Introduction thread

Hello everyone!

I am Rami, and I'm from Finland! :headbang:

I just found out about Turisas a few days ago, and I discovered that they're doing a show in Nottingham next Saturday! I'll be there! :kickass:

Great! A Finnish person in Nottingham!

Hope to see you there :D.

S92

I am totally jealous. It sucks being in the U.S. and liking awsome bands like Turisas that you will never see. I like Battlelore to, have you heard of them? Have fun at the show. sob.

Leon, 17(soon to be 18) years old. Graduated last year from school. Russian born jew, living in isarel, joining the army in february.
Love Turisas, Korpiklaani and any other great folk band for the matter.

- Leo

Hello everyone, I'm Neil, 19 from Scotland, just got into Turisas recently (TVW is amazing!) and was at their Glasgow show lastnight! I'm into power metal, melodic death metal and of course viking metal. And I play the drums.

not battle metal? :p

ah well, I guess I've never said hi on this board either
so: hi!
ingrid, 20, netherlands, mostly on COBOT here, ah well I love bands as: Equilibrium, Finntroll, Turisas, Ensiferum, Kromlek etc ...

Hey guys, I'm Sampy - 18 years of age and female.
And I'm bringing back this thread because the Turisas forums need a little livening up!
Don't worry though, I'm not going to post whore the boards.
It seems a shame though, that these boards aren't really as active as the rest of UM...

Anyway.

As I mentioned before, I'm 18 and yes I'm a girl.
For an odd reason, people usually think I'm of the male gender...
Half Aussie, half Filipino. Short.
Been listening to Turisas ever since 'Battle Metal' was put on that MetalHammer compilation.
So I guess I'm a pretty new fan.

I'm very open when it comes to music.

I listen to a fair bit of metal. But I am not a 'metalhead' and will never claim to be.
I listen to country [was raised listening to it]. But I'm definitely not a thigh slappin' country yocal.

I also listen to various pop artists/songs, hip hop, other sub-genres of 'rock', classical, opera, dance, techno and am even known to listen to relaxation music when feeling a little stressed.

To see what else I listen to, check out my Last.FM.

http://www.last.fm/user/sampyA7X

Yes, I realize I look like I'm 12 in my photo there.
It's an old photo and I'm too lazy to change it even though I most probably should.

I usually tend to avoid posting on UM, as 75% of people I have encountered in the General sections are complete and utter assholes who are of the opinion they are supremely better than everybody else.

But, after looking around the Turisas forum a bit, most of you here seem pretty okay. ;)

hi my name is jamie murphy
im male, irish, living in the west of ireland, middle of nowhere.

Love turisas, been listening for quite awhile. My hobbies are computers, music and webdesign.
I am a moderator on a few forums and its pretty sad that a band this good has such an inactive forum, hopefully we will get the flame burning brightly again :)

hi im new too wooooo

saw the guys in northampton on sat

was best night of my life :)

anywaz been a fan since saw them with lordi in birmingham bk in 2006

loved the albums soo far

from towcester, located next to silverstone!!!

u should knw where tht is if not northamptonshire

and fav turisas songs are Miklagard Overture, The Land Of Hope And Glory and The Dnieper Rapids

My name's Ewan, I live in Achiltibuie (Fucking FAR north of Scotland), and Edinburgh, UK. I'm into Loads of music but I prefer Folk metal, and power metal the best. And anything that's warrior like or full of emotion or Scandinavian (Apart from In Flames and Children of Bodom and the other populars.) I'm an Archaeology student. I'm 18...I play guitar in a band doing covers of rather popular rock songs, erm yeah.

Hello, I'm Natasha. I'm [very] nearly 20, and I live in the UK. I've been a lurker on these forums for a while, but never bothered to sign myself up until now. I love listening to metal, and I'm learning the accordion. Studying Finnish and Norwegian.

Figured I'd join in.

My name is Warrioress Katie of the Bruce Clan!!! Or just Katie, either way

I'm from Leeds, born and bred Yorkshire lass.

first heard Turisas about a year and a half ago, they played Battle Metal pretty much every month at Rock of Ages, but I never knew who they were. First saw them at Download 2007, then the next day at Metal Hammer Golden Gods.

Saw them in Leeds on saturday, 6th time I've seen them. Hopefully won't be long until I catch live them again.

And below is me in my Warrioress persona!

n512802943_248642_6206-1.jpg

i never come on here but here goes anyway...i'm catherine and i first heard battle metal on a free CD that came with metal hammer when i was thirteen or something (nearly four years ago) and was like MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. i've seen them three times now, at BOA, in newcastle and leeds last saturday. :D
also... i really fancy warlord.

Hello!, I'm Mika, I've liked Turisas since the Lordi gig, halloween '06.
Personally responsible for the duck of doom, more commonly known as Erno. I 've seen Turisas 9 times...I think :s, including standing with Katie at HRH!
Can't think of anything else