to the ignore list as I don't want to keep scrolling through pages and pages on every topic of how he hates the band now yet can't stop talking about them. Stop the acid trip you're on; every post you make is about how "red" "blue" and "green" the next album should be makes no fucking sense and makes you sound autistic.

Anyway's I wasn't a big fan of their new stuff post HCDR but after learning a lot of songs on guitar I have an added respect for their new stuff and it made me actually really like their "new" style (AYDY is now in my top 3 by them). I really wish they would try the Something Wild/ Beware The Heavens tuning again as it might give Alexi some new inspiration though instead of mainly drop C

I can't even find words to describe how lame you are. Wannabe internet school bullies. Get the fuck off this thread if you can't discuss the music.

I can't even find words to describe how lame you are. Wannabe internet school bullies. Get the fuck off this thread if you can't discuss the music.

donte.gif

I'm unimpressed and I don't care until you surprise me with your input on the musical discussion. Call me whatever you want, I'm too mature to fight on things this small.

Of course, it's clear you would never philosophize the next Bodom album, you're here just to lift you internet ego by arguing with Joonas.

I'm unimpressed and I don't care until you surprise me with your input on the musical discussion. Call me whatever you want, I'm too mature to fight on things this small.

But you ain't mature enough to leave me completely unnoticed. There's no point in discussing about CoB's music here because everytime someones opinion differs from yours, you just go like "NO IT'S ABOUT TREES" and the same shitstorm that's been plaguing this board for several years now starts all over again.

At least Joonas is trying to keep this thread somewhat alive. After all this is a thread for speculation etc. I mean, who knows what the band has in store for us?
I just wish we could turn down the negativity here, it would make reading these threads a lot more enjoyable.

This forum has been for years about me contributing to the discussion and others whining like girls and trying to insult me to the point of nerve breakdown. But it's the only COB forum so what can you do. If the next album sucks too then I'm out for sure.

This forum has been for years about me contributing to the discussion and others whining like girls and trying to insult me to the point of nerve breakdown. But it's the only COB forum so what can you do. If the next album sucks too then I'm out for sure.

I don't even think you know what you want anymore. You're praising AYDY nowadays and now you like songs like one day you will cry. That's a complete 180 from your usual gospel.

To be honest, I think you're just a sucker for background keyboard. AYDY is when of the most trashy and non atmospheric songs COB has written.

To be honest, I think you're just a sucker for background keyboard. AYDY is when of the most trashy and non atmospheric songs COB has written.

No it isn't that easy, it takes more for atmosphere than to just lay a keyboard background. The riffs during the verses of AYDY are atmospheric, even tho you technically wouldn't believe it, while some lame keyboard backgrounds aren't. It's all about doing it with feeling and vision. And the chorus has a key background live that sounds good, while on the album it's the most horrible creation of the band so far. The song is very good otherwise, especially the intro and outro, pure magnificence, particularly during Alexi's long screams. It would be awesome if they managed to make something as good again.

I always loved songs 1, 2, 4 (and some of 5) off AYDY or at least thought they had immense potential but sadly the genious keyboard ideas they portray live are mixed down or nonexistent on the album (making those certain parts actually sound bad), which is sad cos those parts are some of the most climatic the band ever made. I'm talking about basically the intro of Punch Me I Bleed, and the chorus which failed to capture any feeling on the studio, and the verse keyboards of LDB which were probably added for occasional live use later on, and the absolutely orgasmic LDB chorus keyboards which I've heard being portrayed more distinct on live outings and for example Mitch's backing track, and of course the AYDY chorus. While on the other hand I think the interlude melody of LDB should have the keyboards mixed almost completely down and the lead guitar mixed on top, to sound much cooler - the acoustics also sound like it's being played in a box instead of a mountain top. The intro lead keyboard should also be more low profile. Otherwise I don't like the album.

I think what we know by now is...

1) There will probably be two song titles with 'Bodom' in it.

2) The music is described as dark. The way it was before Matt Hyde wanted it to sound American, or particularly dark even compared to Blooddrunk?

That's all there is, and the album songwriting is almost done by now.

1) There will probably be two song titles with 'Bodom' in it.

I don't think that this affects songwriting in any particular way, excluding lyrics. Also, I seriously hope that 666xXxWildChildxXx666 won't force himself to make two "Bodom songs" because that would be just fanservice and it probably isn't something he would like to write about. It's not like I would really care about CoB's lyrics but I don't want the shit I listen to be complete fanservice. Also the so-called "Bodom theme" isn't any longer relevant in their music and lyrics, so why the hell should they try to forcefully make two "Bodom songs"? If the songs turn out to be complete shit, then everyone would buttravaged because "the band has raped the legacy of bodom-songs". Seriously I think they should really leave the lake-theme and all that kinda shit behind. Why? So they wouldn't completely rape our golden memories about first three albums which actually included trees and lakes with something completely commercial thrash metal-shite which has the "TREES AND LAKES INCLUDED" label on the cd case, a label that also turns out to be nothing more than empty promises.

I don't think that this affects songwriting in any particular way, excluding lyrics. Also, I seriously hope that 666xXxWildChildxXx666 won't force himself to make two "Bodom songs" because that would be just fanservice and it probably isn't something he would like to write about. It's not like I would really care about CoB's lyrics but I don't want the shit I listen to be complete fanservice. Also the so-called "Bodom theme" isn't any longer relevant in their music and lyrics, so why the hell should they try to forcefully make two "Bodom songs"? If the songs turn out to be complete shit, then everyone would buttravaged because "the band has raped the legacy of bodom-songs". Seriously I think they should really leave the lake-theme and all that kinda shit behind. Why? So they wouldn't completely rape our golden memories about first three albums which actually included trees and lakes with something completely commercial thrash metal-shite which has the "TREES AND LAKES INCLUDED" label on the cd case, a label that also turns out to be nothing more than empty promises.

I wholeheartedly agree, first of all it's stupid to want songs with Bodom titled in it... which makes me hope Alexi was joking about adding more this time, since it doesn't change anything. Already Bastards Of Bodom was a parody. I laughed so hard when the RRF song titles were announced and somebody cried about it. Must've been the same post the band noticed.

There used to be epic songs with 'Bodom' in it... like SNBN. If they can make that songwriting again I don't really care what they call the song. The cries for the past are all about the feeling and the epic songs. I don't honestly even care so much about their theme, I just want some great music. Right now I'm hoping for some melodic black metal and industrial keyboards influenced Bodom with all the good spices of the old days. I also have a suggestion: I think Alexi shouldn't try to sing like the old days, instead he should make some raspy and silent vocals this time for an interesting change, and occasional screams. Because when he tries to maintain a thorough screaming it doesn't work, so the vocals should be something like I suggested and then he could put actual effort into the occasional screams.