How you got into the band?

stevekachinsky said:
Well, thanks for sharing that wonderful and woeful tale of "Hair Today; Gone Tomorrow"!

I know the feeling :(

thennow2.jpg

You look good w/both "looks" Wyv :)

I do have a case of "Hair today gone tomorrow" as well, maybe I'll post a pic to compare... my hair used to be to my waist now it is shoulderlength... ah, things change!

stevekachinsky said:
Anyway SheSorceror, I have the last laugh because you bought Steel Prophet CD's anyway! Don't you feel violated somehow? ;)

Yes.
I think it's time to put them on eBay and get me some real music instead. :Smug:

You're so lucky I like the music! Although nobody really makes profit of me buying your CDs.... :tickled:

Ok, ok, you've got me there. I think it's time to meet eachother again so I can kick your ass. And after that we'll have a beer. :D

Still no European tour on the agenda?

Steve... I think it would sound better if you said "women's rooms" :tickled:

Well I am sure once you guys finish the new album you'll get your asses in gear... :worship:

I really enjoy reading all this old posts here!:D

My story is that i found Redemption about 2 years ago and i loved the vocalist (Rick) and i found some audios on his webside where was full SP songs from each albums. I thought that this sounds really interesting and i got the Dark Hallucinations album and since then im a fan of this band.
Now i also have In To The Void and Beware.. thats all i managet to find here in Finland..and Genesis. Now im looking for more:p

I discovered Steel Prophet when I bought the split CD release by Reborn Classics which contains Jag Panzer's "Shadow Thief" and Steel Prophet's "Inner Ascendance". Great stuff...

I read some good reviews about "Dark hallucinations". I love US metal so I bought the album and it´s excellent.

Besides I´m journalist and had to review "Messiah" (overwhelming) "Book of the dead" (very good) and "Unseen" (OK). Obviously I bought all of them originals (not only reviewed the promo). I purchased too "Genesis" :headbang: and recently (a week ago) I bought "Shallow of forever" demo compilation. Bad sound (logical) but a piece in US metal history and the roots of Steel Prophet.

In my opinion, the only "down" in SP career is "Beware". For me, a quite average album. The most interesting about it is the DVD.

Published a 'zine back in 89-90. The bands publicity agent sent a demo. I listened. Reviewed the demo and said something to the affect that the band is really good except for when they try to get all classical. Then they suck! 10 years or so later brought "Book of the Dead." Loved it! Liked the follow up "Unseen" as well. Then tracked down the bands older albums.

Ten years ago I bought Dark Hallucinations. The name Steel Prophet was in my mind because it was one of the only good bands on an Iron Maiden tribute. So I bought the cd and actively pursued all the other Nuclear Blast releases. But it wasnt until this year, now that I finally tracked down Goddess Principle, Into The Void, and Continuum. Jesus, ten years. IF I could go to the kid of me way back when, and tell him it'd be TEN years til the Steel Prophet collection is complete.... Man, time truly is a slippery bastard. I remember being in high school and thinking that Messiah was the greatest album of the new millennium. I've always loved reading the liner notes and everything about this band. I remember thinking it was a small personal triumph when Steel Prophet got into Metal Maniacs magazine. Fuck yea, Steel Prophet!

Well, I know Grilled Cheese is the editor of "Power Packer" fanzine, because I'll never forget that line about sucking when we got "all classical"! Still love that one bro. Nice to hear about Daybreaker finally filling in that collection too...

Finally!! Oh my.. I waited for this day hmm.. I guess almost 2 years now.. to have my own Book of the Dead cd!!:) Now I'am happy that I am ''almost'' filling in this ''collection'' too!;) hehh

Now I listened the whole album in a car and few songs for more than 2 times..those that I didn't knew already! It's a complete surprise the whole album and it's full of melodies, heavyness and beauty.. all the best words for perfect power/prog album. This is the day that I feel I have something new from you guys hehh... now I have something before the new album will come out! Now I will hunt Messiah and Unseen!:)

Howewer, I already have some ''critics'' inside of me!:)
Ofcourse this is only my taste, but for me this beautiful aqustic parts, like Soleares, The chamber and Ruby dreams.. they ''deserve'' to be longer!8)
There is nothing more *irritating* than ''ohh, I wish this would be longer'' things in these songs!:) My imagination makes me wish already this songs could be longer becouse they can be nothing else than beautiful.. and it's irritating that they are so short!:p Hehh This is me as a critic!;)

Great week to everyone here ''and there'' !;)

Wouu, now I know what you guys meant all the time when talking about ''crystal'' clear sound on the book of the dead.. it's really amazing and plus it seems that my version is somehow remastered,, so maybe it's even better atleast different somehow than the original. The sound of each instrument+ vocals ofcourse is killer one here.. and the album is awesome..It makes my soul to sing along and cry..

I remember I readed Steve's interview about this album I guess.. and you said that the expectations of this cd were on HIGH.. I gues this really was one of the best metal albums of the year when it came out.. it would have be even this year!!:D

I bought Book of the Dead on a whim when I spotted it in a record store (remember these?) I used to frequent when that album had just been released.

The cover looked cool and I thought, Why not?

I almost immediately became a fanboy.

I interviewed Steve via phone a few years later and found him to be very friendly, intelligent and appreciative. This just made me a fan that much more.