Introduce yourself here

Hello all. I've been a member of the Opeth message board here for a little while. However, since that forum is on the downward slope, I figured I should spend time elsewhere. So, I thought that my next favorite band here would be a good start. So, hello everyone. Hopefully we can engage in some meaningful discussions together, eh?

capital! greetings everyone, this is zack, hailing frm malaysia..a katatonia fan since TLFDGD. my favs are those frm the old days but i loved their newer stuff as well. katatonia (the classiest metal band on earth, period), opeth, porcupine tree..those are my favs, hyeah! :kickass:

Hello boys & gals,

my name is Florian, 20 years old, I live & study in Potsdam, near Berlin (Germany)
and KATATONIA are my recent experience in (worth-hearing) music!
They´ve blown me totally away. First contact was Brave Murder Day 2 years ago which was my only Katatonia album for one year and then I bought Viva Emptiness and It became one of my all-time favs!
I saw the guys for the first time last week in Berlin and it was an awesome show and probably one of my best concerts.

Besides Kata

Opeth &
Hypocrisy

are my favourite metalbands. I also like good old rock music like Queen, Led Zeppelin or Dire Straits (someone else here?).

I also play lead guitar in a band (death metal) and you´re welcome to our homepage

www.denied-music.com

If you like to listen, you can tell me what you think about it...

Cheers!

well...
I am Irja as you can see(this is my greec name in finish).
I must say that I really like the way that Katatonia show their feelings without being chicken or gay
Yes I know I am weird:))
19 years old and geology university student
and I study classical music in piano and vocals
this is me

Hello everybody

I'm Denis from Essen, Germany and at the age of 25 years now.
I'm listening to Katatonia for 7 years now, and it is my favourite band, though I'm into many different music styles.

So... nothing more to say right now.

That is not so typical Finnish name but still Finnish. Mirja and Irja are older names which are not so common anymore. But nice to hear there is someone called Irja In Greece, at least. Take care and be proud:kickass:

Shit happened in France:erk: . Kill that promoter...:heh:

http://katatonia.com/news.php

Heviä:headbang:

Hi everyone :)
I'm Kikki from Bochum in Germany, 15 years old (almost 16, maybe the youngest Katatonia fan in this forum (; ) and I'm listening to Katatonia for 3 years.
Actually that's all I have to say.

Leyssa said:
Hi everyone :)
I'm Kikki from Bochum in Germany, 15 years old (almost 16, maybe the youngest Katatonia fan in this forum (; ) and I'm listening to Katatonia for 3 years.
Actually that's all I have to say.
Depends on it, I'm turing 16 in 17 days. :rolleyes:

I registered about a week ago but this is my first post, been reading this forum for ages though. Anyways, my name is Nick i am 20 yeas old and I live in a small town called Portadown in Northern Ireland. For the last two years I have been a student studyin Interactive Multimedia Design but I recently dropped out (lazy bastid), startin a photography course next term though. I have been listining to Katatonia for roughly 2 years and recently went and saw them play in Glasgow last month.

Well,Im an oldie here in UMF,not that much participant tough,I used to post on the antimatter forum back in the days but I lost my old account and all that shtuff

Im a 20 year old brazilian doing law school,I used to play the guitar a lot but it has been a while

Im playing in a band called 1/2 Second Failure,which draws its influence from Paradise Lost,Katatonia,Anathema,APC,Tool,Sentenced and the like,as soon as I have something to share with you guys Ill let you know

howdy!!

I'm new, just registered.

my name is Hugo, turning 26 next week, and i'm from the biggest, crowded,dirtiest, shittiest, most beautiful city in the world, México. began listening to katatonia around the discouraged ones record, but didn't like the simple riffs they were using, I liked the older records more... tonight's decision made me change my mind, and i'm sold ever since...

very open minded about music (no techno, no pop) I enjoy counting crows as much as i enjoy nile!!:OMG:

no musician, not much of a poster, but i'll hang around for a while!

Well I know it's a bit late to introduce myself because I've been posting here for a while and I think you all started to know me already...Anyway sorry for not doing this before...well here we go:
I'm Tuna(by the way this doesn't mean a kind of fish in Turkish:))from Turkey,Istanbul...I'm 19 years old(almost 20) and I go to University,studying Materials Engineering...I love Katatonia 7 years so far and sincerely it's been a big part of my life for these years...I am open minded about music and almost everything about life...And I must say that I really like this board and you folks,I mean you guys really brighten up my day sometimes;)Thanks for all:headbang:

I'm Ed, 31 years old from Alexandria, VA (US) although I was born in lovely Puerto Rico, I work as an Electrical Engineer and I look forward to chatting with all of you Katheads.