COB start writing new album

Old Alexi vocals are shit, you are annoying and please stop bringing the word "immature" in every second post you freak!
Nothing you've ever posted was/is stated as a fact or can be used for general community. Grow up and get a life. Everyone's got other opinions.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!?

I have NEVER heard any postiv about COB during the last two years. All you can do is to tell how much COB sucks.

Alexis voice sucks, it's too immature, COB's keys got no atmosphere, guitar riffs sucks, solos sucks, music is boring, no trees and lakes anymore, not dark enough, no more neo-classical music, keys are too quiet, guitar leads are to quiet, drums are too generic, riffs are randomly put together without any good scheme, this band has better keys, that band has more atmosphere, album colors don't fit, no playing from the heart, lyrics aren't angry and full of hate anymore, too american, not enough news, buuuuhuuuhuuuu

Alexis voice sucks, it's too immature, COB's keys got no atmosphere, guitar riffs sucks, solos sucks, music is boring, no trees and lakes anymore, not dark enough, no more neo-classical music, keys are too quiet, guitar leads are to quiet, drums are too generic, riffs are randomly put together without any good scheme, this band has better keys, that band has more atmosphere, album colors don't fit, no playing from the heart, lyrics aren't angry and full of hate anymore, too american, not enough news, buuuuhuuuhuuuu

You put me into a negative light. I've only given ideas in good will. Why would I give ideas to change something I thought was already perfect? You want me to stop writing, yet you can't resist reading, because you're confused with the sense in my posts that still conflicts with your personal preference.

I'm just pretty passionate and care too much.

You talk about me negatively, and psychologically it only tells about your own self being negative. In your posts such as the one above all I really read is you being negative and crying. It's a weird psychological law of humanity; when people talk good or bad things about other people, they actually talk about themselves. I'm not hating on any person online (unless there's abuse of nature or of innocent people), as I have no need doing so as I love and respect myself. And if I start explaining what I think of other members on this forum I only reveal how I feel atm. So let's stay on topic and not go personal.

Back on topic, I think instead of suddenly radically changing the way Alexi sings it would be easier to change the lyric side. Better lyrical work and lyrical collaboration with the music is a kind of detour for better vocal impression. Unless they feel there is no need for change.

Lyrics don't really matter that much in this kind of music where it's hard to tell what they are saying. As long as the final product sounds good that's all that really matters to me. I only hope that the production is better on the new album. Although I still like them, it was pretty horrid on BD and RRF. Something similar to the production on anything between HB and AYDY would be ideal imo.

To be honest, I think vocals is actually something they can improve on. It's not so much the performance but the writing of it I think. SKO is a pretty good example. The part where it goes "I never thought the tables would turn like this" is powerful and recognizable. The chorus is not so bad, either. The rest of the album is pretty weak, though. Good vocals are rare with COB in general, though. Strangely enough, AYDY has the most songs with vocals you can understand and wanna sing along to. The lyrics sometimes are pretty shit, eg "i don't give a flying fuck motherfucker x5", but at least you know what's going on. I barely know what Alexi is saying 99% of the time, so vocals are just added noise. But when I do and the lyrics are good, it really takes the song to another level. That's why I love Bodom Beach Terror chorus so much.

Well think of Death vocals, they're great just like Alexi at his best, but you can still understand the lyrics. But about lyrics I didn't mean you need to understand the content of the lyrics. It's just the lyrics matter in terms of how good the overall singing is, even if you don't know the words, you can think of it as melody. Sometimes you think this line is epic, I don't know what he's saying but the line sounds great, and you have to play it again and again. And sometimes there's a line or a chorus when you think please stop please stop. Same in the pop world, you have songs that are sang in Portuguese or Greek and nobody understands them but they like the singing. Is there a term that is lyrics and vocals combined?...

Lyrics don't really matter that much in this kind of music where it's hard to tell what they are saying. As long as the final product sounds good that's all that really matters to me. I only hope that the production is better on the new album. Although I still like them, it was pretty horrid on BD and RRF. Something similar to the production on anything between HB and AYDY would be ideal imo.

:OMG:

Listen to the lyrics. It does matter...

Last edited by a moderator:
You put me into a negative light. I've only given ideas in good will. Why would I give ideas to change something I thought was already perfect? You want me to stop writing, yet you can't resist reading, because you're confused with the sense in my posts that still conflicts with your personal preference.

I'm just pretty passionate and care too much.

You talk about me negatively, and psychologically it only tells about your own self being negative. In your posts such as the one above all I really read is you being negative and crying. It's a weird psychological law of humanity; when people talk good or bad things about other people, they actually talk about themselves. I'm not hating on any person online (unless there's abuse of nature or of innocent people), as I have no need doing so as I love and respect myself. And if I start explaining what I think of other members on this forum I only reveal how I feel atm. So let's stay on topic and not go personal.
:zombie::zombie: Ok, this is even too much for me. Great "no u!" answer. From now on I will stop telling you how girly you are and let you do whateve you will do.

Until my next post that is.

Right now I'm eating a delicious green salad with an avocado, orange, basil and apple cider vinegar dressing, a banana in pieces and half an orange, before heading to the dojo, listening to Death - Scream Bloody Gore. And as I listened to Naglfar Vittra earlier today I kept wondering how would COB sound if they really tried black metal. I think Hellhounds On My Trail or Warheart is the closest to that style of music. I have no problem with the pitch of Alexi's vocals in RRF, but I think there's too much pace in lyrics, and the lyrics aren't very thought-out. I hope they try something radical.

Until my next post that is.

Right now I'm eating a delicious green salad with an avocado, orange, basil and apple cider vinegar dressing, a banana in pieces and half an orange, before heading to the dojo, listening to Death - Scream Bloody Gore. And as I listened to Naglfar Vittra earlier today I kept wondering how would COB sound if they really tried black metal. I think Hellhounds On My Trail or Warheart is the closest to that style of music. I have no problem with the pitch of Alexi's vocals in RRF, but I think there's too much pace in lyrics, and the lyrics aren't very thought-out. I hope they try something radical.

Thanks, its much more mature than "Alexi vox sux, old=good new=shit".
You see? You can do it.

In case it's still unclear to some, with the importance of lyrics I stressed more the "flow" or how cool it sounds, instead of whether they talk about lakes or drinking. Yes, it's not just the vocals. Different words put together sound and flow different.

lol u guys:)
Well I surely agree with what Arcane says about u Joonas. I know ur dedicated, but lighten da fck up man :) Ur still here coz u like em/love them coz of something about them that u like. Same here :)

I am lightened up. In fact I have decided this new album can only surprise me positively. Unless they do something completely retarded.

The lack of updates and news kind of conserns me, they should be posting some more facebook stuff or cobtv episode(s). Keeping people excited is the key to album sales. :p Hope they've got rid of that awful management of theirs when they switched lable to NB.

Henkka on Mobile Backstage today:

"Hi guys! So now Alexi started to lay down the first tracks for guitar. If you guys wanna ask him something, post your questions on comments. Deadline this Friday noon Finnish time. I'll try again to go thru all the questions if possible. Thanks!"

Henkka on Mobile Backstage today:

"Hi guys! So now Alexi started to lay down the first tracks for guitar. If you guys wanna ask him something, post your questions on comments. Deadline this Friday noon Finnish time. I'll try again to go thru all the questions if possible. Thanks!"

Just CTRL+V and CTRL+C every Joonas comment in the past 2 years? :D

:lol:

Where do I post a question? What is Mobile Backstage anyway?

I swear I could make some epic questions. But I don't think I'll ever get the chance. Thousands of dudes from facebook will ask things like "why is your guitar purple?", "is the new album like heavy stuff?", but I'll try ask what he thinks about the stuff I have in mind.

I want to ask something like if he'd like to make atmospheric metal again with epic melodies, why not invest to the dark feeling in the music instead of technicality, why he can't sing like he used to over ten years ago, if he wants to lay the Lake/Reaper theme for an album again, why won't he try some epic song structures, would he like to make a certain kind of album...