Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

The playlist lacks an Awakenings
Rediscovery
Church of the Machine
Accolade
Communion and the Oracle

or most preferably

A "Through the Looking Glass"

pretty much a longer, more dramatic song (I think at least)

The playlist lacks pretty much a longer, more dramatic song (I think at least)

You're absolutely right. Am I the only one who wishes they would add Accolade II back to the setlist? That song is perfect, melodic, and epic, and not even that long! I'd rather hear this song (or Communion, for that matter) over Paradise Lost...

You're absolutely right. Am I the only one who wishes they would add Accolade II back to the setlist? That song is perfect, melodic, and epic, and not even that long! I'd rather hear this song (or Communion, for that matter) over Paradise Lost...

Yes, Paradise Lost (the song) is good but not G.R.E.A.T. good.

The list seems to be made of only the more commercial, fast songs (which are still awesome anyway).

Not even an accolade...

Just saw Nuclear Blasts April release plan, and Symphony X was not in it. Looks like this won't be out until May or later.

In a recent video of End of Innocence uploaded on youtube, Russell shouts "and its coming out in June!", so damn, another 3 months :/

I was just about to post that! "We got a new record comin' out in June!"

Last edited by a moderator:
That intro riff in Dehumanized is tricky! It took me a while to work out the timing, but the guitar starts in 7/4 (2x), goes into 13/8 (2x), and then back to 7/4 (2x):

14246509-170

All the while, the drums are playing exclusively in 3/4:

14246513-792

Also, major bummer about the album not coming out until June! I don't think I can wait that long!

Honestly, I thought hearing a date was a good thing, not a bummer. You guys are indeed whiners. :p

What's ironic is that we didn't get the date from a normal straightforward news update, but because Russel shouted it at some show. The same thing happened with the album title and theme.

Having said that, knowing that the album (after all this) still won't be released until summer is indeed pretty lame.

I'm not really "whining" since I personally don't really feel like I'm "impatiently waiting" for the album to come out, at least not any more. In fact I want them to take all the time they need to make a quality release. It's just this lame indifference that I find pretty strange. :err:

I agree about the set list, but hopefully this is just what they play for this tour they are on now since they only have an hour. That is probably why they dont want to play any really long songs. Im sure once the album is out and they do a proper headlining tour to support it specifically they will throw in some longer stuff and mix it up a bit. At least I hope so. They probably wont come to Japan again for like the zillionth year in a row so I guess it wont matter for me anyway (sorry if I sound a bit salty... cuz I am lol... havnt seen them live in almost 5 years now)

Also, yea... I was hoping for an earlier release date but oh well. Nothing I can do about it.

I agree about the set list, but hopefully this is just what they play for this tour they are on now since they only have an hour. That is probably why they dont want to play any really long songs. Im sure once the album is out and they do a proper headlining tour to support it specifically they will throw in some longer stuff and mix it up a bit. At least I hope so. They probably wont come to Japan again for like the zillionth year in a row so I guess it wont matter for me anyway (sorry if I sound a bit salty... cuz I am lol... havnt seen them live in almost 5 years now)

Sounds reasonable. And they never go to Japan? Weird, but, anyway, NB could help with that.

I'm really digging the new End of Innocence song so far. It's got a chorus a lot like those on Paradise Lost but it adds a shit ton more keys making it feel a helluva lot more proggy - loving it!
The breakdown "The world is dying, the precious sands of time are running out". I love the phrasing and grooviness of that part...shit is great, can't wait for more!