DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide

Whatever discussions about his personal life, beliefs/faiths...He was a fantastic vocalist and songwriter and deserves recognition for that. Anything else really isnt valid unless you know the guy personally and then you couldve had the full truth. Too save epic burns etc, closing the thread may be wise samsara unless the guy is gunna be remembered as how he shoudl be from a fans point of view. rather than dicussing beliefs.

Alcapoth said:
Ah fuck, this sucks. I was very, VERY shocked when I found out about this. o_O I still can't seem to get over it...

In any case, save for Reinkaos, The Somberlain is one of the most kick-ass black metal releases...ever! Storm of the Light's Bane isn't too far off, either - another brilliant record! At least Jon will forever be remembered for these twpo masterpieces.

:worship: Regardless of some of the comments, bow down and respect this guy for bringing out some of the most brutal tunes out there. You know Dissection in the early 90's ruled all.

RIP, Jon.

you are a fucking clown. he killed an innocent person, the fact that he wrote "kewl harmonized riffs dood" doesnt redeem him...

god i FUCKING HATE metalheads what HELL is wrong with you people?!?! jesus tap dancing christ.

I disagree, your part of the society these narrow minded fools walk freely around in, it's totally your business.

By the way, I'm reffering to the modernised western world over all rather that simply Scandanavia.

affinityband said:
true doesnt validate him, but really isnt our buisness. But i dont really know him for anything else but things i hear on the record. So i dont think of him as much else.

it IS your business. as long as socially degenerate metal fuckwits are roaming the streets murdering innocent people because they got bored running around in the forest acting like trolls that night, then its everyone's business.

Until ive spoken to him personally(never goin to happen obviously) i have no reason to think of him as anything other than what i hear on the albums. Id rather not think of anything different. Only, that i hope he was ashamed of what he did.

NineFeetUnderground said:
twitchy? im pretty collected. i just CANNOT put up with such pre-pubescent ignorant horseshit statements like Alcapoth made, thats where i draw the line.

Twitchy is not the antonym of collected. Bare in mind I did say "slightly more twicthy" in comparison to myself, which is still pretty damn twitchy. Perhaps it's with being slightly older and more set in you ways, who knows? Not I.

Eitherway I agree, with the assesment of Jon.

NineFeetUnderground said:
twitchy? im pretty collected. i just CANNOT put up with such pre-pubescent ignorant horseshit statements like Alcapoth made, thats where i draw the line.

Touche.

Twitchy is not the antonym of collected. Bare in mind I did say "slightly more twicthy" in comparison to myself, which is still pretty damn twitchy. Perhaps it's with being slightly older and more set in your ways, who knows? Not I.

Eitherway I agree, with the assesment of Jon.

I'm just here to show my respect of Jon. He opened my eyes to the metal scene back in the old days. I can't say that I am surprised about this, but it's sad anyway. The world has lost another great musician. Life is a precious thing. Take care of it.

belgarath68 said:
Umm...I don't want to keep bringing up the same point over and over again, but didn't he kill someone? He obviously didn't live by this message.
was basically going to say that but figured there wasn't much of a use

Ethelion said:
I'm just here to show my respect of Jon. He opened my eyes to the metal scene back in the old days. I can't say that I am surprised about this, but it's sad anyway. The world has lost another great musician. Life is a precious thing. Take care of it.

his work will not be important or remembered outside of the caveman metal scene. the innocent life he took > any effect he had on listeners. sorry.