Do your parents like Bodom?

only song my dad liked was.. replica from SA ... until he saw it live LOL
and we were kinda drunk anyways.. cob ftw

My dad is actually a big fan of metal (was into bands like Black Sabbath back in the day), but most bands that use screeching vocals don't appeal to him. He enjoys growling like in Cannibal Corpse, but he can't really get into Children of Bodom much. He enjoys their live album a bit, however.

My mom, on the other hand...she doesn't really actively listen to much music. She tolerates my music, but she doesn't like it.

to be hornest with u my i bet my parents doesnt know what im listening but they always asking me what kind of band is on my t-shirts.....
i have 17 diffirent t-shirts of COB + other my favbands like Cradle...

@Celeb: I think it's easier for a metalhead to tolerate some Franz Ferdinand and Pop stuff than for non-metalheads to tolerate CoB. Maybe it seems to be unfair to you and you hate this Pop stuff but it's quite normal.

@topic: My parents are both active christians (reverent and church musican). I think my dad doesn't really care what i'm listening to. he asked me twice whether the reaper on the CRY shirt lives in a town called "boton". As a piano, organ and 20-year guitar player my mum likes that i'm playin guitar. even if it's some metal stuff. Sometimes I show hear some of Alexis Live soloing and I think she likes the skills in it not the solo itself. The only thing she really hates about metal is the black clothing.

My dad is full on christian and doesn't really listen to music much, infact he lives by himself and he hates loud noise (Like partys, cars, music and all that) but I guess he's in his 50's and he's sick. I respect him and use headphones when he's around lol.

My mum actually likes some metal, just not much of the stuff with screaming. She really likes Blind Guardian, so I always have them playing loudly cause she loves Hansi's voice.

Hi. I'm new in this forum.
Well, my parents hate my music, they're always saying that i listen to noise and i don't let my neighbours sleep! they don't care if my music is nice or not :rofl:

My mom can't stand this "headbanging crap." However, my father likes a bit of black metal, not much of a Bodom fan, though. Haha.

My friend's mom, who we've lovingly dubbed "metal mom" loves Bodom. She's an artist and has done one or two portraits of Alexi. Haha.

My mom can't stand this "headbanging crap." However, my father likes a bit of black metal, not much of a Bodom fan, though. Haha.

My friend's mom, who we've lovingly dubbed "metal mom" loves Bodom. She's an artist and has done one or two portraits of Alexi. Haha.
I'm curious- define what's "black metal" to you/your dad. Too much unworthy shit today gets thrown into that category.

most of the time i cant hear what alexi is saying,the only songs i know,and can hear are needled 24/7 and silent night bodom night,most of the time i just mimic the screams,like my dads always like,how can you listen to that,i just say there really skilled and thats why i love cob,then i just love the whole screaming factor,i hate bands that are hardcore and fast like dragonforce with some gay fucking boy band vocals

I don't know if my parents like CoB. They aren't into metal but they don't mind it. But as long as I can listen to CoB I don't really care if my parents like them

my walked in one day while i was listening to needled 24/7 and he just shook his head, he said it that they werent talented musicians, so i said **** you there awsome and he left.