ghost reveries is a weak album?

I enjoyed it alot more than Morningrise. But Morningrise is a hard album to get into.. so.. I don't know. But overall, I prefer the new sound over anything Pre- My Arms, Your Hearse era.

Slayer101 said:
I totally agree with you on that, I mean if you listen to it long enough it kind of grows on you. But it is definatly one of their worst albums. If GR was the first Opeth album that I heard I would be totally turned off, and probably never listen to them again.

Sorry, but that had to be said.
Agreed.

To me Morningrise is their best album, except for Blackwater Park, but it was the first opeth album that I got so it's kind of special to me. I got into it the first time I listened to it.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
I enjoyed it alot more than Morningrise. But Morningrise is a hard album to get into.. so.. I don't know. But overall, I prefer the new sound over anything Pre- My Arms, Your Hearse era.

Hmmm ... no. You lose.

What the hell does age have to do with it? People on this forum (who obviously are some of Opeths biggest fans and therefore a good representation of Opeth fans everywhere) favor MAYH/SL/BWP.

Based on some of the crap I read on here from 18 year olds - many of whom can't even string a sentence together - I'm reluctant to respect their opinions.

Now, although the three albums you mentioned are all lovely in their own special way, Morningrise is by far their most original, most interesting and most authentic work.

These days Opeth are bordering on generic and that is why I'm starting to cringe when people ask me my thoughts on them.

EVH316 said:
Based on some of the crap I read on here from 18 year olds - many of whom can't even string a sentence together - I'm reluctant to respect their opinions.

Now, although the three albums you mentioned are all lovely in their own special way, Morningrise is by far their most original, most interesting and most authentic work.

These days Opeth are bordering on generic and that is why I'm starting to cringe when people ask me my thoughts on them.
Respecting their opinions or not, it's fact.

But I understand your point, and I agree with you.

Slayer101 said:
But it just doesn't make sense Morningrise is much better than any of those, except BWP.
Did you make a typo... are you saying Morning is or ISNT better than SL and MAYH?

This is really depressing to read.

Of course, I can agree that the album aren't as hard as, say, MAYH, but who cares?
It's still pretty hard and filled with deep death voxx! I think its great they focus more
on the progressive and dark beautiful sounds!

EVH316 said:

You're kidding, right?

EVH316 said:

generic? interesting description :erk: