COB start writing new album

IMO guitar music is so old that there is no way someone hasn't recorded a riff one has just written;)

dafaq. i know its off topic but i heard new kalmah and in one of their new songs called "The trapper" they ripped off "Roundtrip to hell and back"

They didn't "rip off" anything. These things happen, don't be so silly. And the same with Hollo. Seriously :lol:

dafaq. i know its off topic but i heard new kalmah and in one of their new songs called "The trapper" they ripped off "Roundtrip to hell and back"

i think they ripped off themselves, if we look at kalmah's back catalog they've already used same melody in the song ''the black waltz'' (And she walks her way so treatled Leads away from the bless she´s earned...) even the intro is similar to the intro of black waltz just like 'heroes to us' and 'with terminal intensity'

but it's still kalmah we all love :dopey:

IMO guitar music is so old that there is no way someone hasn't recorded a riff one has just written;)
there's the wisdom for all times that all the riffs you could come up with have already been played by Black Sabbath :D

Now that the album has grown on me i have to say that the best guitar solos (WoS and DMHOY) in my opinion are played by Roope. Needless to say i have and always will be a huge Stone fan.

Now that the album has grown on me i have to say that the best guitar solos (WoS and DMHOY) in my opinion are played by Roope. Needless to say i have and always will be a huge Stone fan.

stone and amorphis are two of my fave finnish bands, you can cleary hear their influence in bands like cob,wintersun and insomnium

Roope's solo on Dead Man was great. WoS is pretty intense and to the point.

However, my favorite solos still belong to Alexi(One Bottle, Dead Man, BBM)

Roope's solo on Dead Man was great. WoS is pretty intense and to the point.

However, my favorite solos still belong to Alexi(One Bottle, Dead Man, BBM)

PREACH IT, SISTER. I'd also add Scream For Silence solos to that as well.

I'm just guessing here:

1st solo in Waste of Skin
1st solo in Halo of Blood
1st solo in Bodom Blue Moon
2nd solo in Dead Man's Hand on You

I think that on WoS the 2nd solo is Roopes by the sound of that tapping, they may also alternate solos on that. It coukd also be that Alexi's giving us his greatest Roope impression :). Didn't consider BBM at all, will have to listen more closely when i have the time. DMHOY 2nd solo is definetely Roope

I'm not 100% sure on BBM, but the first solo on WoS is probably Roope because of the sharper sound(Roope uses brass guitar picks).

I read it "bass guitar picks" first - what in the fuck lol. WoS solo is heavily stone-influenced yes, love it.

I'm just guessing here:

1st solo in Waste of Skin
1st solo in Halo of Blood
1st solo in Bodom Blue Moon
2nd solo in Dead Man's Hand on You

Of course until we either see it live or they say we won't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure it is:

-Waste Of Skin:
They alternate solos: Alexi, Roope, Alexi. The tapping is definitely Alexi.

-Halo Of Blood:
Indeed Roope's the first, "bendy" one, then comes Alexi with the longer one.

-Bodom Blue Moon:
I'm pretty sure it's Alexi all the way.

-Dead Man's Hand On You
Second solo means the one after the keyboard solo? It could be Roope, at least it's not instantly recognizable as Alexi's, but usually the solos are either Alexi and Janne or Alexi and Roope, not the three of them. Could be the first time, but I'm not sure either way.

-One Bottle And A Knee Deep
I could be wrong, and also kicking my own "they never play solos all of them in the same song" theory, but it may also be Roope-Alexi-Janne on the solo section, starting times 2:55-3:02-3:10. They sort of feel like three separate solos and the first one kinda fits Roope's playing style. The middle part I'm sure it's Alexi.

Of course until we either see it live or they say we won't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure it is:

-Waste Of Skin:
They alternate solos: Alexi, Roope, Alexi. The tapping is definitely Alexi.
the second one is Roope's fo sho.

Didn't they all trade solos on If You Want Peace Prepare For War? On that song it sounds like Alexi, Janne, Roope, Alexi.