GMD Poll: Darkthrone's Discography Ranked

I was making fun of you for using Manilla Road as an example of being open-minded. Everyone here has heard them, so it isn't a surprise that you have too.

It doesn't matter what specific metal subgenre is involved, but I typically ignore the opinions of anyone who only listens to one variety of metal.

My opinions on anything besides death metal are basically null and void, as I have basically no knowledge or developed tastes in anything otherwise. So yeah, me saying that everything else Darkthrone did besides SJ is basically a worthless opinion.

Not really. I mean, I can dig on other stuff that's considered metal, like shit I grew up with, Slayer, Type O, Sabbath, whatever. But it's never going to be anything I would go so far as considering myself a fan or spending money on it. I used to like everything, when I was like 17, when I was still angsty and trying to be what the internet told me a "real metalhead" did and trying to listen to all varieties of metal. Then one day I woke up and was like "literally all of this besides death metal is garbage and I'm just listening to it because some cringey idiots on the internet told me I should like it" and never looked back. I try hearing other metal genres every now and then and none of it sticks.

TL;DR no.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to derail this discussion on account of my shitty, narrow tastes.

Reactions: CiG
1 - A Blaze in the Northern Sky (1992)
2 - Transilvanian Hunger (1994)
3 - Under a Funeral Moon (1993)
4 - F.O.A.D. (2007)
5 - The Underground Resistance (2013)
6 - Dark Thrones and Black Flags (2008)
7 - Circle the Wagons (2010)
8 - Soulside Journey (1991)
8 - Panzerfaust (1995)
10 - Arctic Thunder (2016)

Not a single bad album up there imo

Probably will be a controversial list.

1. A Blaze in the Northern Sky
2. The Underground Resistance
3. F.O.A.D
4. Transilvanian Hunger
5. Under a Funeral Moon
6. Soulside Journey
7. Circle the Wagons
8. Panzerfaust
9. Dark Thrones and Black Flags
10. Arctic Thunder
11. Goatlord
12. Total Death
13. Hate Them
14. Ravishing Grimness
15. Sardonic Wrath
16. Plaguewielder
17. The Cult is Alive

Dont like it, fuck off and die!

Last edited:
Yeah, if we don’t get 10 votes, I’m not planning to calculate the results, or do the next polls. My reasoning is less too few votes allows an outlier to really change the results. Right now, we have 5 votes. I’m definitely voting, but at least 4 more people need to vote for me to take the time to calculate the results and create the posts.

1. Under a Funeral Moon
2. Panzerfaust
3. A Blaze in the Northern Sky
4. Transilvanian Hunger
5. The Underground Resistance
6. Soulside Journey
7. Goatlord
8. Arctic Thunder
9. FOAD
10. Sardonic Wrath
11. Hate Them
12. Dark Thrones and Black Flags