If you're not into metal, then you are not my friend

markgugs said:
I don't mean to cross hairs or anything, but the Suffern train station is a less than 5 minute walk from your house, and on one of the most major NJ Transit lines there is in northern NJ/southern NY. It doesn't get a whole lot easier. Just sayin' is all.
You've really got to take a year off and live outside of the US. Do it before marriage and kids - trust me.

Well THAT'S not going to happen. To be honest, I love where I live. Other places are nice to visit.

It's fairly difficult to compare Suffern, NY to metro London in terms of public transportation though, wouldn't you say? Stand in the middle of Manhattan so you can compare an apple to an apple.

markgugs said:
Well THAT'S not going to happen. To be honest, I love where I live. Other places are nice to visit.
That's a shocker! Other places are nice to visit though, but you can only make that determination once you actually get there and see it with your own eyes.

It's fairly difficult to compare Suffern, NY to metro London in terms of public transportation though, wouldn't you say? Stand in the middle of Manhattan so you can compare an apple to an apple.
Who's talking about metro London? Again, you have no benchmark to compare to other than a weekend trip to a field in the middle of Germany. Travelling extensively can only be a good thing for anyone, whichever way you look at it.

If I win the $100 million lottery tomorrow, I'll be traveling extensively throughout Europe, so I'll let y'all know.

J. said:
If I win the $100 million lottery tomorrow, I'll be traveling extensively throughout Europe, so I'll let y'all know.
But you'll have to go on a cruise ship right? Man, I can't stand cruises. Too claustrophobic. (EDIT: Not the ocean, but the boat itself. :loco: ) So is your fear of flying really bad then?

I'm a great swimmer, so I'm not scared of water. But sharks ain't too cool in my book.

Well, if we won $100 million (probably $40 million after taxes and the cash option), I'd probably make a permanent residence somewhere in Europe, most likely Italy.

I still hate flying. We need those beam-me-up transporters.

J. said:
Preach it.

If I won $100 mil I'd buy a big cabin in one of the local mountains, something in Europe (probably England or France), something toward the east coast, and a shack in the middle of the desert.

J. said:
I'm a great swimmer, so I'm not scared of water. But sharks ain't too cool in my book.
J, my friend, there is an old diver's saying: a man can swim quicker through water than a shark can through shit.

Well, if we won $100 million (probably $40 million after taxes and the cash option), I'd probably make a permanent residence somewhere in Europe, most likely Italy.
So why Italy out of interest? You said Ireland once too I think.

Yeah, but look what it did to Jeff Goldblum. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
J, my friend, there is an old diver's saying: a man can swim quicker through water than a shark can through shit.
Did you just say it was okay to poop in the pool!? :loco:

gopher.jpg

From what I've read, seen and heard (one of my fellow team members is from Italy, but lives in Dublin), Italy sounds like a peaceful place with good food.

Ireland would also be nice, but that damn IRA.... No seriously, if I was gonna live in reland, I'd live way outside of the city in those green fields that are shown in the Irish Spring commercials.

Hahaha, yes! That episode was especially funny NAD.....and the only thing good to come out of Italy was Forgotten Tomb, that's it and most likely will never change.