GMD Poll: Judas Priest’s Discography Ranked

How are Last Rose of Summer's lyrics tacky? They're probably among the least tasteless in their entire discography. The vocal delivery is perfect too, that last lyric gets the sappiest but then he ups the intensity and throws in a bit of wordplay with the "So that when winter's mettle steals the earth / And all around seems dead and cold" which is heavy as fuck for a brief climax before the song retires into a pleasant bliss. I agree that the sort of country folk(? or something) melodies are initially very off-putting, but once you get over your prejudices it's a really moving song.

And lmao, Before the Dawn is its inferior in every respect other than repetition.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
OK reread the lyrics without the music and take that part back. In isolation, they're not bad. It's the delivery that makes them feel tacky. The melodies reek of psychedelia taken to the AM and the vocals are cloy and saccharine. It's just a bad song

Before the Dawn is cheesy too, but in an way that effectively gets its melodramatic mood across.

Sin After Sin isn't just good enough. It's far worse than Sad Wings of Destiny, Killing Machine or Stained Class. Yeah, maybe I've exaggerated a bit, Rocka Rolla may be inferior to SAF.

is the rest of their discography so bad that a piece of shit record like Rocka Rolla is making people lists? Run of the Mill is a 5 star track, Caviar and Meths is okay, and the rest of the album is just garbage.

Never Satisfied and Dying to Meet You are great songs m8

Obviously "Run of the Mill" is masterful but I also love "Cheater." The title track is solid too. The Winter trio are a little messy and the other tracks are decent, but nothing special. Overall, a good, not great album. It's certainly not bad.