How much do you like Opeth

i like them more than i like....hmmm....nutella!! k, maybe not but they're fucking great!! :D

why do some people post a reply to say that they dont like them...or that they're not great?? well wtf are u going in this forum then, EH? :yell:

Opeth has been my favorite band for a while, not so long ago actually. But right now they bore the shit out of me. I'm more into doom metal and alikes now, and also I'm kinda rediscovering the 80's.

Opeth is my faviout band, and is most of what i liston to now adaysm but i am also getting into more 70's rock like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Thin lizzy so this opion might change

Well i love Opeth but my favorite band of all time will always be Pearl Jam..i think its because of the length of time ive been into them...Opeth certainly has a special place though! :)

tell me a few
Symphony X (who are by the way my second or third favorite) is actually the only metal band I can think of offhand that have both the technical ability and theory advantage. Many metal bands have better technical ability, but lack in compositional skill.

I just saw SyX on Monday. Outside of Romeo, they aren't that proficient. Dream Theater blows them away. I think a lot of jazz music has very boring composition. Head, solos (repeat forever) head, end. That's not everything, but that's a lot of it. I know a lot of metal is structured too, but listen to the first three Opeth albums and there's not a single bit of repetition in there.

Opeth and TOOL are up there. Still, I've been a rabid Tool fan for years, but i only heard about Opeth shortly after BWP, when a website led me to download Bleak. Especially after seeing them live during the Deliverance tour, their music has been more and more amazing to me.

OPETH + TOOL = the best