GMD Poll: Darkthrone's Discography Ranked

tenor.gif

Reactions: CiG
Do you really think that not enjoying Burzum is more edgy than not enjoying, say, Avenged Sevenfold (just throwing a name out there, no idea of your opinion on the band)?

It's only edgy if they haven't actually heard a song from the band which is likely the case with most of the lambasting some bands get here. In before muh "I heard 30 seconds of the intro track to their debut so my opinion matters"

It's only edgy if they haven't actually heard a song from the band which is likely the case with most of the lambasting some bands get here. In before muh "I heard 30 seconds of the intro track to their debut so my opinion matters"

That sounds more like something that you'd do since you regularly judge music by who likes it and have even admitted to doing so without actually listening to it as far as I can remember.

Don't worry. You're in good company because Dodens always did the same thing and he admitted it to people he talked to on other sites.

He's made it clear on his Facebook that he thinks black metal is a joke (and I laugh at his jokes about it too tbh because black metal is objectively silly but fun) so your correction makes sense.

First of all, define how you are using objective.

Second of all, black metal is categorically silly, but a genre whose classics include “Zombie Ritual” and “Fucked with a Knife” isn’t? If you want to be a stickler about it, we could rip apart any genre of metal for being “silly.”

You're in good company

Kill me now. He was shitposting before it was cool. I prefer Necuratul anyway.

I've proven in other threads just how many times I've listened to Manilla Road based on last.fm plays. I will go back and relisten to see if my tastes change (which they do sometimes). If I hadn't done things like that, I would never have liked Bolt Thrower among other artists. I haven't listened to only Lost in Necropolis 200+ times just to show how open minded I am.

Last edited:
Kill me now. He was shitposting before it was cool. I prefer Necuratul anyway.

I've proven in other threads just how many times I've listened to Manilla Road based on last.fm plays. I will go back and relisten to see if my tastes change (which they do sometimes). If I hadn't done things like that, I would never have liked Bolt Thrower among other artists. I haven't listened to only Lost in Necropolis 200+ times just to show how open minded I am.

Congratulations on listening to Manilla Road. Do you want a participation trophy?