COB start writing new album

damn, listening to this album while drunk, is even more awesome! :hotjump: cheers everyone! :kickass:

Haven't been able to fully digest Waste of Skin yet, I just don't find it to be a very memorable track. My favourite by far is One Bottle and a Knee Deep, something about the vocals in the chorus that just makes me want to go crazy.

Could someone explain to me what Alexi was always talking about when he says that his vocals really improved BBM? I think the song is awesome, I just don't understand what he meant because I don't think the vocals stand out as the dominant part of the song.

Songs would very often sound completely different with vocals/another instrument/whatever added because of additional melody and rhythm, he probably meant that.

After MANY listens, my favourites are:

* Bodom Blue Moon
* Days Are Numbered
* Damaged Beyond Repair (Sinergy, anyone?)
* One Bottle and a Knee Deep (biggest surprise to me for sure, love that melody)

I love this whole album, minus Deadman but even that track has some great moments. CoB's most technical album I would think...

Could someone explain to me what Alexi was always talking about when he says that his vocals really improved BBM? I think the song is awesome, I just don't understand what he meant because I don't think the vocals stand out as the dominant part of the song.

The vocals help create a unique atmosphere in the song, especially for the verses. They have this echo, it's like shouting under a bridge or a corridor or barking at the full moon on a dark night.

The sample before One Bottle and a Knee Deep so refers to Nils Gustafsson...

I don't really like the sample before Transference...

But the one before Halo of Blood is exactly the stuff they need. Congratulations...

Well, it's dark, mythical and perilous, which is what COB is supposed to be. The second sample is like from the failed Silent Hill movie, and the third one is somehow too American. I wouldn't mind a sample between every song, unless there were some creative fusions of songs. There's less of those epic, industrial keyboard intros these times, but the keyboard has a more dynamic and essential supporting role again after RRF. But this is also why you still can't compare All Twisted to Follow the Reaper; it's not that dynamic, All Twisted is a rock'n'roll song if FTR is a melodic metal song, the difference on paper isn't big but there is a difference. The mood is a little different, but many of the songs are echoes from FTR definitely and it's enough to satisfy fans of that album. There's more of that blue keyboard humming under the riffs, there's epicness in the songs on many levels, and the elements are there. Maybe some certain magical, primitive malice and unearthly demonic catchiness that made Hatebreeder and FTR cult albums is more absent, but there's so many moments on this album it keeps you listening on and on in excitement. It's also satisfying the RRF fans, so I think there's two extremes blended together here and it actually works. To me this seems like a crossbreed of FTR and RRF in terms of soundworld, but songwriting is always individual, and definitely more catchy than RRF, still as technical.

It's amazing there are at least 8 great riffs on this album and 9 great melodies, and it's pretty rich otherwise too and doesn't get boring. There's sexual and electric forces at play again. I'd most likely call it my 3rd favourite Bodom album, which is quite satisfying. It's a great return to form and I'd give it 4/5 on Bodom scale.

did anybody notice that Sceam for silence intro is like Only for the weak by Inflames?

Well the rhythm of the intro and especially the drums does sound simillar, but the melody does not sound THAT familiar. But I agree that you can call the two intros somewhat similar, but I think that it sounds more like Eluiveite than IF

Also, Damaged Beyond Repair is still easily my favorite song, there's nothing even close to it. It might be my favorite CoB song ever, and that's not just my early listening hype speaking. Easily best vocal performance on the album together with Halo of Blood, he sounds so damn aggressive, and he's screaming more in a medium pitch almost the entire song, with a few high pitched screams (If I recall correctly Peter told Alexi to not use his high pitched scream so much all the time and thanks for that). The part that starts at 1:20 is just simply perfect.

1:50 on All Twisted is also another favorite part of the album. The song really reminds me of Mask of Sanity on the keyboard parts as well.

There really isn't one weak song on the album, I find all the songs pretty much great. It's just that Transference is so overplayed due to the samples in ALL nb videos and having heard it a bunch of times too, so it has kinda fucked up the song for me, at the moment.

I posted few pages back, but I'll repost the movie quotes:

Waste Of Skin - Twin Peaks, Season One, Episode Two

Scream For Silence - Children of the Corn

All Twisted - Natural Born Killers

And about BBM I think that Alexi meant that vocals after 1:50 part changed the song completely.

I think some people are fooling themselves when comparing The Days Are Numbered with Hatebreeder. There's a couple similar chords, so fucking what? Hatebreeder was wildly creative in the composion of its melodies and riffs to make it sound immensely malevolent and grudge-spilling. It's unthankful and silly to make that comparison. I'm not saying The Days Are Numbered is a bad song, but it isn't another Hatebreeder.

Nuclear Blast office guy bites his nails and smiles for 3-4 weeks waiting for fans' reactions before Halo of Blood release. He scratches his ass and goes "whoops, memory stick in my back pocket", puts it in and figures it contains Track by Track pt 3 which he forgot to put online, and now everybody has the album on their mp3-player so it doesn't matter. It's just a little weird this timeline, to wait for a month to get the last song previews, even if it's for the regular people.

I think some people are fooling themselves when comparing The Days Are Numbered with Hatebreeder. There's a couple similar chords, so fucking what? Hatebreeder was wildly creative in the composion of its melodies and riffs to make it sound immensely malevolent and grudge-spilling. It's unthankful and silly to make that comparison. I'm not saying The Days Are Numbered is a bad song, but it isn't another Hatebreeder.

Not the song, but the style of the album. The intro and that bit at 1:35 especially.

It's so mystical I felt like I was running through a deep Finnish Forest after a light snow on brisk evening where the moonlight reflected a sharp blue in my eyes of of the ice.

'Days' has that dark green along all the song and some keys are total Downfallish, so it has some HB magic. The intro could remember HB song, yes, but that isn't a bad thing, jesus.

Hey Norbix, I too visualize some forests in the song, haha. I like to hear this song while I'm in the car because of the speed. I think it's becoming one of my favourites.

One Bottle And A Knee Deep.

:) I meant the track itself. I'm just listening to it and get the feeling like it should be great but I don't get it at all, like I didn't get Shovel KO intro. The riff made no sense to me.

Not the song, but the style of the album. The intro and that bit at 1:35 especially.

It's so mystical I felt like I was running through a deep Finnish Forest after a light snow on brisk evening where the moonlight reflected a sharp blue in my eyes of of the ice.

Yeah but that little magical bit is so out of place in the song, I'd say.

I completely feel imo this album is a Follow The Reaper Part II. I get that blue sound world. It's exactly if FTR and HCDR had a baby. Perfect blend. This is how I would listen to the albums in my own order:
Something Wild, Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper, Halo of Blood, Hatecrew Deathroll.
This album belongs as one of Bodom's classics, along with SW, HB, and FTR.