EARTH CRISIS

Just got this in the mail. Bought it off Amazon used for like 35 cents. Dammit Andy. The guy was way ahead of his time. That was 14 years ago and it sounds better than 95% of today's metal records. What a legend Sneap is!

Agreed :)

The ExC albums after that all have great to badass production btw, and sound very different (in terms of production) each time (so does the music) : Steve Evetts, Tue Madsen, Zeuss...

I think Andy's work on Breed The Killers is perfect.

One question for Mr Sneap : was this album tracked to a click track ? If so, all the songs or only some of them or some parts ?

Considering it's a Sneap job and the music on this album is pretty straight-forward and not crazy technical, I'd say it was all tracked to a click, and the latter seemed mainly constant within songs (i.e : only 1 tempo per song).

But the thing is : i'm jamming and even attempting to do covers of the opening song "end begins" (http://www.deezer.com/track/69085638), and i can't seem to find the right (unique) tempo (even when adjusting up to -0,5/ +0,5 BPM and making sure my clic falls on the first beat when listening to the song) for the song.

A friend of mine did a custom made tempo track for me for this song and cubase, and it sounds quite spot-on, but when i consider/look at it (screenshot : http://www.dropbox.com/s/6kv20l4b31j69rt/EarthCrisisTempoMapCubase.jpg) it doesn't make sense that a band could have a such a tempo map to track to to begin with, and i come to the conclusion that it might have been tracked with no click...

why not? i'm pretty sure there are many bands that change the tempo like that, there are threads about it in here.

why not? i'm pretty sure there are many bands that change the tempo like that, there are threads about it in here.

A slight tempo change every 3rd measure (even in a section that lasts for 10 measures or so) is something that sounds surprising to me...

Something this "erratic" screams "human/no click" and not "click track" to me.

But maybe i'm clueless and that's why i'd like to know from the master itself :)