Introduce yourselves!

My favourite songs are A Meeting Time and Place from AtS and Shredding the Deadwood and The Ghost of Summers Past from Pursuit... Havings those songs in my player while walking home through a path in a forest in an gloomy evening just gives me the chills. That type of ambience probably pretty close to the moods of the original composer.

Fuckin' Eh! That's awesome! I just love the fact that someone from Finland is listening to WoY while walking through Finnish forests! That gives me the chills! :)

Segway: Being of half Finnish descent myself, I actually have plans to visit relatives in Finland that I have never met before, NEXT summer, 2007. Like most of us who grow up in Canada listening to metal, I have dreamed of going to Europe (Finland in particular) for years now (NOTE: I'm huge fan of Amorphis, Sentenced, Fintroll, Sonata Arctica, Profane Omen, Fall of the Leafe, etc...). Next year, I'm finally going to do it and I hope to see some metal while I'm there!

Thanks for posting! That was awesome!

+ Good luck with your own music! :)

Might as well introduce myself here. i come from the forested province of BC. in a backwards place where emos like metal and know what they are talking about most of the time.

I Play guitar*for a little under 1 and a half years* and have been in 2 bands. Played bass in one where we wrote 1 original and played a cover in front of a school. unfortunatly everyone went there seperate ways before we could finish the plans to record a CD. I played guitar in the other and we finished 3 originals but drummer and bassist leaving*and having no acess to either* destroyed that. No metal bands for me yet though

I listen to more than metal. i'm not afraid to admit i like stuff like old Funeral for a friend, finch, all underoath, keane, anberlin, etc. but i'm a huge metal fan as well, Nevermore, Behemoth, ulver, Burzum and bolt thrower being just a few of the bands i like.

I've been a fan of WoY since i first heard Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth. Too bad its OoP but i do plan on getting Against the Seasons when i get money. I guess all i can say is keep canadian metal going as i try and get something going in the place where stutterfly and thebleedingalarm came from. keep up the good work WoY

My name is Alec. I'm a would-be actor/musician/occasional writer (I've been known to contribute reviews to Satan Stole My Teddy Bear, and I used to write reviews for The Hive and the Consortium, way back when those zines were still up). Needless to say I am a huge Woods fan and I look forward to good conversation.

-Alec

Hello people.

I'm Rob, from Mexico city. Yes, there's someone in this enormous place listening to WoY. A canadian friend highly recommended to me this band and since I heard some songs, I got completely stuck with it.

It's impossible to get the albums here, so I'm considering the "well-hidden" cash as an option.

Kudos to the WoY guys. I'm trying to spread the word among my friends so they can appreciate the band. Anyway, I'll be whoring around. I can be found most in the orphaned land and evergrey board.

Some of the things I've been listening lately are Antimatter, Katatonia, Evergrey, Agalloch, Blackfield, Opeth, Rammstein, Porcupine Tree... well, a lot of things.

see ya'll around.
other_cheers.gif

Hey My name is David:)kickass: ) i am 18 and i come from the north of holland.

David, I respect your music very much. It helps my music allot also, i love your smooth doom atmosphere you create with your guitar along you clean voice, I still have to learn that any tips(for the voice)?

I love having one of your songs on after a song like "crown of horn" from Cryptopsy, It like a moment to come to your senses haha, It makes me feel mature:lol:

Anyway you REALLY should come to holland to do some shows someday, If you need a second guitarist i am your man haha:lol: (i wouldnt mind supporting you guys with my band also:worship: )

Anyway please add me www.myspace.com/burntheinquisitor

David

The inquisitor said:
Hey My name is David:)kickass: ) i am 18 and i come from the north of holland.

David, I respect your music very much. It helps my music allot also, i love your smooth doom atmosphere you create with your guitar along you clean voice, I still have to learn that any tips(for the voice)?

I love having one of your songs on after a song like "crown of horn" from Cryptopsy, It like a moment to come to your senses haha, It makes me feel mature:lol:

Anyway you REALLY should come to holland to do some shows someday, If you need a second guitarist i am your man haha:lol: (i wouldnt mind supporting you guys with my band also:worship: )

Anyway please add me www.myspace.com/burntheinquisitor

David

Holland, ? what holland, there is quite a few.

Hey folks, I'm Felix from Germany. I've been around here some time ago, maybe a few ones remember me!

I discovered Woods of Ypres' Demo in late 2003 and loved it, you know, you just have to love everything innovative and still in the same vein as the old Ulver sound! \m/

I did a german interview then with David before they released their absolute KILLER debu! Now I'm waiting impatiantely for their new stuff, I'm sure it'll slay!

Hi there..I'm Jun from Malaysia. WoY kick ass!! Excellent music Dave! I knew Dave back in Windsor and he's such a great guy! Keep up the good work Dave! \m/

Jun

jwai said:
Hi there..I'm Jun from Malaysia. WoY kick ass!! Excellent music Dave! I knew Dave back in Windsor and he's such a great guy! Keep up the good work Dave! \m/

Goddammit, I heard black metal has been banned in Malaysia? (I've also heard that apparently even Megadeth t-shirts are also banned or some crazy shit like that?) I'm half Malay so I'm wondering what's going on over there. :p

Hi guys 'n' gals, I'm new here... well, not really. There are a few more "verderf"s out there, reason why I had to resort to the _lf addition in here, in the first place. That's been bugging me from day one, so I decided to go with another, less common pseudonym since the Dutch translation of "doom" doesn't seem to do the trick out there.

So yeah, hi again! :kickass:

Hello everyone. I'm Zakk, Canadian metalhead of course. I love all types of metal except nu-metal. play guitar, bass, drums. And I fucking love Woods of Ypres even though I only got into them recently. Looking forward to spending some time here with all of you

David Gold said:
Segway: Being of half Finnish descent myself, I actually have plans to visit relatives in Finland that I have never met before, NEXT summer, 2007. Like most of us who grow up in Canada listening to metal, I have dreamed of going to Europe (Finland in particular) for years now (NOTE: I'm huge fan of Amorphis, Sentenced, Fintroll, Sonata Arctica, Profane Omen, Fall of the Leafe, etc...). Next year, I'm finally going to do it and I hope to see some metal while I'm there!

You should time it so that you can go to Wacken Open Air! It´s always in the first week of august.

This year I finally get to see Orphaned Land and Die Apokalyptischen Reiter!!!! Wahuuu!!!!

I'm Brodie, from London Ontario, yay Canadian metal! And I'm eagerly looking forward to the new Woods, will probably be hanging around here for a while.

Hello everyone. My name is Ciaran and I have a problem: an addiction to quality black metal. I currently reside in Central Texas and I will soon begin work on my Master's Degree in Literature at Texas State University. I first discovered Woods of Ypres based on all the positive feedback generated by the "Against" demo a few years ago. That plus the "Pursuit" album are both recordings that I spin very frequently. I also play in a dynamic extreme metal band called Vex. I think that we are coming from a slightly similar place as Woods, at least as far as influences. Please see link below to access our music; any and all feedback on our efforts would be greatly appreciated.