I hate emo. Bloodbath backs this up.

@mantra - yea, it is pretty pathetic... however think of one of those hardcore faggots landing a flying kick to an emo wimp... Holy shit that's awesome.

Demilich said:
ghlive15.jpg
Goat Horn!!! :headbang:

Haha, oh god this is terrible. 'Emo' is punk, rooted in hardcore and has mostly political and confrontational lyrics. The whole introspection thing is faux-emo, which I agree needs to fucking die already. No emo band has ever been on MTV or ever will be.

Plus, if there's one genre that can't look at emo and laugh at their antics it's fucking metal. Grown men in make up, singing about dragons and elves and shit. Masturbating with their guitar because they have no idea what a dick is for.

READ: http://www.mesaverde.co.uk/mp3

Mantraschism said:
@butnix: What are you talking about? I did not say, 'A metal guy sat down next to us.' I said, 'A hardcore kid sat down next to us.' Hardcore and metal are not the same thing! Where you get, 'We all listen to the same thing so we're all friends', I have no idea, because we don't ('we' meaning me and my friend, and then the hardcore kid) listen to the same fucking thing -- my friend and I listen to metal, and the hardcore kid listens to hardcore. I'll reiterate, metal and hardcore are not the same thing.

@mantra: just a moment, are we talking about hardocre-metal, or hardcore (lonsdalers)?..

I respect that you people are metal fans and like Bloodbath like I do.
I'm a metal fan first and foremost but seriously, this kind of shit is just annoying. This is the kind of thing that gives metal a bad name.
So you don't like emo, metalcore or hardcore. Who gives a shit?
If you have nothing better to do with your time then rant about how much an Atreyu fan can piss you off just by sitting near you, or about how much you hate the clothes that emo bands and fans wear, then what a pitiful life you must lead.
I love death metal alot. I love black metal alot. But I don't go around making a dick of myself calling hardcorers and emos faggots.
And I'm with a few other people in this thread - the typical Manowar 'Brothers In Metal' fan thing is gayer and more annoying than any emo.

Nothing worse than a bunch of moronic fucking metal fans turning a fantastic genre into a bogan pissing contest.

scttrbrain said:
I'm a metal fan first and foremost but seriously, this kind of shit is just annoying. This is the kind of thing that gives metal a bad name.
If you have nothing better to do with your time then rant about how much an Atreyu fan can piss you off just by sitting near you, or about how much you hate the clothes that emo bands and fans wear, then what a pitiful life you must lead.
I love death metal alot. I love black metal alot. But I don't go around making a dick of myself calling hardcorers and emos faggots.
And I'm with a few other people in this thread - the typical Manowar 'Brothers In Metal' fan thing is gayer and more annoying than any emo.

Nothing worse than a bunch of moronic fucking metal fans turning a fantastic genre into a bogan pissing contest.

Well said......at last someone is talking about the metal community in a way that I can firmly agree with.............Rock. :D

scttrbrain said:

things that i hate: republicans, democrats, being hungover, running out of coffee, rich people, poor people, religious types, getting woken up early in the morning, work, stupid people, rap music, hippies, jam bands, cell phones, faux-intellectuals, the fashion industry, television, hollywood, the media, rednecks, cowboy hats, country music, SUVs, emo kids, hardcore kids, whites, blacks, hispanics, asians...
emo happens to be on the list. this happens to be a thread about how much we hate emo. if you're gonna tell me to fuck off, you can shove that middle finger up your ass. it's not like i'm constantly dwelling on it, devoting every minute of my life to my all-consuming passionate hatred of emo. jesus christ, we express some distaste for something and you have the nerve to come in and tell us what we can and cannot think. i disembowel self-righteous pricks like you for breakfast, you pathetic, snot-nosed know-it-all bastard.

Masters Apprentice said:
Haha, oh god this is terrible. 'Emo' is punk, rooted in hardcore and has mostly political and confrontational lyrics. The whole introspection thing is faux-emo, which I agree needs to fucking die already. No emo band has ever been on MTV or ever will be.

Plus, if there's one genre that can't look at emo and laugh at their antics it's fucking metal. Grown men in make up, singing about dragons and elves and shit. Masturbating with their guitar because they have no idea what a dick is for.

READ: http://www.mesaverde.co.uk/mp3

At least we can storytell instead of crying for two minutes about some self absorbed bitch that left us heartbroken cuz we thought it was love.

And you can't compare SHIT when it comes to guitarists in emo bands and metal bands. Metal will ALWAYS own emo in every aspect of every musical instrument.

scttrbrain said:

'Ey, my entire local fucking music scene is Emo, and BAD emo at that. do you think I enjoy it when I have to listen to off key wimps screaming to godawful music and a drummer who can't drum worth a shit every night?? The only reason I do it is to promote my own band. I actually happen to like some emo, I.E. The Mars Volta.

[By the way, Emo started with Weezer's Pinkerton Album, and Atreyu is screamo, which is a genre that also pisses me off. :) ]