Crap posts lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalAges said:
By the way, I am most awaiting Erik's, GoD's and Ifurin's reaming.
no dude, peace love and understanding all the way, i dont give enough of a shit to continue this

PS bring back the search feature or the kitty gets it

EDIT: ps deron do you remember this? fun times eh? :lol:

deron1vd.gif

Thanatopsis123 said:
Hott. Don't forget to post the log.

sorry it wasn't very detailed but I was hungry and so went for a pre-dinner sleeprape quickie

MetalAges said:
I love posts like this. Not that I am going to cry at what your answer will be, but I would love to hear what I do so different than Mark did besides moderating more. Seeing as I talk to Mark all the time (still do, he's my friggin design partner!), we were both pretty much the same when it came to the goals of the site and what we wanted it to be. Hell, he wouldn't have handed it over if that were not the case. He just got to a point where he got tired of dealing with all the a-holes that can make running a site like this fun to enjoy and run, so he stopped working it. It takes a load of work to make everyone happy, and of course you can NEVER make EVERYone happy, so you just do what you think will fall in between somewhere as best as possible.

Let's see your list, I'm always open for (constructive) criticism. (oh boy this should get another 200 posts out of this thread!)

1. I doubt he stopped running it because of all the arseholes since he never really had a problem with flamewars and generally left them to resolve themselves. There was a hatepit and not that many flamewars happened elsewhere (except the odd forum invasion and the really really big forums). He was cool with it whereas you're a whiney tard about it.

2. He didn't send GAY PMs to people who'd posted something mildly controversial and he didn't delete posts and ban users for doing jack piddly squat.

3. He was an all round cool guy and good poster whereas you're an annoying and mildly stupid poster as well as a christian censoring a fucking metal message board on the internet.

MasterOLightning said:
I wish AWMM, or whatever he changed his name to, would come back. His flaming was amusing.

I'm still here lurking in the shadows of my own self-indulgence. (Oh wait, that's the description of Krigloch and a bowl of ice cream) There hasn't been any winds of witlessness blowing strong enough from these forums since Grimarse took a leave of absence, for me to peak my head. Without his ninjamoshing ass to heckle, I grew forlorn. Going the way of the mute was the only way for me to cope.

Petition to give GoD ownership of UM:

1. GoD
2. Dodens Grav

:( Goddamnit...the lesser of two evils

Gallantry over Docility said:
Negroes are so thuggish. :( Wish they'd go home.

fuck you too, I never even said anything to you. Plus no one has called black people negroes since the sixties so what the fuck is your deal.

Int said:
1. I doubt he stopped running it because of all the arseholes since he never really had a problem with flamewars and generally left them to resolve themselves. There was a hatepit and not that many flamewars happened elsewhere (except the odd forum invasion and the really really big forums). He was cool with it whereas you're a whiney tard about it.

I'm telling you flat out that is the reason. Fact. The hatepit was done away with as I recall, and it wasn't me that did it (although I'm not one to bring it back either). Whiney Tard = Keeping for forum "cool" for most as opposed to "cool" for a handful, guilty as charged. Besides I could label quite a few "whiney tards" in my book that use this site as well. That's life.

2. He didn't send GAY PMs to people who'd posted something mildly controversial and he didn't delete posts and ban users for doing jack piddly squat.

Post an example and I'll tell you why they were PM'd or banned. Mark did plenty of deleting/banning he just didn't feel the need to justify it to people after the fact. I don't mind telling people why if/when they ask. More than likely they were trolling, using a particular forum as their personal little playground, or trying to be "cool" using stuff in their sigs that they never would anyhow except to annoy people with.

3. He was an all round cool guy and good poster whereas you're an annoying and mildly stupid poster as well as a christian censoring a fucking metal message board on the internet.

I find you annoying as well but you don't see me banning you or yapping about it (except now). I could make a list of a ton of people who fit that friggin list. Christian censoring, I love it! For the most part a crock, but I love it none the less.

I yawn in your face after eating garlic mayonnaise and cheese. You're saying stuff as if I registered earlier on this afternoon. You're talking out of your arse a fair amount.

"u find me annoying well i find u annoying" yeh great, except that most people find you annoying for poking your nose in minor conflicts and generally being a gay gay.

That was a lame reply. I know you've been around here a while, as have I, I'm not discounting that. I got looks from Mark into behind the scenes crap he had to deal with before I even took over the site. I got to hear him vent and would laugh about it to him. You just have to shake your head some times at what someone thinks they can come on here and feel that all users of the board are cool with reading/seeing. I know what he hated about this site (at least what it evolved to in many areas) and what the "issues" that made him sick of running the site are. Why do you think he doesn't post here any more? He got sick of it and hell, sick of Metal music because of it! While not trying to go TOO far with changes, I addressed and try to keep things on track instead of becoming something it was never intended to be. If that ticks off ten people but keeps however many other thousands happy, that says something in itself. The fact that I am more vocal about things than Mark was, can't help that. I love the site, love using it, love talking Metal and chatting with people here.

You ever feel like posting examples where I poked my nose in on something that I shouldn't have, feel free to post about it. I'll happily explain why I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.