COB start writing new album

:zombie: Are you serious?!? Man, that song is shit as fuck and the keys aren't creative in any way! I thought it isn't possible but you definitely proved again that you have no clue about music. :yuk:

God, I really can't believe that you call this creative.

+1 on that arcane..

i didnt even wanted to reply here cause it thought this dude was joking...

if he came up with something like stratovarius it would have been an diffrent case

:zombie: Are you serious?!? Man, that song is shit as fuck and the keys aren't creative in any way! I thought it isn't possible but you definitely proved again that you have no clue about music. :yuk:

God, I really can't believe that you call this creative. This definitely goes into my sig!

Edit: One of the best statements I've ever read here

And: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/cob-off-topic/360771-do-you-agree-joonas.html

I barely post on here, but I had to back up Joonas. Swallow The Sun are beastly and that song is definitely not "shit as fuck".

Now that I saw the SOB necrothread on the front page, how do I miss that site. A lot of good and accurate information, plus the new album logs they had were great, too bad they lasted so little. Also, their yearly interviews with Alexi were about the only interviews really worth reading really as far as actual and new info.

Well believe it or not, the album should be written complete about now... it will be released next spring. They're just keeping mute about it.

I'd just like a 10 second sample as quick as possible when the album is ready, or just a short rehearsal sample, to see how the style is.

I do know that, how would Jaska go record in about a week otherwise or demos be already recorded? But yeah, I meant if there was any sort of deadline or studio info that I may have missed.

I had a revelation. It said that the new album will feature a song title with a word 'psychotic' in it. It might even be the title track. Also, the cover art colour will be dark blue. I'm just leaving this here.

Seriously? I thought with Joonas was enough for this stuff. Unless you're kidding, in which case touché, you got me.

Edit: One of the best statements I've ever read here

Aye, she usually has interesting stuff to post when she does.

I barely post on here, but I had to back up Joonas. Swallow The Sun are beastly and that song is definitely not "shit as fuck".

I shouldn't have brought this up. COB fans are known as immature and superficial when it comes to music taste. StS fans are a small group, but they're mostly tall men in their thirties who dress in black, enjoy the deeply atmospheric music, clap their hands between songs in respect of the art, which the artist treats respectfully as well. The StS gig I saw last spring was probably the most amazing gig I've ever seen. But if you listen to music just looking for the ice cream melodies and catchy fast riffs, you don't capture the awesomeness under that surface. It's a different frequency to COB. Both are masters of their style of metal. Someone who loves RRF could never feel StS's music, even tho it's brilliant and emotional as fuck.

Also fun fact. They have the same drummer as Wintersun.

Yeah, Kai Hahto started playing for them, he's got the skills but not the style of StS. He's like smiling on stage and everything.

That excerpt is nothing but chug chug chug chug chug with a standard keyboard chorus progression behind it.

I think this just enforces my theory that Joonas is basically a sucker for loud background keyboard. I mean if AYDY suddenly becomes atmospheric with some keyboards it's hard to take this serious.

That excerpt is nothing but chug chug chug chug chug with a standard keyboard chorus progression behind it.

I think this just enforces my theory that Joonas is basically a sucker for loud background keyboard. I mean if AYDY suddenly becomes atmospheric with some keyboards it's hard to take this serious.

No.

Thing is you, and Arcane, look at music technically. I know the keyboard background isn't technically anything, but it's fucking creative. It turns the thought of a psychopath's sick world into musical emotion. A very simple but extremely genious composion wins a horseshit boring ultra technical fast solo any day for me.

That's why we have countless technically superiour guitarists, who never achieve or create anything, and we have bands like Swallow the Sun who don't know shit about musical theory and just create epicness with their heart and become legends.

'...all it takes for me to feel atmosphere is to have loud keyboards', lol.

No.

Thing is you, and Arcane, look at music technically.

I actually don't. I just listen to music and if it makes me happy I'll listen to it again. To be honest, must of the stuff I listen to is older very non-technical music.

And for the record, I think you guys seriously overrate the technicality of COB's later albums. They're honestly not too technical for the most part, but they are more riff oriented.

I know the keyboard background isn't technically anything, but it's fucking creative. It turns the thought of a psychopath's sick world into musical emotion. A very simple but extremely genious composion wins a horseshit boring ultra technical fast solo any day for me.

I have a very hard time seeing any genius in this excerpt of the song. It works, but doesn't do anything for me. It's a brand of metal that's too 'hardcore' for me I guess. I can't stand this kind of super low tuned chug chug chug type shit. Reminds me of crab core.

'...all it takes for me to feel atmosphere is to have loud keyboards', lol.

Just an observation, man. I didn't say only thing you listen for is keyboards, but I've noticed every example of atmosphere for you has it. But when you AYDY suddenly became a great song and atmospheric to you because the addition of some background keyboard it became pretty clear to me what tickles your fancy.

I know the keyboard background isn't technically anything, but it's fucking creative.
I think you should think of the definition of creativity again. Even if it sounds good in your ears, doesn't make it creativ. It can sound good and maybe atmospheric but creativ is definitely the wrong word for that lame key part. "Oh, he's so creativ. He's playing a c-triplet over a c chord." Bitch, please...^^

I think you guys seriously overrate the technicality of COB's later albums. They're honestly not too technical for the most part, but they are more riff oriented.
And those riffs are more technical-orientated ;)
Of course, they aren't soooo technical, not like bands like Necrophagist or even Sinergy, but that is the perfect mix for me (less power chords,few melodies, lot of alternate picking)

Jaska's fb update today:

"Hi all.
Good news! All the songs for the new album are ready. Feels like a Christmas present for COB! Next step after holidays is that I'm gonna start sweating my ass off in the studio.
Cheers!"

That is amazing news!
I think it's a decent estimate to see the release early May. That should give more than enough time to record, promote and release 1 or 2 singles.

Jaska's fb update today:

"Hi all.
Good news! All the songs for the new album are ready. Feels like a Christmas present for COB! Next step after holidays is that I'm gonna start sweating my ass off in the studio.
Cheers!"

He doesn't care to speak one word about the music. Don't fucking tell me the album isn't great. I've given you so many epic ideas. Don't tell me I've wasted my precious time again.

I just called Alexi and this is what I got...

Alexi - Yeah
Joonas - Whadup buddy, you got new songs ready?
Alexi - Yeah and what has it to do with you?
Joonas - I'm from the COB forum and I wanted to ask if there's atmosphere in the songs
Alexi - You mean like that neo-classical wankery? No
Joonas - No, but do you write epic shit again with the whole forests and lakes thing
Alexi - It's in the coverart but it doesn't inspire me anymore
Joonas - So what inspires you? Midgets and drunken skaters?
Alexi - Dude why the hell am I having this conversation, who the hell are you anyway?
Joonas - I'm Joonas
Janne - Ah that guy, he's a fucking jerk, hang up the phone
Alexi - Sorry dude, I'm just gonna write whatever comes up, take it easy
Joonas - But you can never write another SNBN...
[---]

Dude are you kidding me... stop making shit up because this didnt happend, you seriously believe yourself ? omg dude... you dont have alexi's phone number because simpelly his girlfriend would cut your ballsack off...

you're full of SHIT bro and an lazy crappy liar to !