Controversial non-metal opinions

Its probably already been said, but the Beatles are the most overrated band ever. Their endless praise is just an excuse for plebeians to feel like they are involved in something profound.

And for the eleventy billionth time: Just because they are overrated doesn't mean they didn't have some great material.

There is some awfully good Americana, folk, and bluegrass music out there that people are missing out on because people label it as "country" and roundly dismiss the lot of it.

- Westlife are the best nineties boyband.

- Post rock is overrated and should be called pussy rock.

- Rush is criminally overrated. 2112 is average at best.

- Steven Wilson should have sticked to Pink Floyd worship. The Sky Moves Sideways is by far his best album.

I have a rant about the Metal genre- one band in particular; Limp Bizkit.

I posted a thread entitled 'Limp Bizkit Thread' in the General METAL Discussion forum, however it was moved to this section: Non-METAL.

No offense to you guys that do not listen to Metal music, but it may sound biased but Limp Bizkit is Metal. Fred Durst, no matter how big a douche bag he is was a pioneer in the mid 1990s and helped revolutionize heavy metal. If you look at some of today's rock stars, he is kind of the last remaining of the bunch. You can pretty much put Fred Durst in the same sentence as Ozzy Osbourne, as crazy as it may sound.

That is my controversial opinion about Limp Bizkit being a Metal band. They are categorized in the subgenre of Metal known as Nu-Metal. I would think this specific forum 'Non Metal' would contain music such as Country, Hip Hop, Pop, etc.

Thank you

I just cannot get into Radiohead

They're inconsistent, IMO. To be fair, it's hard to continually change your sound - sometimes radically - and always put out 5* albums, although it is admirable to make the effort nonetheless. But the fanboys that act as if Thom Yorke shits gold are probably going a bit overboard. There are two or three albums I think are great, a couple more very good, and then a couple that I just cannot grasp for the life of me, and not on account of my "not getting it," as if they're the only experimental band I've ever listened to. And even as much of a fan as I am of a couple of their albums, I can easily understand why a lot of people wouldn't like them without being a condescending jackass about it.

I have a rant about the Metal genre- one band in particular; Limp Bizkit.

I posted a thread entitled 'Limp Bizkit Thread' in the General METAL Discussion forum, however it was moved to this section: Non-METAL.

No offense to you guys that do not listen to Metal music, but it may sound biased but Limp Bizkit is Metal. Fred Durst, no matter how big a douche bag he is was a pioneer in the mid 1990s and helped revolutionize heavy metal. If you look at some of today's rock stars, he is kind of the last remaining of the bunch. You can pretty much put Fred Durst in the same sentence as Ozzy Osbourne, as crazy as it may sound.

That is my controversial opinion about Limp Bizkit being a Metal band. They are categorized in the subgenre of Metal known as Nu-Metal. I would think this specific forum 'Non Metal' would contain music such as Country, Hip Hop, Pop, etc.

Thank you

:lol: