Introduction thread

Hey. I'd like to introduce myself here.
My name is Simon Bailyes
I play the guitar (beginner)
Been a Turisas fan for around 5 weeks

Will be buying the albums soon :)

Hello people. I have been a fan of Turisas's music since I heard Battle Metal about 6 months ago. I also play guitar, but unfortunately have not learned to play any Turisas yet :erk:

Hello, my name is Elmas, I am 15, from Romania. Unfortunately.
I've been into metal for like 3 years now, but, to my own shame, I have only heard Turisas a month or so ago. But I fell in love instantly. Actually, they've my favourite viking metal band right now. Huge strength and energy in their music.
What more to say...I listen to all kinds of metal, except of trash probably, and also to classical music.

AND I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM! :D

Oh, and I am also sure that in a past life I used to be a viking :] 100% sure.

Hei all here!
I'm 19 years old and come from the South of Germany. I listen to Turisas since I saw them at Freiburg with "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter". That was ... öööööhm ... in 2005
I was active in the old Forum at Trolleve.com, but when they moved, I didn't move too. But now I'm here again.
My hobbies are RPG's, drawing, listen to music all the time and surfing senseless throught the internet ...

Hello everybody! :D I'm a 17-year-old girl from Helsinki, Finland and been into Turisas since Tuska Open Air Metal Festival 2004. Had a little break there with no listening to Turisas at all, but then after seeing them live once again at Tuska 2007 (about a week ago, that is), I found their music again. :) To this day I've seen Turisas three times and hopefully more will come. :kickass: Besides Turisas, I like to listen to Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Týr, Bathory and Metsatöll. Also Cannibal Corpse and Cryptopsy sometimes find their way into my playlist. I usually spend my freetime at the stables or at gigs.

And btw, I look like this.

Whats up Turisas fans?!
I'm Alasdhair (which you guessed), soon to be 16 and live in England... The Metal scene over here is allright, but I prefer the Scandinavian one, and hence I found Turisas. I own their Battle Metal album and I look forward to getting The Varangian Way sometime soon... What else to write... Well, I'm a huge fan of Black Metal and Death Metal. I sometimes listen to Thrash Metal or Industrial Metal if a band catches my eye (or ear as the case is)... I play drums, and I will learn to play guitar (soon hopefully) and maybe bass sometime... I'm trying to learn said instruments to start a music project (which I will call The Fires of Muspelheim) which I hope will play a mix of Black Metal and Death Metal... But I doubt much will happen this year (or the next for that matter) as learning guitar will probably take a while.

As for other bands, I am into stuff like Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Burzum, Celtic Frost, Korpiklaani, ETC...

Well thats all I can say for the minute, I think... If anyone has any questions about me, don't hesitate to ask.

- Alasdhair

Ah, I didn't know you guys had an intro thread. Very well here goes...

I'm Davina. I'm 29. I would say I was a pretty new Turisas fan having only started to listen to them this year but I love what I've heard.

I'm also into Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Muse,Carcass, Ensiferum, Arch Enemy, Sonata Arctica, Wintersun and many other bands. I also sing classical music but not so much as I'm lacking time and money to do it as seriously as I'd like.

At the moment I'm trying to write a novel. I'm a bit stuck at the moment so that's not good.

I work in a cinema and I suppose the best thing you can say is there's never a dull moment.

If there's anything you like to know just ask as I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Well, I just found this theme "Introduction threads. ehmmm I´m not good to speak about me, just to say that I´m from Chile and I Listened Turisas for first time two months ago (I think so) when I listened the Museum Metal (Viking Metal) so Inmediately I tried to find music of them, now My uncle that live in Belgium will bring to me the cd Battle Metal and The VarangianWay together with the dvd of Ensiferum, so I´m very happy. I play the guitar too, and one day I will try to play Turisas songs, now I have´t too much time.

Good Bye everybody.Greetings from Chile.

Saludos a los que comparten mi idioma, el español. Arriba Chile Mierda.

hI: First to say you I´m from Chile, around 3 or 4 years ago I Knew the Metal Music and it fascinated me inmediately. Then Together my girlfriend We Knew the viking, an excelent genre inside the Metal.
Turisas Is one of the first bands of viking that hit to me for their style and lyrics and I think they are a huge contribute to the metal.I hope some day they will come to chile.

Greetings from Chile.
I Love Metal :D.....

Oh, I agree! I have never been used to metal, until someone turned me on to Battlelore. Then i knew it. i fell comepletely in love with Turisas, and with Jussi too. I love the fact that they are not afraid to do simple melodies, unlike most progressice artists, who want to convince others that they are talented. Turisas just does what they want to.

20 years old, short time fan of both metal and Turisas. This would be my 3 year of liking metal, and 1 year liking Turisas, but I'm falling fast for the vikings.

Hello everyone!

I am Rami, and I'm from Finland! :headbang:

I just found out about Turisas a few days ago, and I discovered that they're doing a show in Nottingham next Saturday! I'll be there! :kickass: