HIP HOP

gaschamber

check out my dumb band
ok, today i had a hip hop session in my studio with 2 15 year old brothas from right around me...keep in mind, i do not live in the ghetto or really have one near me...they are rappin about bustin gats since they were 9, living in the ghetto and hood, driving their new cars with chrome rims, how their crew breaks into houses and raped spouses, and all this money they have...then i get into a conversation/ argument about how mixing time IS NOT FREE. the project was 120 bux for 4 hours and they didnt have any more money, theyre calling daddy, and grandma for the money...why couldnt they spend the money they had in their songs they couldnt afford to get mixed???

i listen to my fair share of hip hop, but this session really put the culture into perspective for me.

i figured id share my retarded day with the regulars here because i knew youd get a laugh out of it.

They are following the proven formula that works. Sing about stuff black kids and confused white boys think is real. You dont need originality, recylce the same lyrics, the same beats..and just throw in some cheesy synth that Dimmu Borgir would be proud off, = maintstream hip hop.

They may be following the proven formula but they are also making a big mistake. True "gangsa's" will be able to snif them out and expose them as the psuedo-hardcore suburbanites that they are.

ok, today i had a hip hop session in my studio with 2 15 year old brothas from right around me...keep in mind, i do not live in the ghetto or really have one near me...they are rappin about bustin gats since they were 9, living in the ghetto and hood, driving their new cars with chrome rims, how their crew breaks into houses and raped spouses, and all this money they have...then i get into a conversation/ argument about how mixing time IS NOT FREE. the project was 120 bux for 4 hours and they didnt have any more money, theyre calling daddy, and grandma for the money...why couldnt they spend the money they had in their songs they couldnt afford to get mixed???

i listen to my fair share of hip hop, but this session really put the culture into perspective for me.

i figured id share my retarded day with the regulars here because i knew youd get a laugh out of it.
I would have told them to go rob a convenience store or something. If they are true gangsters they would do it.

What were the lyrics like?
"When I'm holdin' up da store, all is dat I want more, is some tasty rib!"
"Gold around my neck, gotta cash da welfare check".

so... anybody a fan of hip hope?

yup. there's a genre called hip hope. it's gospel rap.