Have metalcore and deathcore gone beyond death metal?

@Everyone else - I'm pretty sure that when Death and Morbid Angel first started doing shows and becoming popular they were the gay kids and you guys were the faggots and "real" metal heads were the kids wearing Metallica and Pantera shirts.

Ummmmmmmmm actually no, not at all, not even a little bit right there at all. For starters, Pantera never became popular until death metal was well established, and secondly, death metal was never considered false or gay or trendy or a fad. It was a continuation in the evolution of extreme metal.

I still say these guys fucking own. I actually have trouble calling them Deathcore or Metalcore as they don't suffer from break-downsyndrome. I saw them live and they're absolutely brutal.

I agree, The Red Chord are great. Some deathcore is great. Most of it is generic fad-core, but as with most fads, there is some good stuff to be found amongst the dross.

I hope your proud

Your surprised?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN, it's you're. Like you are but shortened, with an apostrophe separating the two. *breathes into a paper bag for a while*

Eh too lazy.

Edit: Fiiiiiinnnnneeee I'll edit them if it really pisses you off that much....christ

It annoys me as well when people use "your" in place of you're/you are. I think it's even worse than "ur."

It annoys me as hell. I know I might be doing mistakes in english too, but this is fucking retarded.

Become? I've been signed up since 2001 and I can tell you with a straight face that the only thing that has changed, if anything, is that fewer people are making fewer posts.

There were always people with taste that didn't coincide with my own but it seriously wasn't this bad. There's very few posters I even have anything to talk about with anymore.

I generally keep an open mind about music in general, so that's why I actually like bands like Job For A Cowboy, Black Dahlia Murder and The Red Chord, but deathcore is generally pretty horrible. Simplistic doesn't even begin to describe those song structures. It's the same reason I don't really like primitive tribal folk music, "pre-teen" pop music (boy bands, Miley Cyrus and the like), or house music. No variation, completely predictable.

I love old school death. Deicide and Obituary in particular, and when i compare these two giants with the crappy metalcore of today i just wanna fucking cry. Deathcore is alright, but that fucked up "i love you you dont love me so shoot me in the head" core aint even metal

Onder! Any mistakes you make will be forgiven if you make me some fancy, foreign coffee. ;)

Hi you queer! Hows life in Canada and how about your hair? BTW, right now I'm drinking shitty coffee and I'm enjoying it. I lower my standards to erase my giant ego.

I generally keep an open mind about music in general, so that's why I actually like bands like Job For A Cowboy, Black Dahlia Murder and The Red Chord, but deathcore is generally pretty horrible. Simplistic doesn't even begin to describe those song structures. It's the same reason I don't really like primitive tribal folk music, "pre-teen" pop music (boy bands, Miley Cyrus and the like), or house music. No variation, completely predictable.

Alot of deathcore gets that "same" feeling. Slam death metal suffers from it as well. I know to some degree this happens in all music but it seems like 99% of bands in the genre sound fucking identical. That drives most people away before they become familiar with the 1% that's done well.

that's cool... you might want to go post somewhere where people aren't into real metal. ;)

Yes, the elitist small-minded antiquated "real metal" conspiracy seems to have overwhelmed your feeble mind, hope you have a high enough stepladder to climb down off that high horse horse you're on... :lol:

Yes, the elitist small-minded antiquated "real metal" conspiracy seems to have overwhelmed your feeble mind, hope you have a high enough stepladder to climb down off that high horse horse you're on... :lol:

I think you should try your luck at the non-metal subforum :Spin::bah::dopey::yell::D:D:tickled::devil::Shedevil::wave::popcorn::eek::confused::yow:

@Obscure infinity - You're dumb, you're like the old dad-core wankers who say real metal is glam and Metallica and Slayer. Faggot.

@Everyone else - I'm pretty sure that when Death and Morbid Angel first started doing shows and becoming popular they were the gay kids and you guys were the faggots and "real" metal heads were the kids wearing Metallica and Pantera shirts. Also on a side note, some of the bands of death metal yore looked as scene as any scene band looks today, tight pants, chucks, vests, scarves, head bands, big ass hair, now they have long regular hair and dress normally and have beards because they changed for the death metal scene, thats pretty much the definition of poser in your book. So you guys are pretty much hypocrites and you drive people away from good death metal because you act like as big of faggots as the OP and scene kids saying deathcore is the real metal and death metal is just unintelligible growls and static.

What in the name of sweet motherfucking Jesus are you talking about?