Do your parents like Bodom?

Well.. "STOP THAT NOISE AND COME HAVE DINNER RIGHT NOW!".. and that's it.. No, they don't like COB..
Yet, I remember once my dad told me "oh that's cool" and when voice started he siad: "oh no that's not cool".. but I can't remember if that was COB or Dimmu Borgir.
And my mom, coming into my bedroom for whatever reason..: "How can you listen to it 24/7? It sounds like noise with someone throwing up!" ^^

Hmm my parents must be weird then. My dad says he will listen to anything but can't stand CoB and metal XD my mum however was the one who showed me norther and she likes CoB... XD random much?

No freaking way!
Everytime I play CoB all I hear from my parents is "TURN OFF THAT HORRIBLE NOISE RIGHT NOW!!"
I find it funny though, she has no clue. She's always playing Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Kylie Minogue, Backstreet Boys and other fucking nasty stuff like that!

I can without problems hear what he's singing.

@rebornfortheHateCrew: I agree, Alexi is easy to understand; a lot easier than deathgrind acts like CC; though I can usually understand them too.

That's funny, I can't understand shit, usually, and I can honestly say I listen to bodom 6 days a week for the last 3 or 4 years. It's gotton easier to understand some things, but most of the time it's all garbled. x_x

My dad likes the Rebel Yell and Britney Spears covers, and he likes the Ghost Riders In The Sky cover a lot. My mom hasn't heard it, though. My aunt says she likes them a lot, but I think that's just 'cause she wants to be cool. XP

As many people they already said, my mom's, just loves intrumental part, not his voice,
she said : he has the devil in his mouth.

Sorry for my english :erk:

I am a parent (aged 47) and I like Children of Bodom a lot (I've got all their albums and listen to COB almost every day). My two children like them as well, especially my daughter who even wears COB-clothes and stuff and plays their music at school (when allowed). My wife does not like COB at all, however...

I'm still trying hard to make them know more about cob,but it's really hard for them when i turn my sound box on:cry:

I'm still trying hard to make them know more about cob,but it's really hard for them when i turn my sound box on:cry:

Find the albums - FULL VOLUME - open the door - say to your dad 'this is what I call music' - ignore the lame comment from your dad - and at least, play their music often.

That was how I did it.. Maybe it doesn't work with your parents.
But mom fell asleep yesterday while we were listening to Bodom :)

Good luck :rofl: I hope it works ...someday.

I always tried to listen when having my room closed with 3 doors, didn't help. Only now they're maybe beginning to understand it wasn't just a "period" that all 14 year olds have.

I love COB, but knowing what my parents listen to, my dad might like it, but my mother should be like "wtf :eek:" :(. I only listen to them on my mp3, or when I'm out with friends =D.

Find the albums - FULL VOLUME - open the door - say to your dad 'this is what I call music' - ignore the lame comment from your dad - and at least, play their music often.

That was how I did it.. Maybe it doesn't work with your parents.
But mom fell asleep yesterday while we were listening to Bodom :)

Good luck :rofl: I hope it works ...someday.

Good idea !
there must be someday:headbang:

My father likes CoB, especially Alexi's and Roope's guitar playing since he is a guitarist himself, but my mother doesn't particularly like it. She has however began to endure it, so she doesn't get annoyed anymore when I listen to CoB or some other metal music loud.

But when I was listening to Needled 24/7 at my grandparents house in the kitchen, my grandfather (who's hearing isn't the best) came to the room and asked: "Who put the dishwasher on?"