• Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
By "weak" I don't mean "worst", I mean with the least amount of outstanding acts. I hear a lot of people talk shit about American metal (especially Americans for some reason), and I guess I want to see if this the status quo. I personally would put about 10 of the counties on this list ahead of America for having a weak-assed metal scene.

Pretty obviously goes to Mongolia or some place with like 3 bands. It would be more interesting to compare relative to population; something like good bands per capita. Of the countries on that list, probably Israel has the fewest outstanding bands.

Why single out Israel? Why not Qatar,Oman, Nauru,Laos, Vanuatu, Malawi, etc, bloody etc.
Pick any obscure country from Africa, Oceania or Asia.

It's a good thing that I'm only half-Jewish(the half that doesn't matter paper-wise,in Israel anyway, i.e. by father), otherwise I would've been offended.

Pretty obviously goes to Mongolia or some place with like 3 bands. It would be more interesting to compare relative to population; something like good bands per capita. Of the countries on that list, probably Israel has the fewest outstanding bands.
Its not education or food and housing study or something that pertains to stuff that's considered globally relevant, so that each country or place is expected to have it. A country like my own, or a distant country still closer to its original roots of culture would score high in terms of metal suckability. But what does that prove? You'd rather want to hear a comparison between places where metal IS big.

Just for the record, I voted for France. I considered the entire history of metal, and this a is a country that really has not made any impact until about 10 - 15 years ago. Sure, there is Gojira and Yrkoon, and some black metal bands, but the French haven't really contributed much over all. I know other countries on the list, like Israel, have even smaller scenes, but the quality of their music is much greater. Melechesh makes up for Israel's lack of quantity. BTW, I should have put Australia or some other country in place of "other", but I started this thread after 3 glasses of scotch, so...

Scenes come and go. You cannot assess a scene history because once great scenes like Norway are now bad, and once nonexistent scenes like France are now at their apex.

Just for the record, I voted for France. I considered the entire history of metal, and this a is a country that really has not made any impact until about 10 - 15 years ago. Sure, there is Gojira and Yrkoon, and some black metal bands, but the French haven't really contributed much over all. I know other countries on the list, like Israel, have even smaller scenes, but the quality of their music is much greater. Melechesh makes up for Israel's lack of quantity. BTW, I should have put Australia or some other country in place of "other", but I started this thread after 3 glasses of scotch, so...

What about the LLN, which started in the late 80s/early 90s? It may not be that great of a scene, but it certainly pertains to the history of metal. And then in the past decade we have Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord, Spektr, Antaeus, Arkhon Infaustus, Kronos, Gorod, Benighted and a variety of other bands that are all, at the very least, releasing quality music.

Its not education or food and housing study or something that pertains to stuff that's considered globally relevant, so that each country or place is expected to have it. A country like my own, or a distant country still closer to its original roots of culture would score high in terms of metal suckability. But what does that prove? You'd rather want to hear a comparison between places where metal IS big.

This post: it sense makes not.

Voted Uk, considering that its where metal was born but this last decade has been extremely disappointing. Underground is full of deathcore, emo, metalcore... which varies massively from average to shite.

Only band I know from Israel is Orphaned Land, but they're awesome.

Oh Reginald... I disagree!

I vote "Other" (Mongolia)

Scenes come and go. You cannot assess a scene history because once great scenes like Norway are now bad, and once nonexistent scenes like France are now at their apex.
This.

As far as recent scenes go I'd put France well above the USA.

As far as countries with a large Metal scene I would say Germany. For a country with probably the second largest amount of bands, they seem to have the most amount of lame bands. They seem to have huge amounts of lame bands in every genre related to Metal.

As far as countries with few Metal bands, I would probably go with Republic of the Congo. According to Metalarchives they only have one Brutal Death Metal band, with one EP out.

As far as countries with a large Metal scene I would say Germany. For a country with probably the second largest amount of bands, they seem to have the most amount of lame bands. They seem to have huge amounts of lame bands in every genre related to Metal.

As far as countries with few Metal bands, I would probably go with Republic of the Congo. According to Metalarchives they only have one Brutal Death Metal band, with one EP out.

Is it just me, or does it seem like in every country that only has a handful of bands most tend to be brutal death?

Status
Not open for further replies.