COB start writing new album

"Demo tracks for playing along"

386707_453874421338271_1679403849_n_zps4d389c12.jpg

Where are the other one Sleeper? :p
Pre-studio check.
398617_453874251338288_934541691_n.jpg

I think I have everything for the studio... hmm something is missing...
224841_453874284671618_2078207484_n.jpg

1) You need a carpet that tells you how to build your rack system. There are plenty of marks on the carpet but you can´t see them.
321052_453874294671617_413177875_n.jpg

2) Then you need a technician who builds the drum kit up for you. I know, I´m spoiled and lazy nowadays... :)
602697_453874311338282_1327231363_n.jpg

Wait for it...
379555_453874348004945_1838672589_n.jpg

3) This is how you tune the drums. You just need a cordless drill...
1535_453874351338278_25015667_n.jpg

5) Then you just nail down all the songs with your kit. Easy, isn´t it?
Do I really need all this? YES!,
and also a lot of sticks...
73600_453874524671594_762636665_n.jpg

:lol:

If they do a Black Metal record, it's going to be melodic. I just can't see COB doing raw, old school black metal. Even the low fi sounds of IneartheD stay in melodic territory.

Do you think playing Deadnight Warrior and(at least contemplating) playing Touch/Angel has made them look more favorably on Something Wild? I saw a magazine interview here where Alexi stated he like the young ambition on that album, or something on the lines of that.

The fact they opened some recent gigs with Warheart just confirms my predecessing feelings Alexi started realizing they had something special going on around that era. He said they should honestly look back at who they used to be and learn from example. Sure there were some things where inexperience showed but you need to be an idiot to not realize the feeling in the music around Hatebreeder and FTR days was sensational. Just listen to Warheart.

Yeah, all this expectations are cool, but with blooddrunk and RRF made, I doubt that they make something really different.

But well, If his album is a old school black metal with some melodic things like inearthed second and third demo, and something wild, I can die happy.

i dont understand why nobody like blooddrunk n rrf, i love their old albums, but blooddrunk was pretty cool, very different but very cool, same with rrf, they r growing musically their taste is changing.....imagine how many times they had to play their songs, of course they get tired of this genre they try to make smth else....they change thats how it supposed to be. i love their first album, hatebreeder is my favorite, but i also love blooddrunk, id probably put it on the second place. if u dont like them now, u can just stop listening to them, its pretty easy?! nobody is making u listen to them or check their updated or be on their forum.

It's not that nobody likes the new albums. RRF is my favorite album atm. There's only a few people in this forum who don't like the newer ones, on top with a guy called Joonas who can't stop to whine how shit RRF. When you read the last pages you'll see that it's mostly the same persons and especially Joonas who's not discussing - as he always claims - but whining and whining and telling the same things over and over again and again and again and again and again.

i dont understand why nobody like blooddrunk n rrf, i love their old albums, but blooddrunk was pretty cool, very different but very cool, same with rrf, they r growing musically their taste is changing.....imagine how many times they had to play their songs, of course they get tired of this genre they try to make smth else....they change thats how it supposed to be. i love their first album, hatebreeder is my favorite, but i also love blooddrunk, id probably put it on the second place. if u dont like them now, u can just stop listening to them, its pretty easy?! nobody is making u listen to them or check their updated or be on their forum.
I actually hated Blooddrunk when it came out, but recently bought it. I think most of my hate towards the album was from listening to other people put it down. I love the angry, self descructive vibe, the sloppy buzzsaw guitars, and Janne's keyboard tone.

It's a good album to me.

Blooddrunk is an interesting album for sure, songwriting is more sensible and purposeful than on RRF. It's not as epic as the two best albums but it's interesting, so many unique keyboard sounds too. I used to hate Roadkill Morning but lately it's grown on me and I dig it. I still think Done is a shit song and Smilex is second worst, it's like trying to be old-schoolish Bodom (I suppose) but fails. Roadkill Morning is like straight up puking and grunting, it's tense in all its ugliness, the solos are actually pretty nice (altough not memorable). If the new album somehow manages to be worse than RRF, maybe I'll start liking RRF...

But this stuff is not manifesting the true potential of the band. There needs to be more darkness, more epic leads, better vocals, cooler riffing, revolutionary keyboard scenes, slaying solos... a vision and a theme.

But this stuff is not manifesting the true potential of the band. There needs to be more darkness, more epic leads, better vocals, cooler riffing, revolutionary keyboard scenes, slaying solos... a vision and a theme.

bro.. your blue, red, and trees are reverb, delay and 80s drum samples. :heh:

Roadkill and Lobodomy are the songs that got me back into the album. Roadkill is heavy and in your face(no pun), but slows down with a sad sounding keyboard melody in the chorus. Janne's solo is nice too :)

I'm not sure how I would describe Lobodomy yet, since I just seriously started listening to it. The lyrics are probably my favorite from the album(maybe second to Banned from Heaven), although that isn't saying much.

Blooddrunk and RRF are just different. When you compare them with the earlier work, yes they are bad. But individually they actually are pretty awesome in their own way.

OMG I think I just came seeing Jaskas drum pics !! Is that a new stand !?? It looks FCKING AWESOME !!!! \m/ \m/

Btw, I just received and watching my re-ordered Live in Stockholm DVD coz I apparently lost my other - and watching Jaskas stand, this looks like a new one !?

I think Blooddrunk is really great even if some people think its sucks. The melody is just epic in all songs :)
Listen to this song:

One of their best recently... fine solo and the keyboards are awesome. The intro sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blooddrunk and RRF are just different. When you compare them with the earlier work, yes they are bad. But individually they actually are pretty awesome in their own way.

I actually wouldn't say Blooddrunk and RRF are bad. They're both great albums in their own right. Each album focuses on different things. The earlier albums had a fuckload of atmosphere, and when Blooddrunk hit, they decided to go a different way with it. As a guitar player myself, I can vouch for the technicality of the riffing and their different approach towards the atmospheric aspect for the later albums. If anyone actually gives those albums a good listen with an unbiased POV, I'm sure that they can find SOME things they like about the albums. RRF is where it gets proggier and I'm not as into that as I'm into everything else (also because most of the solos aren't as good as I'm used to hearing from Laiho), but SKO, NMF, RTHHAB are definitely solid, solid songs.

So next is rhythm guitars and bass... I can't remember, do they always follow the same order? After the lead guitars, solos, keyboards?...

Who said lead guitars and keys are already done? Their is no typical sequence what to record when, but you always start with drums and end with vocals. And lead guitars come usually after rythm guitars. I have barely seen any band recording leads before rythm

I meant that leads, solos and keys will be done after rhythms and bass...

So what basically can change in the order... keyboards and leads?