If you're not into metal, then you are not my friend

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I am currently trying to sell my Amiga 4000 (that's a computer) on the most popular buy/sell web site in Sweden, and several people have been interested so far. They e-mail, say "hey, I'm interested, I want this and that extra info, I'm willing to pay this much and could you ship it to here please?" Then I reply in a friendly and professional manner. And I get no replies, or if I do they're quite fucking unfriendly ("oooh shit you won't sell it to me for $70 less than you listed it for? Well I'm going to be all fucking arrogant now" -- I SET THE PRICE MOTHERFUCKER, IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE FREE TO FUCK OFF AT ANY TIME.) This is really fucking tiring because I need to get the fucking computer sold. Please stop being impossible to deal with, people.

Why are people being total asshats like this? I'm not used to this sort of shit. When you trade or buy metal items, on trading sites, boards, eBay, distros, stores, whatever, people are all nice and do not BULLSHIT you. You mail them, saying "hey I'd like this and this, what is the total" and they reply in hours or days, and then BAM, transaction done, no problems. Or if you want to trade something they either say "yep, deal" or "nope, sorry." No fucking BULLSHIT.

I guess what I want to say is I'm just really happy to be a part of a community where people generally have some fucking honour, do not try to rip each other off, aren't unfriendly, etc, etc. I hate doing business with fuckmunches. Rant over.

Yeah, I hate when people do that shit. I actually get a lot of similar questions from eBay:

"Can I send a money order?" - after the auction ends and after specifically saying in the description "PAYPAL ONLY"

"Will you ship to Europe?" - after the auction ends and specifically saying in the description "US bidders only"

Do people read anymore?

People, in general, suck. Just accept it and it will alleviate some of the frustration.

Erik said:
I guess what I want to say is I'm just really happy to be a part of a community where people generally have some fucking honour, do not try to rip each other off, aren't unfriendly, etc, etc. I hate doing business with fuckmunches. Rant over.
J. said:
People, in general, suck. Just accept it and it will alleviate some of the frustration.
Black Winter Day said:
if more people were into music, there'd be less war.:tickled:
5 stars.

"Will you ship to Europe?" - after the auction ends and specifically saying in the description "US bidders only" - I do that. I see RARE MAYHEM BURZUM OOP KVLT and buy the fucker, then I read the item description and think D'OH I CAN'T AFFORD IT AND IT SAYS "ONLY FOR 14 YEARS AND 4 MONTHS YEAR-OLDS WHO LIVE IN WISCONSIN AND ARE CALLED JEREMY. THIS MEANS NOT YOU MIKEY BOY."

Erik said:

i agree with you there, i've only been ripped off once when trading/buying with people over the internet etc, and it's always pretty smooth.

a pleasant example of this occured last week when my THR order for some reason got lost in the mail system. i wrote him an e-mail and asked when he had sent my packaage and also told him i had not recieved anything. after half an hour he replies and tells me that he'd sent it all to me again for free

The THR guy is just about the easiest person ever to deal with. Fast as fuck, gives you stuff for free, ships before he gets payment, packs well, great prices... I don't have a single negative thing to say.

Erik said:
The THR guy is just about the easiest person ever to deal with. Fast as fuck, gives you stuff for free, ships before he gets payment, packs well, great prices... I don't have a single negative thing to say.
Yee, I got a Corpus Christii promo off that dude cos he'd run out of coins to give me my change with :) wish I had money so I could buy stuff off that dude again :(

http://thr.cjb.net/

EDIT: Beat me to it. VERY fast, and very good. Only ordered from him once but it was probably the best order experience I've ever had, especially considering it was an overseas cash transaction.

ok, THR has something I want. How much is one CD to the US if it says 13 Euro? I don't understand the gram measurement thing, so how much is shipping for 1 CD?

That's just it, not everyone owns a scale to measure the weight of a little piece of plastic.

But the euro=USD thing is cool. I already emailed him.

Erik said:
Hey America, smell the fucking century already. The rest of the world is laughing at you when they're not cringing at your stubborn silliness.
I don't wanna laugh, but.............................................................. :oops:

Liquor is about the only thing in America always measured using the metric system, proving once again that booze is superior to everything.

Erik said:
Then again I guess you could just drive your SUV down to the post office and let them do the weighing for you.
Haha, driving to the post office. America doesn't even have sidewalks in the suburbs so you're forced to drive everywhere. And if you did have a sidewalk outside your house, a big yellow school bus won't come pick your fat lard arse kids up to take them to school, so parents opt for 'no sidewalks', otherwise they would have to drop the kids off themselves...or goat forbid, people might have to walk or take (non-existent) public transport to get from A->B. It's just blubber everywhere you look.

The American postal system is extremely jewish, but I've never tried the no return address option. Most likely they'd junk it though.