Introduce yourself here

Great_Decision said:
Hi everyone, my name is alexander
I've first seen these guys when they was doing touring during the time they let out BRAVE MURDER DAY

i was fucking mind blown when i saw them play!!

anyways im 20 yrs old
and i am the singer for both of my metal bands Zero Signal and the other one needs a name

Your 20 years old, from Florida and saw Katatonia touring during Brave Murder Day? So you saw them in Europe when you were 10? Hmm..

Hey,

I'm Aviv from Cape Town, South Africa. :)

I'm a first year student at a local film school and I'm going to be majoring in Editing for my next two years. I DJ at a Goth club (Goth Rock/EBM/Industrial/Darkwave) occasionally and full-time at a Metal club, which unfortunately, is 90% Nu-Metal/Metalcore :(

Katatonia are my favourite band and I like a LOT of music, from Black Metal to Dark Trance so that's saying a lot.

I have a Myspace page at Myspace.com/vampiricyouth

Hey all, I'm Kevin from Toronto, 21. Been a fan of Katatonia's music since I first heard Brave Murder Day some time in 2001. Ever since I've been getting into all of their older as well as new albums.

Interesting Fact: I've been reading this thread for about a year and a half now... But just decided to start posting lately(as u can see!!)

Hello everyone, the names Corey. Live in Minnesota, USA, and just started listening to Katatonia like....4-5 months ago. I am now certain that there are not so many great American bands. Its kinda hard in the US to find so many overseas bands. God I hate America! Nice to meet you all.

I am now certain that there are not so many great American bands.

You`re damn right about that!:D Welcome, great to have another new Kata-fan here :)

Greetings! I am new here. My name is Andrey and I’m 26 yo male from Ukraine. Katatonia is one of the first metal band I heard in 1994… so, I’m a Kata-fan more than 10 yrs! (even a little wondered, how long!) I like old stuff (1992-1995) more than later. I consider “Dance Of December Souls” greatest, revolutionary album in metal scene of 90’s. Of course, I like various metal music – too much favourite bands (black, death, doom) - there are hardly to list here. Moreover, I like various dark electronics & ambient. I write music by myself in my own project called Mantrid. I do sound design, play & programming synths.

My dark ambient project: http://realmusic.ru/man3d

Hey Guys ! My names Lilly from Washington State ( USA )
Im 33 y/o total metal fan ~ I JUST FOUND out about you guys and to say the least Im impressed.. we're forcefed bullshit so called Metal here ( example ) New Rob Zombie:puke: I bought Viva Emptiness and was blown away good songwriting great musicians wish I would have found you sooner but so be it ..........
Fav bands are :
Nevermore, Iron Maiden , Slayer, Twelfth Gate , Opeth ,Exodus , Morgana LeFay , Biomechanical, Holy Moses , Artillery , Laaz Rockit and now Katatonia:headbang: Oh that list is so long

hi!
I’m 18yo female from Ukraine.Katatonia is my favourite band but also I like Enslaved( ),Death,Tiamat,Amorphis,Paradise Lost,etc.Earlier I liked Black metal(Darkthrone,Satyricon,Judas Iscariot,Summoning,Emperor...) and grind as Carcass...Besides, I like various dark electronics, Dark Ambient & Industrial.
I hope to find adherents and friends here...:wave:

Hate introducing myself or just talkin' abt me :p
BTW, I'm Mery from Florence, Italy, 31 years-old - but never too old for rock'n'roll :kickass: - and I've been listenin' to Katatonia since 1995-1996.
First time I listened to this band, in 1995, it was with 'Dance of December Souls' and I thought that keep on listenin' to them would've been pure suicide. But I got the stuff released before and later on and I'm still alive, so this band probably brought something worth living in my whole life instead :worship:.
I have a fansite dedicated to Klimt 1918, someone of you here perhaps already knows it. If you don't pls, visit me at link you find here below.
I'd just like to have more spare time to write more often here in this forum :erk: , but it's great just reading all your thoughts and various posts.

Hi, i'm 18 years old, live in den bosch. I study ict (programming). in my spare I play guitar, listen to rock metal, hang out with friends and sometime draw.

never knew there was a place with this much katatonia fans, great to see so many of them united. :headbang:

Hi Im Andrew from Cape Town, South Africa.
Im into all kinds of Metal but lately Ive been listening to stuff like In Flames, Opeth, Hypocrisy and of course Katatonia. I love all the albums my fav being Last Fair Deal...!

Im a digital colourist by trade but do my own art as well.

Hi everyone! My name is Ciccio, I am 23 years old, live in Stafford, UK, but I'm actually from Palermo, Sicily.

I love many kinds of music and many bands but there is only one band I care about: KATATONIA!!! I've loved them since Brave Murder Day and never stopped. :worship:

my metal top 5 is:
1- KATATONIA
2- AT THE GATES
3- SLAYER
4- OPETH
5- TOOL

I speak ita, spa, eng. and I would like to learn swedish as well although I can already name genitalia and order a sandwich.

I study filmmaking at the moment and I hope to make it as one and as a sceenwriter. I'm into photography, I've got an old Pentax SLR, and I've played drums for 10 years, been with a few bands.

I'm into martial arts as well, I practice Wing Chun (or used to is more appropriate).

In the future I would like to make a black metal film, I want it to be a black metallers' wet dream, with castles, swords, baby eating witches, and gallons of blood. :zombie:
That's it, yawn.
Ah, that and practice Wing Chun full time. it just kicks ass.
I've got a scooter and I've got a girl I've been with almost 3 years :zombie:

Kaljjaa :kickass: :kickass:

I saw the band in Helsinki, Tavastia Club, last Thursday. THE band was GREAT, the atmosphere wasn't COLD and the DISTANCE between me and the band wasn't too much. Since January 2004, when I last saw the band in Tampere , the band has increased its popularity to the another level. To be honest, I am not suprised, after new album. GREAT Band, GREAT music. Cheers.

"Confront your own concern, dont follow me." :heh:

Hi there, my name is Mario, 21, from El Salvador. I joined this site because of the Novembre forum, but finding this one was certainly a pleasant surprise, since Katatonia is one of my favorite bands. And needless to say, being gathered with so many Katatonia fans seems really fun, as I don't have to explain to people who just don't understand. :)

About the music I listen to, it really depends on the mood, but some other favorites are Klimt 1918, Ulver, Novembre, Arcturus, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Mar De Grises, Anathema, Forest Of Shadows, Mew, Akercocke, Ephel Duath, Kayo Dot, etc.

I play in a band, if you'd like to listen, click here for the myspace link.

"Four numbers, staring back at me..." it's late, gotta go. See you around.

I'm a great "follower" of Katatonia music, since my very first listening, the groundbreaking and outstanding "Discoraged Ones"!
Since then I have bought every Katatonia opera, and now I consider this marvellous band one of the most finest and extraordinary Rock/Metal groups of the whole world!
Immense thankfullness to you, Katatonia.
You are a very important piece of my soul, now and forever.