Have metalcore and deathcore gone beyond death metal?

Are As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage considered to be metalcore? They're really good:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hilarious that the only ones defending deathcore are 2010 signups.

Not me lol. Like I said before this discussion is almost pointless, your comparing a respected genre of music thats been around for decades and is loved my many to trendy metal by numbers shit. Its not even worth arguing over, people will just keep trying to correct each other for being genre specific.

"This is not that it's really this,what are you talking about?"
Kind of replies, someone will compare something to hardcore punk or whatever and someone else will come in and say "no it's not hardcore punk sounds like this wtf is wrong with you omg blah blah blah ect."

@Obscure infinity - You're dumb, you're like the old dad-core wankers who say real metal is glam and Metallica and Slayer. Faggot.

@Everyone else - I'm pretty sure that when Death and Morbid Angel first started doing shows and becoming popular they were the gay kids and you guys were the faggots and "real" metal heads were the kids wearing Metallica and Pantera shirts. Also on a side note, some of the bands of death metal yore looked as scene as any scene band looks today, tight pants, chucks, vests, scarves, head bands, big ass hair, now they have long regular hair and dress normally and have beards because they changed for the death metal scene, thats pretty much the definition of poser in your book. So you guys are pretty much hypocrites and you drive people away from good death metal because you act like as big of faggots as the OP and scene kids saying deathcore is the real metal and death metal is just unintelligible growls and static.

I was going to post a clever retort to this, but after realizing who was posting this shit, nah. You insult yourself better then anyone else could.

Carrot still firmly up the ass, I see? :Spin: Both As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are better than any of the Death Metal I have heard, and I don't give two spits whether elitist haters flame me for saying so either.:devil:

I still say these guys fucking own. I actually have trouble calling them Deathcore or Metalcore as they don't suffer from break-downsyndrome. I saw them live and they're absolutely brutal. Still, I agree that basically all metalcore and deathcore is gay and sucks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PGvD3fzMdw&feature=channel[/ame]

@NocturnalNemesis

Why don't you try using more smilies in your posts. It makes you look smarter!

@Obscure infinity - You're dumb, you're like the old dad-core wankers who say real metal is glam and Metallica and Slayer. Faggot.

@Everyone else - I'm pretty sure that when Death and Morbid Angel first started doing shows and becoming popular they were the gay kids and you guys were the faggots and "real" metal heads were the kids wearing Metallica and Pantera shirts. Also on a side note, some of the bands of death metal yore looked as scene as any scene band looks today, tight pants, chucks, vests, scarves, head bands, big ass hair, now they have long regular hair and dress normally and have beards because they changed for the death metal scene, thats pretty much the definition of poser in your book. So you guys are pretty much hypocrites and you drive people away from good death metal because you act like as big of faggots as the OP and scene kids saying deathcore is the real metal and death metal is just unintelligible growls and static.

this whole post is hilarious and awful.

Metallica made good albums. Slayer made great albums. I like good metal so I listen to albums by both bands. I'd rather be an "old dad-core wanker" (whatever the fuck that means) then a trendy hipster new-age "death metal" fan.

No one said anything about image you moron. Read my description of death metal again since it seems to have went over your head. Late 80s/early 90s death metal obviously had a scene but what it DID have that deathcore doesn't is spirit and conviction. Death metal isn't a party kid. You know metal has gone wrong when you have musical traits that you can fucking dance to.

Both As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are better than any of the Death Metal I have heard, and I don't give two spits whether elitist haters flame me for saying so either.:devil:

Here I'll take a crack at it. LOL you officially have the worst possible taste in this entire forum I hope you're proud and I suspect you have listened to about 5 death metal bands total in your life.

And yes I am aware that I'm now guilty of the previous thing that I was accusing people of but idc.

Carrot still firmly up the ass, I see? :Spin: Both As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are better than any of the Death Metal I have heard, and I don't give two spits whether elitist haters flame me for saying so either.:devil:

that's cool... you might want to go post somewhere where people aren't into real metal. ;)

Everyone else - I'm pretty sure that when Death and Morbid Angel first started doing shows and becoming popular they were the gay kids and you guys were the faggots and "real" metal heads were the kids wearing Metallica and Pantera shirts.

Your knowledge of basic metal history and it's timeline, is absolutely stunning.......

Practically all old school DM all sounds the same to me I don't even waste my fucking time with it and niether should you.

:lol: I have to assume you are a troll... or a complete moron.
Seriously though, if you think Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Death, Deicide, Gorguts, Carnage, et al all sound the same... well you're hopeless.