Introduce yourself here

Hello my name is John, 25 years old. Been here for a long while but dont post that much. Love to write music, check out my mypsace link if you want to hear some, although the bass and drums are just virtual instruments. Looking forward to night is the new day!

Hello there. This is Alex from Moronland Utah. Katatonia is great. Been a fan since the mid 00's. New album track Forsaker is a tease from hell.

My band that is in the works is like a mix between newer/older Katatonia and weird doomy black metal.

Oh yeah, and I am also that guy who everyone thinks is wierd because of being into conspiracies, hidden knowledge, and that sorta stuff. It actually baffles me how most metalheads aren't into that so called crazy stuff.

Hi, my name is Jack. I am 27 years old and from the wasteland state of Ohio. I re-discovered Katatonia when THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE came out. I had heard earlier Katatonia music many years earlier but it did nothing for me. Then when Jonas started singing in more clear vocals, I started to like certain songs but still not enough to make me a fan. However, I was blown away with TGCD and am very much looking forward to NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY. I don't know what is different from the vocals in TGCD versus like VIVA EMPTINESS, but I like them much more. "A Premonition" is one of the songs before TGCD I really liked though.

As anyone can tell by my signature, I am not a metal fan at all. Katatonia pretty much stands alone because of their more recent material. I love melodic vocals surrounded by dark music (I hate growling/grunting vocals or too much screaming). Katatonia is the only band I have found (save for maybe Tool) that is the style of vocals with dark music I am trying to find more of. Apart from music I have some pretty bizarre interests. I love spiders and that creeps out everyone, especially girls. It sucks. :erk:
Jack

Hello all,

I don't think I've ever taken the time to properly introduce myself here. My name is Rob and I'm 37 years old. I live in West Virginia and have been a Katatonia fan since "Last fair deal...". I am a graduate of Berklee and I also take online classes there. I'm a photographer and Image designer by trade, and operate a private studio. In my spare time I enjoy Gunsmithing and Gun Repair, Reloading and Ham Radio. I also have a masters degree in Astronomy and run a private observatory.

I've been playing the guitar over 20 years at this point and I release my music under the name of "Timeless Thoughts". I try to focus more on mood and musical storyline's verses the typical verse/chorus structure. Finding the correct ambiance for a song is very important to me. I love 7th chords and strange tunings. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my 5th studio album, and a live DVD may be in the works. There are some unmastered teasers on my website, they can be found here.

On a side note, I'm impressed so far regarding the maturity of the folks in this forum. It's nice to be able to have a mature discussion without all the BS. It's too bad the old Opeth forum was over-run with punks and met an untimely demise.

Comments are always welcome,:)

'Rob'

hellos :)

my name is jocke (short for joakim) and i've been lurking this forum for a while and now i've started posting a bit as well.

i'm 22 years old and live just outside stockholm in sweden. i'm guitarist and vocalist in the band desolator along with stefan86 ov ultimatemetal fame ;)

loving the new kata-album btw

cheers!

Hey, I'm Saes & I live in Sweden. 25 years :)
I really like Katatonia, specially Viva Emptiness but I also love the old stuff :kickass:
Cheers to everybody!!!

Hello everyone :wave: my name is Luka, Im 18 years old and Im from little country called Poland, and yes - our national football team sucks veeeerrry much.
Im listening to Katatonia since i discovered TGCD. I don't have favourite kata album because they all are genius ;)
I hope that we will live here without any quarrels etc.
Best regards to all users here !!

well obviously ive been on UM a while and a frequent poster but i just got into katatonia and man i fucking love them. i first got the new album then i started going back through their shit and they rawk. im listening to the new one the most though, fucking nephilim, forsaker, and new night are just so god damn good.

I honestly can't recall if I ever posted in this thread, and there are too many pages to go through to find out, so I'll just do it..

I'm Shawn...I'm 38 years old, married, one 16 year old son...I got into Katatonia when Discouraged Ones came out, hence my affinity for the clean vocal era over the death vocal era...I actually got the CD for free when I began doing reviews for what was then DigitalMetal.com (not TeethOfTheDivine.com) as a gift from I want to say Loana from Century Media...

Anyway, I'm a wannabe bass player...I love tinkering around with drum loops and ambient sounds...I'm also a singer and have released a handful of internationally released CD's, but the styles are more old school Metal and Rock sounds...but my favorite things to do is set up a drum loop and mess around with my bass tones and ambient sounds on my Boss BR-600 Digital 8-Track...maybe one day I'll come up with something good enough to at least give away...

My favorite bands are:

Katatonia (of course)
Chroma Key
Radiohead
Fates Warning
OSI
Explosions In The Sky
U2
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Red Sparowes
Bigelf
King's X
Journey (had to drop Journey in my list)

Plus I've been getting into a lot more in the last couple years...Muse, Jesu, Zombi, Godspeed You! Black Emporer, A Silver Mt. Zion, Woven Hand, Lustmord, Mogwai, Earth...

Hi, I'm Curwen.
I'm a fan of Katatonia's older works mostly (like I just posted on the other thread, my favourite album is Dance of December Souls -followed by the '92 Rehearsal), so you won't see me posting that much here since most of the threads are about the new albums, but I might drop a few posts every now and then if I find interesting subjects :D

Hey Fellow Katatonia Fans

The Name is Adam im from a small town called West Point, Ms here in the states, I have been a Katatonia fan since The Great Cold Distance. I bought TGCD album at a store called FYE just cause the cover looked very dark and brutal needless to say i was blown away, I never would have thought that music like this was being made i played that album till my CD player quit spinning. Night is the New Day blew me away as well. Both albums are now on my WMP playlist i really do wish i had there older music.

Current bands i blast on a day to day basis
Katatonia
Paradise Lost
In Flames
Moonspell
Lacuna Coil
Slayer
metal metal metal metal thats about it.