Least Favourite Opeth Track

Yeah I agree, DFN sounds great in the beginning, but gets boring very quickly. The weakest track on BWP in my opinion.

My Arms said:
Dirge for November, its so boooooooooooooooooring! (nice intro though)
not boring, overwhelming...
for me, DFN is definitely the best track on BWP by far. everything about this song is great and the heavy middle-part is the top of brilliance. it's so huge in its monumental sadness...i'll probably never grasp how so many people don't appreciate it.

Hypnos said:
for me, DFN is definitely the best track on BWP by far. everything about this song is great and the heavy middle-part is the top of brilliance. it's so huge in its monumental sadness...i'll probably never grasp how so many people don't appreciate it.

+3 (yes, my opinion is that important)
People are not listening to this song the right way. I'd explain how, but as always, noone cares.

By The Pain I See In Others. It isn't a bad song, I just rarely listen to the whole thing through. One riff reminds me weirdly of the Drapery Falls, and it gets on my nerves.

It's interesting that so many of you don't really like Master's Apprentices. The opening riff is boring, I agree, but I get a little euphoric every time I hear the drumming, in particular, for this bit -

soothing trance
colours fade
and disappear
ethereal light
showing me what i can do without
in a motionless scense
there is only me
i take what i can
controlling you to get ahead
fading away
and leaving
long for sleep
closer now
lead the way into death

Yeah. I didn't like Harlequin Forest at first but its...grown...on me. Hahahahaha hahahaha *fucks off*

blimey said:
I don't think I've ever seen you comment something even slightly positive about the band.

To be fair this probably wasn't going to be the thread to do it in :loco:

Requiem, shilouette, nectar, benighted, face of melinda, white cluster, the funeral protrait, blackwater park, for absent friends, the grand conjuration.

Fuck you, Dirge for November is awesome! It sounds like something Satan would write!

Those two cover tracks on MAYH.. they sound so "wrong".

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
I mean that death metal music should be heavy, brutal, evil, emotional etc. But never happy.
Check out the riff from 6.38 to 7.40 in Karma. It could perfectly be stolen from a Village People song. Or a Teletubbies song.
The same can be said about the first riff in Karma.
Just not my cup of tea.

:lol: hahahah thats like opeth's heaviest riff.

Easily Nectar. All of GR pwns. Weakness is good.

Mr. Josey Wales said:
THE GRAND CONJURATION

benighted, karma, the moor, white cluster, wreath, forest of october, atonement

Karma and The Moor = teh win.

Wreath , white cluster also very good.

FOREST OF OCTOBER perhaps the greatest Opeth song!

I dislike Deliverance, I think it is absolutely shithouse aside from the odd little shining moment and I don't understand it when Mikael and others describe it as one of the heaviest opeth tracks.

The exact same goes for TGC.

affinityband said:
You are kidding, Nectar, face of melinda, white cluster, the funeral portrait, blackwater park all fucking solid tracks.

Nectar is in my top 3.
TFP is up there, I love the riffs in this and the lyrics.
BWP pwns, phat riffage, awesome lyrics, awesome vox.

Advent, to those posting previously, is kickass IMHO.

And I notice a lot of people bashing songs from MR and Orchid...To me Orchid is flawless, and MR is not too far behind.

I also forgot to mention that I find most of Master's Apprentices quite boring, although it'd probably own live.

wow... i dont understand how masters apprentices could bore so many people! actually, the opening riff is a little boring, but after that i find nothing at all to be disappointed in. as for steve wilsons gay brit pop voice... i think its good so whatever...

song i dont like? well i like wreath, just it took me the best part of 2 years to get into it. i just really dont get that opening and closing riff. also most of the stuff from orchid. i dont dislike it, i just find it weaker than the rest of opeth's music.

Hypnos said:
It is a very powerful and moving song. The lyrics and the music go perfectly together. I rarely listen to it because it is just one of those songs that I just don't play often, but not because it is bad quite the contrary. ;)

affinityband said:
You are kidding, Nectar, face of melinda, white cluster, the funeral portrait, blackwater park all fucking solid tracks.
I apologize if I offended you but the aforementioned songs just don't do it for me like the others. I did not say that they were bad, they just aren't as good.

WinterSonnet said:
Least Favorite... probably Weakness, and the two cover songs they did that are on the bonus tracks of My Arms, Your Hearse (simply because I prefer songs written by them).

the Remember Tomorrow cover is amazing