Controversial non-metal opinions

Wasnt aware you could speak for all, so we'll just forget the status quo, it doesnt and never existed. They are a commercial band, no denying that. Then again theres no same old tired formula to any other genres of music or bands either, just a trait only found in the band.... Nickleback... right ? Like I said in the beginning, before some stompy tantrums headed off into the abyss, theres alot worse things than finding some pleasure in a few Nickleback songs.

the reason we dislike nickelback is because the music is utterly generic and bland. there is nothing remotely interesting going in their songs. same freaking chord patterns, same shitty vocals, just shit

I'd agree after The State. At least on The State there wasn't too much similarity (as you're always going to find it in modern rock, but you know what I mean)

:lol: Not even competition, survey ? for the obvious ? offensive truth ? pwnage ? is dat an intraswebz thing ? I know what you mean about my friends taste in other music though... the same ones like some rap and punk. Oh well......

What?

Like I said in the beginning, before some stompy tantrums headed off into the abyss, theres alot worse things than finding some pleasure in a few Nickleback songs.

There's a lot worse things than assuming that everyone who dislikes their music only does so because they are following an internet trend, but that's kinda irrelevant really.

There's a lot worse things than assuming that everyone who dislikes their music only does so because they are following an internet trend, but that's kinda irrelevant really.

You are correct, it is irrelevant, because I was talking about the animosity not musical taste or preference. However Im getting the feeling I have not spent as much time with their music as those that have made such honest evaluations. Im now considering the need to extend my Nickleback libary, so I too can be better informed.

Songs that are completely overplayed in media are hardly ever worth it, even when it's an otherwise good band. Right?

...Well, as much as I like the rest of their catalouge, Radiohead's Creep is pure fucking brilliance. I guess this could be regarded as controversial in a metal forum. I hate most songs of that kind because they never succeed in conveying the mood they attempt to, but Creep is an exception because it actually manages to do so. Which makes it fairly easy to ignore how simple it is.

Here comes a controversial opinion. The song Creep is crap. Seriously, there are no good riffs, basslines, or vocal melodies. I like Radiohead and all but that song just sucks. Its so overrated.

Creep's one of the few Radiohead songs that I actually like, and by far my favorite. Granted someday I assume Radiohead will 'click' with me and they'll become one of my favorite bands. But until then I shall continue to dislike them.

Creep though is brilliant, I'm with cherko. I don't really believe Radiohead when they say things (as opposed to how I'd reacte to lyrics by, say, Kurt Cobain), but Creep is just too spot on for me to deny it. I've been in that exact situation described in the song more times than I can count.

creep's horrible lol

kid a for the win, 'idioteque' is one of my favourite songs ever. and 'life in a glasshouse' on amnesiac isn't far behind

Here comes a controversial opinion. The song Creep is crap. Seriously, there are no good riffs, basslines, or vocal melodies. I like Radiohead and all but that song just sucks. Its so overrated.

I expected this to be the "proper" opinion on a forum like this, which is why I posted mine as controversial.