COB start writing new album

COB are great and I live their music so happy about the new album. I met Alexi at Download though and he was rude and full if it. Don't know why but I thought he would be cool and friendly to his fans.

I heard early this year the album to be released? March? I can't recall who said it or when.

If they use the same amount of recording time as they've done in the past, they'll be done somewhere around probably mid-to-late February. Then master & mix etc + promoting, most likely will be a late May/June/July release date.

Release is May.

I'll also ask what are other songs from the albums COB considered as single, and as openers for the album.

I will ask what he thinks are the good sides of the albums Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder.

Hi! I've been following this forum for a few months now, and finally decided to register. I don't know which direction I'd prefer with the new album since I like both older and newer Bodom. I just hope it will be awesome one way or another.

They've indeed been secretive as fuck, we don't even know where they're recording and if they're going to have a producer or not.

In Soundi 9/12 there's an interview with Roope. The last question, translated.

Interviewer: Allu told me that you will produce the next COB album early 2013 by yourselves, except for Peter Tägtren joining in the vocal sessions again. Has Matt Hyde or any other producer actually influenced the band's sound or arrangements?

Roope: No. This band has got so many producers among ourselves, that there's nothing for an outsider to do except to put up good sounds and push rec button.

Edit. some mistake

someone should ask about /mention Sinergy !

COB are great and I live their music so happy about the new album. I met Alexi at Download though and he was rude and full if it. Don't know why but I thought he would be cool and friendly to his fans.
forget about the new COB album !
if that is really you in the Avatar picture, Your facking Hot :OMG:

In Soundi 9/12 there's an interview with Roope. The last question, translated.

Interviewer: Allu told me that you will produce the next COB album early 2013 by yourselves, except for Peter Tägtren joining in the vocal sessions again. Has Matt Hyde or any other producer actually influenced the band's sound or arrangements?

Roope: No. This band has got so many producers among ourselves, that there's nothing for an outsider to do except to put up good sounds and push rec button.

OK, and nobody simply bothered to fucking tell us.

Anyway, good thing Hyde isn't in, and that Peter is in.

Maybe that's what Roope said, but obviously the producer can come with inputs and opinions that can come and alter the sound minimally on some places. I mean wasn't Spinefarms point when they said CoB should try a producer to get another opinion or something like that?

Joonas: Where did you read it was May?

I mean just look at Bloodrunk, it was released 4months after it was done recorded. RRF was recorded in August and released March next year. And trust me, Nuclear Blast likes their long fucking months of promoting/marketing. I'd expect June more realistically but I'm just happy the earlier it comes, so if it's May that's great news :)

Got many awesome albums coming out Feb/March that you can listen to until then anyway.

Joonas: Where did you read it was May?

When will you guys realise that this is Alexi posting?

I mean look, his name spelled backwards is "Sanooj" which is an Australian Name. There are only 6 letters between the A and the L (like in Alexi) and guess what? Alexi L.(aiho) = 6 letters. Get over it, deal with it, look up to him.

I mean look, his name spelled backwards is "Sanooj" which is an Australian Name. There are only 6 letters between the A and the L (like in Alexi) and guess what? Alexi L.(aiho) = 6 letters. Get over it, deal with it, look up to him.

Fkin Illuminati

Peter himself knows record labels can manipulate a band to make commercial shit. That's why he stopped working for a label in the past and did it on his own. Maybe that's what Bodom is doing now, who knows... Some people think it's just conspiracy theories, but it's not... I think it was over ten years ago, his record label was forcing Hypocrisy to make their music into commercial bullshit. Then I think he recorded his best album The Arrival in his own studio Abyss, where Follow the Reaper was recorded too. How accurately record labels can control the music the bands do is a mystery to me...

You got more of those pills?

Peter himself knows record labels can manipulate a band to make commercial shit. That's why he stopped working for a label in the past and did it on his own. Maybe that's what Bodom is doing now, who knows... Some people think it's just conspiracy theories, but it's not... I think it was over ten years ago, his record label was forcing Hypocrisy to make their music into commercial bullshit. Then I think he recorded his best album The Arrival in his own studio Abyss, where Follow the Reaper was recorded too. How accurately record labels can control the music the bands do is a mystery to me...

I don't understand how anyone in their right mind would conceive ANY of the Hypocrisy albums as any bit commercial sounding. I think it's more of a myth that labels control the music. And to go more OT I think A Taste of Extreme Divinity easily blows away every other album in his discography.

If a label controls the music, the band should go else where. It might happen in some cases, but i dont think its like that with COB. Its gotta be the bands path in association with the label, and NOT the other way around.
Anyway, if the new album is just close to and beyond Relentless its gona be goooooood !

- shut up Joonas, give it a break n think about it....
Let there be at least 6 posts before I hear from u !

lol

:p

Think of Ugly, Northpole, Cry of, and the others. And its even gona be more with everything plus stuff in the new. Mmmm Looking forward to it !

I think they may try verbally to convince an artist to head to some desired direction, but what are they gonna do, the music is a fine art and it becomes shit if you have to think about making a crossbreed between what comes from the heart and what somebody else wants. An artist makes an album, and the record label doesn't think it's commercial enough, then what are they gonna do, throw it to the bin and tell them to make another one or hire someone to make it sound commercial? I don't know how it works either, but just the thought alone that some lame dude tries to mess with your delicate art must be infuriating enough to change labels. Again, I'm not saying this ever happened to COB...