Crap posts lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalAges said:
Let's see your list, I'm always open for (constructive) criticism. (oh boy this should get another 200 posts out of this thread!)

You changed the tag under the Self-Promotion forum to read "Promote your stuff here" instead of "Promote your shit here."

:tickled:

Actually, besides the search function restoration, all I want is the Arch Enemy reference (on the homepage) taken down, and "Designed to work best in Mozilla Firebird" amended.

:wave:

Hehe, I did! I changed that because I want to start using Google AdWords and they have terms against excessive profanity. I figured I can't do much about the forums themselves if they decide to look (talk about a censoring backlash!) but at least could get rid of that on the main page! Haha.

I'll check out those other couple things. I still want to get a full blown non-forum based E-zine rocking, so I haven't done much with the main splash page.

so does that mean you would not host a band forum for band called FUCK SHIT COCK PENIS because that would put profanity on the forum index?

Erik said:
so does that mean you would not host a band forum for band called FUCK SHIT COCK PENIS because that would put profanity on the forum index?

Well if they paid me money, that's what it is all about. I would be a hypocrite then and only then.

(ok not really)

Melodeath said:
I've never been to a forum where criticising a mod or an admin didn't result in instant perma ban.

It's happened here, but, BUT, it took a LOT of going way over the line for me to do it. Hell ask DE how many times it took for him to finally get the axe, err, I mean Ifurin.

Oh, and I will be perfectly happy with the new administration as long as the search function is reimplemented, which it's going to be, so I'm happy. I don't care otherwise, as both admins seem to be cool people.

Haha, what security exploitation did he do?
MetalAges said:
It's happened here, but, BUT, it took a LOT of going way over the line for me to do it. Hell ask DE how many times it took for him to finally get the axe, err, I mean Ifurin.
Well, yeah. Going too far with anyone results in a ban, let alone a mod or admin. Usually the tiniest bit of criticism to an admin results in banning.

I've also never been to a forum where they let the guy they banned come back under a different name.
(Ok, Erik EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE)

Melodeath said:
Haha, what security exploitation did he do?

I think he got the database password when the site was down or something to that effect.

I've also never been to a forum where they let the guy they banned come back under a different name.
(Ok, Erik EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE)

They do it on M-A pretty frequently. Did it with me.

For the record, I think Deron's doing a great job; I still visit (although I only post in Maiden Downunder), and I can't wait to be involved in the site again.

And for the record, a select few arsholes here on UM were the precise reason I sold the place. Just for the record like :p

Love ya guys! :D

Two years ago this board was completely and utterly terrible, filled to the brim with the type of people who're these days smashed to bits by the regulars. It's been better than this, but not that long ago.

Two years ago is when I joined, and it was really shit-tastic. And I was part of the Shit-tastrophy.

The posts as of late have been horrible. There hasn't been a thread with a high degree of substance or intrigue in quite some time. On the other hand the flaming has been top notch. Of course having complete and utter retards like The Greys (who I still have to hope is only pretending to be that stupid) makes it a lot easier. This thread, however is fucking hillarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.