GMD Poll: Judas Priest’s Discography Ranked

Need to listen to Rocka Rolla, Angel of Retribution, Nostradamus, and Demolition because I haven't heard RR for a long time and the others ever, spare maybe a song or two.

Doubt any will be worse than Jugulator tho.

1. Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
2. Sin After Sin (1977)
3. Rocka Rolla (1974) <--- Underrated.

---------------------------------- Their earliest shit was their best. ------------------------------------
4. British Steel (1980) <--- Underrated, at least in the metal community.
5. Stained Class (1978) <--- Slightly overrated.
6. Killing Machine/Hellbent for Leather (1978)
7. Screaming for Vengeance (1982) <--- Amazing album to put out this late in their careers.

---------------------------------- Drop in quality. -----------------------------------------------------------
8. Point of Entry (1981) <--- Judas Priest Lite!
9. Defenders of Faith (1984)
---------------------------------- Down the rabbit hole we go! -----------------------------------------

10. Turbo (1986)
11. Ram it Down (1988)
12. Painkiller (1990)

---------------------------------- The rest do not matter! ------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Doing this begrudgingly:

Sin After Sin (1977)
Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
Painkiller (1990)
Stained Class (1978)
British Steel (1980)
Killing Machine/Hellbent for Leather (1978)
Screaming for Vengeance (1982)
Point of Entry (1981)
Defenders of Faith (1984)
Rocka Rolla (1974)
Ram it Down (1988)
Angel of Retribution (2005)
Turbo (1986)
Redeemer of Souls (2014)
Nostradamus (2008)
Demolition (2001)
Jugulator (1997)

12. Painkiller (1990)

Rocka Rolla, Turbo, Ram it Down and Defenders of the Faith over Painkiller? Get the fuck out.

Last edited:
I've listened to maybe 6 Priest albums? Those not in the 70s never made me go "yeah, i'll listen to this again"

Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of Faith, and Painkiller are all excellent. British Steel is strong, albeit overrated by the mainstream media. Some of the other stuff, I get you. Turbo, Ram it Down, Point of Entry, the Ripper Owens albums, Nostradamus... there's a lot of strikes.

Rocka Rolla, Turbo, Ram it Down and Defenders of the Faith over Painkiller? Get the fuck out.

Yup. People should get their metalhead card revoked for shit like that.

*Edit* I could see the case for Defenders of Faith. The rest? Hell no.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
*Edit* I could see the case for Defenders of Faith. The rest? Hell no.

For some reason I've grown rather venomous towards Defenders of the Faith as of late. I don't know what happened but my views on it have diminished, I think it's because there are some very cheesy songs on there that reek of radio-friendliness and it unnecessarily splits the album up.

The second half of Defenders is pretty crap. Love Bites has grown on me a little in how uniquely stripped-down it is and Eat Me Alive is passable half-speed metal, the rest is total trash.

Reactions: Atomic Tide and CiG
But all Judas Priest albums have at least a few excellent songs, up to Painkiller. Defenders drops harder than Point of Entry, and the peaks of each are about equivalent.

It's been a while since I listened to Point of Entry, but I don't remember a single peak. Definitely one I need to revisit for this list, but in the past it's always been a chore.

As for Defenders of Faith, it does have some cheesy/ commercial stuff on it, especially near the end, but I still enjoy those tracks. Definitely one of the Priest albums I listen to the most often.