GMD Poll: Judas Priest’s Discography Ranked

Haha, yeah, ridiculous. Still, the album has some good tracks like the obvious pick Heading Out to the Highway, Hot Rockin' and my personal fav, Desert Plains. Troubleshooter is also good and many people seem to like Solar Angels but that song doesn't really draw my attention that much.

British steel has like half of my favorite JP songs on one album, tracks 1,2,6,8. The others are all scattered around, Painkiller, Electric Eye, victim of changes, exciter. Outside of their hits the bands never fully grabbed me, they lack the kind of depth I look for. Not super heavy or progressive. Good for a singable radio tune now and then. Defenders of the faith the song is p cool.

1) Sad Wings of Destiny
2) Stained Class
3) Sin After Sin
4) Hell Bent for Leather
5) Screaming for Vengeance
6) Point of Entry
7) Defenders of the Faith
8) British Steel
9) Rocka Rolla
10) Turbo
11) Painkiller
12) Ram it Down
13) Redeemer of Souls
14) Nostradamus
15) Angel of Retribution
16) Demolition
17) Jugulator

This is not a finalized list. I will edit this later. I just wanted to type it out to get a record. I'm pretty confident on this list but I definitely need to relisten to the last 7 albums before I make my final list.

The first two are the same in my case. However I won't participate because I haven't heard some of the new albums. I don't think I plan to.

On the positive side, British Steel is stronger than I remember. It's not the masterpiece that the mainstream media makes it out to be, but every song is at least solid, there are a number of legit classics, and there's a lot of fresh ideas on it.

100% agree with this. I was surprised how strong it was when I listened to it again. Definitely went up in value for me

1. Sad Wings of Destiny
  2. British Steel
  3. Stained Class
  4. Sin After Sin
  5. Screaming for Vengeance
  6. Defenders of the Faith
  7. Hell Bent for Leather
  8. Painkiller
  9. Rocka Rolla
No thx to the rest

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque
1. Rocka Rolla
2. Killing Machine
3. Sin After Sin
4. Painkiller
5. Stained Class
6. Sad Wings of Destiny
7. Nostradamus
8. British Steel
9. Defenders of the Faith
10. Redeemer of Souls
11. Demolition
12. Screaming for Vengeance
13. Angel of Retribution
14. Point of Entry
15. Turbo
16. Ram It Down
17. Jugulator

I hadn't heard 7 of the bottom 8 before so wasn't missing much. Had to relisten to them all anyway. Rocka Rolla is my kinda thing in a big way. Knew Nostradamus quite well and never had a problem with it - nothing on it makes me cringe.

1) Sad Wings of Destiny
2) Stained Class
3) Screaming for Vengeance
4) British Steel
5) Painkiller
6) Sin after Sin
7) Hell Bent for Leather
8) Defenders of the Faith
9) Redeemer of Souls
10) Turbo
11) Ram it Down
12) Point of Entry

A
1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Painkiller

A-
3. Defenders of Faith
4. Sin After Sin (would be an A and in 3rd place if Last Rose of Summer didn't exist)

B+
5. Stained Class
6. Screaming for Vengeance
7. British Steel

B:
8. Angel of Retribution
9. Redeemer of Souls

B-:
10. Hellbent for Leather
11. Rocka Rolla

C-:
12. Turbo (There's an A- EP embedded in an F album)

D:
13. Nostradamus
14. Ram it Down
15. Point of Entry

F:
16. Jugulator
17. Demolition

Sin After Sin is a strange album. I'm literally fond of like 1/2 of the album. Sinner, Starbreaker, Diamonds & Rust and Dissident Aggressor. The rest does nothing for me.

I still love Starbreaker and all, but I never understand why the happy handclap song gets respect but not pure fuckin speed metal like Call for the Priest or grooving 70s perfection like Raw Deal.

Consensus is full of people that dismiss Sin After Sin entirely, you belong with the rest of them fag

Reactions: CiG