COB start writing new album

i dont think people Actually aimed to have you out of this forum, most of us are telling you to shut the fuck up. they just want you to stop having such an blabbermouth, if you just keep your awnsers and posts Basic and not to confused and normal. nobody will get frustrated with you.

its better to say nothing and walk away instead of coming back and try to win an converstation what will end up in an fight and other shit.

if everybody acts norma,l speak normal and keep it human. than hopefully we can discuss the new album in here.

On the COBTV subject, I'd definitely love to see some of it again, but I don't know if we'll be seeing any this time around. They look like they're being much more secretive about this album, plus with Blooddrunk the 3rd episode never came, and with RRF they didn't even get to the second one.

But as I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, all info on the album is welcomed.

This is a never-ending pattern.

And what we don't believe is how the hell you don't see why. You don't give your opinion on the music nor actually discuss or give any credit to other's opinions, you simply STATE what Bodom SHOULD be doing and keep making ridiculous assumptions and enshrining or tearing appart "facts" or bands that you may be into or feel have the missing part COB needs to write great music again. We (or at least I) have nothing against you voicing opinions and starting actual discussions, where there's back and forth and not just one universal truth (yours), nor against you personally since I don't think any of us actually knows you in person.

This is why you piss people off, and if you don't see it, then I don't know what more to tell you.

Why you create a fuss over someone's passion. I just say what I enjoy hearing and what I think could sound great. I'd not care stressing this kinda shit on some other bands' forum, I'd just listen to the good parts of their work and carry on. Passion means both desire and suffering.

I personally care a lot about the artistic side and the atmosphere side, that's why I'd love to have more emphasiz on it. I'd love an album to have a characteristic feel to it, with a personal dominating vibe. Whether the soundworld is cold, intense, mysterious, dark, electronic, brutal... Each song by COB is expected to be a new-born legend... the expectations after the green and blue album are very demanding to begin with. New track 1 is expected to be another epic slaughterhouse teeming with divine melodies, new track 2 is expected to be a new SNBN, new track 3 is expected to be a new Hatebreeder, new track 4 is expected to be a new Bed Of Razors, new track 5 is expected to be a new Mask Of Sanity, new track 9 is expected to be a new Kissing the Shadows... and when it doesn't happen, isn't frustration and disappointment quite natural? When fans get a taste of greatness they're not satisfied by anything else. However, no band makes a cult CD every time. I just want to expect an interesting and solid addition to the discography, with some gems in it.

Stop bitching for one day wankers, it's christmas!
312566_507787992594948_1807786938_n.jpg

Tbh, I feel kind of excited regarding the new album. So far, we've only gotten the hints that the album will be somewhat 'black' which I'm perfectly okay with.
Mainly listening to Black Metal it would be interessting to see them taking this approach, allthough I recall that they said something similar before Blooddrunk.

The only albums I could think of regarding actual Black Metal influences would be Something Wild, Hatebreeder and somewhat Blooddrunk (At least the vibe is somewhat similar despite being thrash for the most of the time). Personally, this would be a win-win situation for me, I simply like these 3 the most.

In addition, I didn't like RRF at the beginning and thought that this was wasted money but it kind of grew on me. Songs like NmF, Shovel and Roundtrip are a good listen and well written, Pussyfoot has very nice rhythm guitars (Think, Arcane said this before), the title track being my favourite song of the album, simply love the beginning as it's more thrashy.

I hope that they explore a different soundworld this time with a different emphasis than RRF which sounded to harmless in my opinion - I missed the aggression which was present in Something Wild (Best Album), Hatebreeder (Close second) and Blooddrunk (Third). Back to the roots would be nice here, seeing that they actually had a 'black past' in the demos Shining & UAoR (at least Shamed in here). But as we all know that this is rather not possible I hope that they will combine Blooddrunk & RRF. As long as it has no song similar to In Your Face on there, I'm good with whatever they come up with.

Merry Christmas.

An interesting side note would be this recent interview where someone asked Henkka something in the lines of "people have been talking about the melodies in RRF" (which was actually a myth anyway that sprung from the SKO fragments) to which Henkka replied "...So what if there's melodies?" He actually thought people were complaining about the existence of melodies in the first place. This is just... weird.

Merry fucking Christmas.

That might have been a reply for their newer audience who find thrashier sound more appealing. That would also imply that they consider thrash metal fans as their main audience which exactly isn't so far from the truth. It's true that catchy melodies have become more insignificant in their music these days but they're still there, though I wouldn't mind if the melodies had a bigger part in CoB, but yeah, that indeed was an interesting sidenote.

Also Joonas, sorry for me being such a cunt during this year. This doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna keep on bashing you and your trees in the future but you know it's Christmas and all so I think it's appropriate to apologize.

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!

I'd be surprised if someone had problems with say the melodies of the song Hatebreeder. It's just a perfect example how melodies can support and spice up the aggression in a song, making the outcome epic. While I understand some people find melodies in a song like Bastards of Bodom too rash and superficial (me being one).

I too feel I have to apologize for annoying people with my obsession with the lakes & trees thing... still, I promise it will not stop. I hope the new album will serve for interesting discussion.

Rock on Joonas !,

hatebreeder licks or melodies written like in follow the reaper are pretty Awesome, and wont hurt modern metal music !,

there is something amazing that the Nail from the first album at the end had. stuff like that is pretty epic, but on the otherhand riffs like in SKO is pretty kickass to its hard to combine old with new. it would probably sound pretty weird. if you use neoclassic riffs it has to sound right with the entire song. and im pretty sure it will be an trashy kickass album with yet some new material wich would be kick ass. so far Every album they made sounded diffrent to the other. this is pretty unique wich i like about bodom, if you get same after same after same it will become boring. its actually an good way to keep fans !

Sorry Sleeper :D

Jaska on Facebook:
Yo!
Today we had the last rehearsals before entering the studio tomorrow to record drums for the new album.

Last two days have been quite intensive. Playing the songs over and over again, lots of fuck ups and broken drum sticks, sweating, frustration, coffee and what have you, a little bit of arranging and all that shit.

I am convinced that the new songs are great. A little bit of black metal, heavy metal, metal, old school death metal, melodies, solos and anything you need to make a nice album. And the most important, new ideas à la COB!

Stay tuned, studio reports will follow.

Now I think I am ready for a beer!
KIPPIS !!
Jaska
376694_450993948292985_1451004097_n.jpg

Looks good! :) I'm looking forward to it!
"I am convinced that the new songs are great. A little bit of black metal, heavy metal, metal, old school death metal, melodies, solos and anything you need to make a nice album"

He should've kept on saying "...power metal, gore metal..."

New ideas sound good, the rest he said was to be expected.

He doesn't say thrash metal, what's up with that? They don't like the word, never used it before I think. Except for Hatebreeder having riffs from Roope's thrash metal band Stone.