controlling dreams

a friend of mine tried to read stuff about this 'lucid dreaming' (if i remember well)... and well the first step he said was to be able to see your own hands in a dream. i wouldn't take that for granted though.

i don't want to be able to control all of my dreams ... but i.e. if i'm dreaming of something very boring i'm able to say: this is boring, let's move on to something else.

this morning i was dreaming for ages that i was removing hair from a wash-bowl-hole. so i just decided to wake up.

lucid dreaming? See Vanilla Sky!

(I think dreams have a function and its fine, I let them work as they want.)

Well, dreams are dealing with memories. The activation of memories is triggered by special events which are similar to those that are associated with these memories...

So, imagine there are memories you can´t reactivate, things that are so important for your life, for your way you see the world and what you are that you want to reactivate them. In dreams it is possible, but dreams are most often "encrypted" in your own unique language. Lucid dreaming gives you the possibility to understand what is going on in your dreams and gives you the chance to see clearly, maybe faces or places...

You can´t control what you are dreaming but the dream and through this the emotions in your dream aren´t controlling you...

strangelight i just seen that picture you posted and u said it was mullingar, u livin in mullingar? i spend a bit of time down in longford meself, not too far from mullingar!!

whats the story with you's, like, do u's play gigs round Ireland at all like? i'm a bit confused....

Yeah I'm in Mullingar. We havent played in Ireland yet. Wanted to play Dublin before the German tour but that festival is on, this weekend actually, that Glenside thing, so everyone will be at that. We're gonna do a strategically(?) planned tour next year so Dublin should be part of that. Maybe a starting point even. What are you doing in Longford anyway? I was there the other week. Bought a book too.