Do your parents like Bodom?

I present the Babes of Bodom

Alexiinatutu.png

My mom thinks their music is OK, but she can't stand Alexi's vocals... And my dad doesn't like them at all. But I don't actually care - it's bad enough that my mum loves Nightwish...

BUT, my brother likes Bodom a lot, which is nice. When I'm listening to COB he always comes and asks "Since whend did you start to like COB???" or something like that. Everytime he must ask that!! I think it's because I don't look like a "metal girl" at all...

(slovak radio stations are like this: whole week each day the same shit songs)
Same thing here, mate! Radio Nova, NRJ... Same stupid (s)hit songs every single day, many times a day! Ugh... That's why I prefer my iPod...

My Mom pretty much hates about all the music I listen to, but she seems to tolerate it when she comes down. Shit, she doesn't come down much... I remember playing some "Stream of Passion" for her though & she really liked it.

:heh:my dad says that distortion fucks up the music and that the growling and screaming are shit,and that an electric guitar player will never overcome a classical guitar one(I've tried everything:Steve vai,Paul Gilbert,John Petrucci,Joe Satriani,G3 alltogether,Dream Theater,...impossible.the only thing he more or less liked was the Vivaldi's Summer cover Roope and Alexi did in passage to the reaper,and because it's classical shit),which is not difficult to understan when the ''hardest'' music he listens to is Dire Straits(which I DO like a lot too,LOL) and country music.my mom just says that the ''deep an distorted'' sounds and the harash and gutural vocals make her feel pain in the stomach,LOL.about me they always call me things like ''man in black'',''the black one'' or ''dr death''(this last one because all shirt's I own are 2 bodom's with the reaper,Death's Leprosy,the Shovel Headed Kill Machine one from Exodus and the Vulgar Display Of Power from Pantera).I just don't give a fuck,they're just boring there and that's it,:heh::lol:

My dad likes Dream Theater, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, etc. I showed him Bodom because he can take the death growl but he didn't like it. Alexi was too screechy for him. :/

I force my dad to listen to all death metal.
He likes the music, not so much the vocals.