COB start writing new album

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2013/06/interviews-children-of-bodom

In this interview Alexi says, that originally they wanted to open up for a bigger band in US leg of HoB tour. (Before they got Mayhem fest deal)
It's weird that CoB aren't enough big these days to do a good headlining US tour o_O

It's the vocals that will forever give COB this stigma that prevents them being one of the biggest bands. Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them. But no other vocals would fit COB's music. In a way it's cool to love a band that's hated by most people, but on the other hand it's always annoying to hear senseless critique. But I actually think right now their stage and show is simply so good it can't be hated by anyone, people are just looking with intrigue thinking "oh well that's actually quite interesting". The falsely set, self-deluding prejudice is breakable and possible to turn around when you do shit correctly; people will actually deem with their own eyes and ears and forget for a while the poisonous, negative image of COB portrayed to them by their friends. It's easy to convince people something is good or bad, but it's hard to convince them they were fooled. It's ridicilous but most of the people who have this negative attitude towards COB will be nowhere near their stage when it's on, but from the borders or the stage their brains will register these quickly flashing, positive musical ideas and make them think "huh, wait a minute... that didn't sound bad." Is it enough to change their whole anti-COB belief system, I don't know. As long as they keep getting these big venues I'm happy.

"Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them."

Dude that is such a fucking stupid thing to say. Bodom wouldn't be around if it wasn't for these guys.

The imagery, in addition to their updated sound on Halo of Blood, has shifted into something people can't make fun of so easily. A forum friend of mine from Canada posted this when he got home from the record shop.
Well, today I went to get Halo of Blood. I saw another album I've been wanting to buy since it came out but never got around to buying it. I had some spare cash, so I figured what the hell.

Funny thing that happened when I went to buy it. The sales rep was a little confused when he saw I was buying a Meshuggah and a Children of Bodom album (I guess he was thinking something along the lines of "if you like Meshuggah, then why do you also like 'shitty' CoB?" which seems to be a rather popular way of thinking these days :lol:), and he looked at me in a slightly condescending way and went "... so you're into CoB?" to which I said "hell yeah! It was the band that properly introduced me to metal some 10 years ago." He just kinda chuckled and told me that ever since HCDR he hadn't bothered listening to them anymore because they sucked. I immediately pulled out my phone, searched for the song "Halo of Blood" on YouTube and gave him a pair of headphones to listen to it. The guy's expression of "this shit's epic" was awesome to behold :lol:. He told me he was going to give this album a try. It made me so happy.

On a poll on their facebook page it says Transference is the favourite track of people, followed by WoS.
Sure, it has only been up for 5 minutes, and the 'FB fans' aren't to be taken seriously, but it does surprise me that Transference is the most liked song so far.
https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151486645048737/?qa_ref=qd

This kind of shit annoys me. When it comes down to it, you're all fans equally. Same people buying albums and concert tickets.

The imagery, in addition to their updated sound on Halo of Blood, has shifted into something people can't make fun of so easily. A forum friend of mine from Canada posted this when he got home from the record shop.
cool little story :)

I want to know too. I hope it wasn't canned or anything.

Isn't that the one Jeff Waters guest solo'd on?

Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them

Are you kidding me? Megadeth back in the day (1985-1992) had much better song writing than CoB. Same thing with guitar work, yes Alexi may have a more technical edge than Dave Mustaine, but Alexi is also much more sloppy! Also Rust In Peace has much better solos than any CoB album .Not to mention Marty Friedman > Alexi in pretty much every aspect. Though I do like Alexi's material more personally, just Marty>Alexi IMO.

JUST RECEIVED MY DVD/T-SHIRT PACKAGE. The white shirt is EPIC. Definitely going to be reppin' Bodom as much as possible :D

Are you kidding me? Megadeth back in the day (1985-1992) had much better song writing than CoB. Same thing with guitar work, yes Alexi may have a more technical edge than Dave Mustaine, but Alexi is also much more sloppy! Also Rust In Peace has much better solos than any CoB album .Not to mention Marty Friedman > Alexi in pretty much every aspect. Though I do like Alexi's material more personally, just Marty>Alexi IMO.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the recent material from those three bands have been utter crap.

I think Laiho has Friedman's talent in terms of pure ability but Friedman was just more creative and interesting in his work back in the day. Recent Friedman however...Tornado Of Souls. That being said, I very much enjoy them both as they are just different styles of guitarists!

Megadeth has been pure shit since Rust in Peace. (ok the next two weren't so bad) COB has also that "5 good albums"-dilemma. But as far as for guitar playing Marty is an incredibly musical and unique player, and much less technical than Alexi.
Alexi is also creative and has very good stuff, but you can hear his influences straight from his playing. Marty build up his own stuff.
And I dont know what the fuck happened with Dave Mustaines riffs!? I heard Super Collider and vomited my hopes for good Megadeth.
In 2013 I can say:

COB> Megadeth
Alexi< Marty

I never got that Marty's picking technique... it looks like his wrist is 'ALL TWISTED' (could not resist). But it the end.. it does not matter as he seems comfortable like that. :D

"Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them."

Dude that is such a fucking stupid thing to say. Bodom wouldn't be around if it wasn't for these guys.

Yes and no. They inspired them to pick up their instruments. That's all they did. Any other big band would've done the trick, and it still doesn't mean their music is not below COB's. Sure they all have all time classics, but no album from any of those bands can really stand side by side with Bodom's best work. Sure, Master Of Puppets, Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction or Reign In Blood are great albums, but give me FTR or HCD over any of them any day of the week.

What the fucking what? Megadeth have some classics, cool, but what does that have to do with them having better songwriting? The Trooper is a classic, and the songwriting is boring. Master Of Puppets it's a classic, yet it's mainly 4 riffs repeated over and over again for 8 minutes.
Same aplies to Megadeth. Tornado Of Souls is great, but give me an album that can stand side by side with e.g. FTR and not pale in comparison, as in have no fillers. Nope, there is none.
And don't get me started on the soloing. Marty Friedman is an incredible guitar player, and has done great things (most of them actually outside Megadeth), but the soloing on pretty much any Bodom album is, at the least, level with Megadeth's, be it with Friedman or with Broderick or with whoever you want.

I never got that Marty's picking technique... it looks like his wrist is 'ALL TWISTED' (could not resist). But it the end.. it does not matter as he seems comfortable like that. :D

I never understood it either, I have no idea how he could possibly mute strings or play clean at all but oh well :lol: And after playing all these years to not even hurt his wrist either, I don't get it.

Laiho is better than Marty from a technical standpoint, there's no doubt about that. But, I would say Broderick is still better technically than both. Songwriting wise Alexi is better though so my vote goes for Bodom.

E: Speaking of Megadeth, the new album apparently sucks