I recently bought a "nu-metal" album

i was a fan of SOAD's first album...quite different from most nu-metal then, interesting and creative...the new one is pretty shit, aerials is a good song and i know i'll get flamed for this but chop suey is pretty dang catchy

Originally posted by Morningrise
They are definately one of the better of the genre, along with Korn. I used to LOVE korn, and i heard them recently and they aren't really that bad....a good band I would say, I hate Fieldy though.

i liked korn's first album although all the songs got repetitive after a while, very different from anything during that time (they were the first nu-metal band i think) and pretty agressive too...their other cd's were pretty shit though imo! and i'm not trying to be a "too cool for school anti-nu-metal metalhead) My friend played me some of their new stuff and i have to say it pretty fucking shit.

fieldy as a bassist is alright. He gets a really really awesome slapping sound by scooping the mids so that everything sounds clicky and percussive, but he does little else than slapping which gets boring when thats all you here. It is a good approach though and strengthens the idea of the bass being in the rythm section.

We are not historians and soad is no too! Why should they mention a genocity (?) ? They are musician and they dont live in Turkey or Armenia.So you must think before talking about a country bad or good.But truth is very simple if you know much more think about history.

fieldy as a bassist is alright. He gets a really really awesome slapping sound by scooping the mids so that everything sounds clicky and percussive, but he does little else than slapping which gets boring when thats all you here. It is a good approach though and strengthens the idea of the bass being in the rythm section.
I think that clicking sound is so extremely annoying. There are no audible notes in his playing and I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't actually play notes some of the time, and just hit the thing. The basses role in the rhythm section is to lay down chord structures the music is based on, not to sound like a loud clicking percussion sound...