NAPALM DEATH

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Breed To Breathe / Inside The Torn Apart

napalm_breed.jpg
napalm_inside.jpg

Holy shit. I bought Inside the day that it was released in the U.S., and until right now I always thought that C.R. mixed it. Easily one of the most crushing productions, EVER. It sounds great. Diatribes and this one are my favs from ND by far.

Yeah, but what does that mean actually? Isn't the mix engineer the guy who operates PT while the producer (Colin) gives instruction? I don't know... Cause on the discography part of Andy's web site it clearly states E for Engineer, and not M for Mix... We'll have to wait for Andy to clarify it himself (unless Colin passes by).

Yeah, but what does that mean actually? Isn't the mix engineer the guy who operates PT while the producer (Colin) gives instruction? I don't know... Cause on the discography part of Andy's web site it clearly states E for Engineer, and not M for Mix... We'll have to wait for Andy to clarify it himself (unless Colin passes by).

I always hated that "mix engineer" term, because it kinda leaves the question of who did what. It's more common in the rap world to hear/see that, Eminem is a great example. His records say "Mixed by Eminem", and "Mix Engineer So and So". But everyone knows that Eminem doesn't know jack shit about mixing - especially operating a SSL. I don't even see how it's even possible for someone to instruct another guy on how to mix.

I'm thinking that this record was done on 2", too...?

p.s. Just for the record, I don't own any Eminem cd's.

I haven't listened to Inside The Torn Apart in ages.

Damn those guitars are so juicy I nearly creamed my pants.

Rectos? Also doesn't sound like V30's.

For me a unique record. Mega sound fresh air, a wonderful mix. Something amazing. One of the most important references for me.