COB start writing new album

My prediction is that this album will be something different from their recent works. I think the RRF recording period was the period that can't be compared to other albums. they went through a phase that needed to do something like that and I understand it. but this time I think (although it's soon to judge) we're getting something new.

I think they taking this serious for the first time. Last time they said it will be the best album (hurrdurr) and they made a really big hype, but now its all silent, so its gonna hit hard once it comes out.

Actually it was the same silence last time. People thought it means either it's great or it's not very good. Only when the album was pretty much done they started shouting how great it is. But then it turned out to be fluke, in most people's opinion. I'm pretty sure I'll like this one more than RRF.

I really wish if they could use Peter Tagtgren as producer...much better than using a thrash producer. Peter is just awesome.

Yeah... except Hypocrisy sounds more thrashy these times than they did around when COB made Follow the Reaper in the Abyss studio, and Hypocrisy made The Arrival... I don't think COB are using a producer now, but I think they should use someone who is really creative with atmosphere in melodic black metal bands... However, I don't think Peter had too much influence in the music. Around those years many bands made cold-sounding albums, Hypocrisy, Bodom, Norther... maybe it was a trend, I dunno.

I don't know to what extent Peter is involved in the process of writing the material. but damn he does a good sound job on the albums he works on.

just to name some of them:

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

Immortal - At the Heart of Winter

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

Rotting Christ - Khronos

Shining - Angst, självdestruktivitetens emissarie

Hypocrisy - The Arrival

Septicflesh - The Great Mass

these were just some examples to show how awesome he is in making an album sound heavy and relevant to the material and the band itself.

Seth from Septic Flesh did state in the bonus DVD of their latest album that Peter played an important role in the heavy sound and he brought the mass of death.

I watched something on him and he talked about many bands having no vision of the overall product, how an album should sound like, and then end up with a mess. That's something I think is true and applies also to different songs on an album. I think COB has used certain songs on albums to determine the perfect sound for that song, and use the exact same for the other songs as well, which hasn't worked so well for the other songs. This is just my theory. I think songs that determined the sound for the respectful albums were such as Everytime I Die and In Your Face, then you have some songs on Hatebreeder and HCDR which sound perfect and others that would sound better with a different soundworld... songs that have a bit wrong sound on the albums are Mask of Sanity and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, for example...

Hate to say it Joonas but if it's anything like the last album, Blooddrunk, Are you Dead yet, or even Hatecrew Deathroll then I will endure the music but it won't reach me like the first 3 did. I know it is pretty ridiculous to think COB is going to revert to a style they had more than 10 years ago but there is always a chance. The first step in the right direction was re-signing with nuclear blast. Maybe Alexi will tap into his inner Mozart again and make a badass dark evil and awesome sounding album like the first 3 were.

Here's hoping. Then they come out with another WIWI and your world is crushed.

RRF is just the typical hammering sound. It's a rock sound but lacks the feeling of rock music. Metal sound should be more atmospheric, or at least have some aggressive cool riffs. Yes it's got the wacky (yet slow) COB'ish technicality, but this certainly isn't getting them a new cult or legion of crazy fans and screaming girls. That's what they should aim for.

You all know what it's down to... Bring on the epic songwriting, pure aggression and atmospheric melodicy. I just personally don't think the creativity in the last album is enough for a band that made FTR and all those albums. They should've taken me for producer, I just wouldn't know what the fuck to do it the studio other than drink coffee and throw Jaska's drum sticks around. But the artistic vision of the album I hope is there this time.

Hey guys, I don't if anybody noticed but everytime a new album came out it was different than the others...
So we cannot really compare them like "I hope it will be like the FTR or AYDY", but we can hope fore some juicy solos and brutal growls :D

190723_452758998116480_1554391334_n.jpg

Hi!

At first I would like to thank all the fans for the support I got through the year. I wouldn´t have believed that this many were interested about this little drummer boy from Finland. Also cheers to colleagues, co-workers and friends around the world!

After seven recorded tracks it is nice to go out and celebrate the New Year´s Eve and enjoy the DAY OFF tomorrow. I must say, I feel tired...

Anyway, take care everybody and I really really wish you all happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Jaska

True, I want some brutal fucking growls and animal vocals. No more immature vocals/lyrics stuff plz. Vocals is the easiest thing where they can improve massively.

Towards Dead End is an incredible and unique song I don't think they can even create one more song like that... but there is still hope

nevermind

I dont know if it has been posted here but months ago Jaska wrote this:

Namaste!

Sorry for not updating recently. I try to change this. I have been very busy both at home and work. We have some songs ready and I must say that they really sound great, very inspiring, dark and also little blackish. We have been joking about Alexi that one day he will come to rehearsals with corpse paints :) ! So dark the songs have been.
Nice autumn to everybody and be very surprised in October!
Jaska
(September 23)
Seems like it will be black for sure :headbang:

Black metal and blast beat sounds great, if only the black metal is melodic or atmospheric. I just don't buy into these words so much, because they said Relentless Reckless Forever would be "very Satanic", but once I heard it I was massively disappointed to see it wasn't true. That album sounds more like pseudo-heavy metal with immature lyrics, you can hear there's more potential than the music lets out to be... like someone forced a talented band to dumb down their music.

I'd really love some evil grim blackish metal with massive blast beats echoed by dramatic keyboards and guitars and intense growls... something like the outro of AYDY, which is just pure genious.

3:33 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGBipEZ53I

because they said Relentless Reckless Forever would be "very Satanic"
:lol:

If they do a Black Metal record, it's going to be melodic. I just can't see COB doing raw, old school black metal. Even the low fi sounds of IneartheD stay in melodic territory.

Do you think playing Deadnight Warrior and(at least contemplating) playing Touch/Angel has made them look more favorably on Something Wild? I saw a magazine interview here where Alexi stated he like the young ambition on that album, or something on the lines of that.